Turning Stone

www.turningstone.com

Turning Stone Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Turning Stone – Verona – “T S Property”

Ray Halbritter

good

Prosyou meet alot of ppl

Conslack of communicaton between upper management lower level team members

Employee are family

Black Jack Dealer (Current Employee) Verona, NY (US)

ProsPros – Good team work depending on the department you're in. Usually will work with your schedule. Decent benefits.

ConsBenefits for part time employees are slim, including PTO. Rarely get pay raises or incentives even if you have worked there a long time or have good reviews. Required to work weekends and most holidays. Don't offer sick days and will take away PTO days if you call in. Rarely encourages personal growth or doesn't give the means to do so. Not very concerned with the health of their employees or how the job duties affect the health of their employees.

Advice to Senior Management– Offer more incentives to work. Give annual raises. Give sick days and more PTO days.

F&B Review

ProsThe company provides Good benefits

ConsNot much room for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No raises

Reservations (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a job. They gave us some free perks, like a hotel stay and massages to review. As well as prizes like gas card, pedicure, etc... for winning monthly challenges. Some coworkers were nice, but it was very gossipy.

ConsThere have been little to no raises in recent years. It seems like they spent the money on a parade float for the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and the new addition of Exit 33 instead of giving raises to lower level employees (some managers still received raises). A lot of people were upset about that, and the good employees either gave up trying or left.

There were little opportunities for career advancement.

The management micromanages and rarely backs you up if a guest has a problem. It seemed like they would rather give the guest anything they want to shut them up than follow the rules the rep had been advising the guest of. Also departments are more than happy to take the word of the guest over other departments and blame the other department. It happened many times where the guest was confused or straight out lied about what they were advised of. They normally got what they wanted even if the reservation was noted to the contrary. Turn over is high. The offices are very small and gossipy.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack up reps and start doing annual raises again for everyone not just management.

Coworkers treat you like family, but not a great place for a career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Verona, NY (US)

ProsGood team work depending on the department you're in. Usually will work with your schedule. Decent benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more incentives to work. Give annual raises. Give sick days and more PTO days.

They work you to death, you have to deal with a lot of customers who are jerks.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCheap food that isn't bad. You get a paycheck. You get decent discounts sometimes. Do have some classes that you can take that may help you with your job.

ConsVery monotonous job. When you walk in the employee entrance you notice over half the employees are in an awful mood. Probably because of too much workplace politics, and being overworked by management.
    In reality Turning Stone is the revenue center for the Oneida Nation's political activities, although it does provide money for their community and other essential.
    Managers often

Advice to Senior ManagementThe first day you walk in for training you are told to smile more. Well many of us are in stressful situations and depending on your manager you might be second guessed all the time, adding to the stress, add to this lack of sleep at times, and below average pay. This makes for an awful environment.
    Also leave your employees out of the political battles the Oneida Nation engages in, we simply don't care, and most of us oppose it.

exciting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey have excellent employee culture

Consi cant think of any (none)

Advice to Senior Managementwonderful place to work

Revenue Audit Supervisor

ProsGet exposure to all types of accounting. Most of finance is friendly. 1 hour paid lunch. Get to work with a wide range of people.

ConsIf you don't have a CPA there is no future for you. Long, long hours for salaried employees. 4 managers in less than a year due to turn over. After 10 years might as well start looking for a new job. Manage people that get paid more than me. Constant turn over guaranteed every 6-8 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the people that have given the company 10-20 years of their life. What is the point in working for a company if there is no stability.

the hell and heaven of turning stone

Concession Attendant (Former Employee) Vernon, NY (US)

Proslots of fun, great people

Consnot alot of clear directions

Advice to Senior Managementhave compassion for the little guy that is busting their butt for you to look good

They don't want you to work for them, they want you to live for them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPays slightly more than other jobs in the area, lunch can be cheap

ConsRequired political meetings, petty managers, huge gossip mill, getting in and out takes an extra half hour just to get to and from the parking lot, everything that goes with working at a casino

Worked for Turning Stone? Contribute to the Community!