True Religion Apparel

Updated 17 October 2014
Updated 17 October 2014
2.9

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 7 reviews)

• difficult to move up or even learn new skills (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Sinking ship..... Hoping to jump off with a lifesaver..

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount percentage off is very good, but there is a spending limit every month. Offer medical, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k with 4% matching for full time employees only.

Cons

Was bought out by private investors after the board voted the owner out and decided to sell the company. There's very little opportunity for growth, unless you are in the DM's inner circle of people. They also like to bring in new people from the outside to fill in any management position instead of promoting from within to those who deserve and have earned it. The pay/salary they offer now is a joke. They are running in a very tight payroll where it's only 2/2 coverage for the whole day. So they expect you to use minimal coverage for floor set, selling, etc... They are always taking feed back for product, but at the end of the day they still do what they want. The replenishment system is a joke., I've never worked for a company that requires you to create a product request list on merchandise that have sold in the store to send to corporate. This takes a lot of time away from sales floor, when the company should have a faster replenishing system to replenish their stores. You also get made empty promises by the upper management, and I've seen it in dozens of occasion, and have been in it myself. The registers are extremely slow, it's embarrassing when your ringing up customers. Customers do get frustrated when they should be having a fast closing the sale experience. If you are considering this company, I really suggest you think twice about it. There are more cons that I have not written here. Just for the record I am part of a management team not a sales associate and I know of how many others who want to leave this company.

Value your teams, and store management teams. Really promote from within.. Brake up those inner circles of favoritism., blinds you from seeing the people who are truly working hard to advance. Really listen to feed backs...

Bad investment made by a greedy equity firm

Former Employee - Creative in Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Creative in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

when the original founder was there,it was a fun place to work. good people in general and he kept his employees happy with generous wages and perks.

Cons

Failed restruction. there are no credible ,experienced ,qualified, leaderships from every single dept. the CEO has never done this before,so they had to send him to back to retrain him in a ceo school. poorly misguided by the remaining deadweights and unexperienced management. it all starts from the product and the people in charge of this is very questionable. there should not be a creative director and 2 directors of design to coverup each others flaws ,step up ,if they want to save money ,cut the bait already.

lets face the truth. you guys made a bad investment , if there are any hopes of recovering ,that would be a miracle. the brand has become stale ,out of fashion and it's over. as they say " you can't polish a turd, its still a turd" face the reality and sell it off . you would lose more money trying to keep alive.

Great supplemental income

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quality, American-made product
    Amazing, deep discount on product
    Great training program
    Flexibility in schedule
    Base + commission

Cons

Commission, though small, still creates a slightly hostile work environment

Lacking organization from corporate offices

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to fine tune sale techniques with quality product

Cons

Lack of care from managers when It comes to benefits of all employees of the store.

Shifts for non-management are broken up between 4-7 hours at most.

Honesty with employees towards succession planning. I've personally been lied to by store management for over a year about promotion.

Super Friendly and Laid Back

Current Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

We all got along from day one! Usually there's like a warm up period but it's like we've all known each other for years. They are a very detail orientated company. So there aren't any mistakes and if there are, they're very quick about fixing it.

Cons

I don't have any cons. Everything is going well! They work with you on everything and they are very good at being open for you to talk to them.

Keep doing what you're doing!

review for true religion

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colora, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colora, MD (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount, but not much room for growth

Cons

Not that much room to grow

none

headquarter departments work in a chaos with the new management. complete disorder and confusion on a daily bases.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

best reason to work here would be friendly people. if you get hire full time, it has a good benefits.

Cons

with confusion and chaos it is very difficult to maintain work flow, too many revisions, a lot of overtime is a must to compensate daily work flow. there are no support from management to help with problems way in which each department share and pass information with each departments.

after massive layoffs, there were no plan B. instead, we were left alone without any support to maintain the work flow with all new employees who needed training and with too many temporary people who are coming and leaving, again, retraining... all these effects work.

Gives great corporate environment experience, but does not believe in their people.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very structured in retail stores. Great for development in manager roles, but you end up working harder than your pay is worth.

Cons

No room for advancement. Prefer to hire from outside, and not internally. Very difficult to move up within company, and receive raises in pay. Does not have an identity with their brand. Trying to steer brand in another direction with hard transitions. Currently is hourly plus commission for all retail stores, however, the company is switching to strictly hourly in May 2014. Very political company.

Believe in your people more, and be on THEIR team. Remember- if you invest in your employees, they will invest in you!

Pleasant company to work for.

Former Employee - Associate Designer in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Designer in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great office, Great work environment. Staff is amazing and understanding. We all got along and made some new friends working there. They have great upper management that know what is going on in the industry to help stay with the trends and helps the design team reach it's goals.

Cons

The only downfall I can say is the location of the company. It's in the industrial side of California, but that is the only downfall.

Keep up the good work and just stay on top of the trends that is right for the company. Just do what you already do.

very bad managemnt

Former Employee - Key Holder in Bloomington, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Bloomington, MN (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very bias culture, people who working there are not a good worker

Cons

Store manager talk personal and spread rumors about their co-workers and many drama

True Religion Apparel Photos