True Religion Apparel

www.truereligionbrandjeans.com
Profile Unclaimed

Good Stay

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cool co-workers and customers on a daily

Cons

you have to learn new things about the brand like every day it can be a lot

felt like vomiting everyday.

Former Employee - Design in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Design in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

as of now none. before the buyout, it was a pretty good place to work . generous salaries,bonus and benefits.
    there was a goal and a look ,there was a leader with a vision that worked. he knew every aspect of the business from samples ,production ,buying ,design and retail.

Cons

the new management are clueless on how to fix this business. It all starts from the product and the leaders in design are incompetent and living in a dream. the production dept is a joke ,they have exhausted most of the relationship with the current vendors. more generals then soldiers. I would really look closely at the creative director to see if they really have a strategy to move forward ,rather than collecting their fat checks. the deadweights that no longer contribute in design is a waste of money ,energy and productivity. you really need to see if they are stepping up.

Making people drink on the job is not going to solve the problem or make you look like you have a great culture.
    I would not be surprised if someone would sue the company ,if they were pulled over for a dui or they had an accident or alcohol lead incidents? anyways,it's not cool to drink on the job... come up with a game plan, It would be a miracle to turn the company around . whatever you are doing is not working so, lets see what happens.

A company that doesn't really honor its employees

Current Employee - Key Holder in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quality products, and the hours are maleable towards schedules. Overall, a friendly environment with a healthy and positive selling competition between he sales associates.

Cons

Upper management is estranged and uninvolved. Management does not follow through with training/development. The company does not offer time and half on holidays, and makes you work all holidays. The company does not offer any form of sick time/vacation to any part time employees, whether sales or management. The pay can be much more for the amount of work that is asked of associates/management.

Make sure your sales staffs are properly being developed in the store level, as many of the management teams honestly do not care or work with them.

Good for 8-10 months max-unless you wish to pursue retail further

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

great discount (70% off product)

Cons

if you're looking for seasonal work, this is not the company for you. minimum wage and the hours are competitively based-more sales, more hours, less sales means crap hours. Not a good job for somebody who needs to pay bills.

With the management title comes a lot of responsibility. Be careful of the power you have. do your job correctly and properly, you'll be rewarded as such. be able to run the store while holding your sales goal at the same time. It's tougher than you think.

Product Development

Current Employee - Product Development in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Development in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At the time, when I started it was a smaller company and I had a chance to grow within positions. As the company grew, I was really exposed to all divisions. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to understand this fashion/apparel business.

Cons

There is not too much opportunity to grow in product development. In my specific situation, compensation was not an opportunity.

Compensation and promotions are a great way to keep the really good people at your company. It gives an employee a sense of accomplishment and professional growth. If these opportunities were offered, you would probably not loose the best of the best employees.

Premium Fashion Legend

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

Great benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

Cons

No advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Stock clerk

Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Customers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

Sales associate

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

There is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

Cons

Sometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

Retail is great, design not so fine

Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Majority of people are great to work with

Cons

-retail runs the show, design is seriously loosing their voice
    -company downsized and thus everyone left is picking up 2-3 peoples worth of work
    -mostly employ temps for long periods of time without bringing them on full time

-give decent raises and promotions to those who earn it in other depts than retail
    -stop spreading around a budget crisis when a lot of money is wasted in unnecessary events

Accepted

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros I interviews with both dm and sm of the company they were both down to earth asked very detailed questions lasted about an hour 15 mins but I got an answer in less than a weeks time

Cons

The cons were I believe the asm salary was a little low but it wasn't bad... Also they don't offer a bonus structure for asm's only sm's

If your in management and want to come aboard be ready to read and be ready to soak a lot of info in at the same time... Not hard just a new system and info to input thru out.

True Religion Apparel Photos