True Religion Apparel

Updated 22 January 2015
Updated 22 January 2015
2.9

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 8 reviews)

• Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good for 8-10 months max-unless you wish to pursue retail further

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

great discount (70% off product)

Cons

if you're looking for seasonal work, this is not the company for you. minimum wage and the hours are competitively based-more sales, more hours, less sales means crap hours. Not a good job for somebody who needs to pay bills.

With the management title comes a lot of responsibility. Be careful of the power you have. do your job correctly and properly, you'll be rewarded as such. be able to run the store while holding your sales goal at the same time. It's tougher than you think.

Product Development

Current Employee - Product Development in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Development in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At the time, when I started it was a smaller company and I had a chance to grow within positions. As the company grew, I was really exposed to all divisions. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to understand this fashion/apparel business.

Cons

There is not too much opportunity to grow in product development. In my specific situation, compensation was not an opportunity.

Compensation and promotions are a great way to keep the really good people at your company. It gives an employee a sense of accomplishment and professional growth. If these opportunities were offered, you would probably not loose the best of the best employees.

Premium Fashion Legend

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

Great benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

Cons

No advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Stock clerk

Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Customers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

Sales associate

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

There is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

Cons

Sometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

Retail is great, design not so fine

Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Majority of people are great to work with

Cons

-retail runs the show, design is seriously loosing their voice
    -company downsized and thus everyone left is picking up 2-3 peoples worth of work
    -mostly employ temps for long periods of time without bringing them on full time

-give decent raises and promotions to those who earn it in other depts than retail
    -stop spreading around a budget crisis when a lot of money is wasted in unnecessary events

"Great place to work, until they sold."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked for this company for over four years. It's been a great. They really cared about their people.

Cons

They made a lot of operational changes to save money. However, it did not trickle down to the employees. They spent the money on new dept heads.

Love your people, more.

Accepted

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros I interviews with both dm and sm of the company they were both down to earth asked very detailed questions lasted about an hour 15 mins but I got an answer in less than a weeks time

Cons

The cons were I believe the asm salary was a little low but it wasn't bad... Also they don't offer a bonus structure for asm's only sm's

If your in management and want to come aboard be ready to read and be ready to soak a lot of info in at the same time... Not hard just a new system and info to input thru out.

It was a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

The team environment made the job easy.

Cons

The distance away from my house.

Decent pay, corporate problems

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great percent off for clothing. The job is relatively easy since its high end apparel and people who geniunely come to buy clothes dont need to be further convinced

Cons

boring as hell; theres days where we only get about 3 real customers and somedays we even struggle to get 1 sale! Insane...

True Religion Apparel Photos