U.S. Bank

3.2 1,192 reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

1,192 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Relaxed workplace atmosphere with good work/life balance"
    in 68 reviews
  • "I liked their data management systems, and friendly work environment"
    in 38 reviews
Cons:
  • "Worst work/life balance of my entire career while employed at US Bank"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Upper management would never tell you about change until it was already rolled out"
    in 39 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great People

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Prostraining, never a dull molment

Consthrow you on the line

Could be a perfect fit for some!

24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros-Really invest in employees
-Great benefits
-Opportunity for growth

Cons-Sales goals
-Pressure
-Training can lack, different approaches

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees reach goals early on, help one-on-one with struggles

Nice place to work

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros- Manager is great
- Flexible hours
- lots of OT

Cons-Pay is a little low
-Upper management relies to heavily on consultants

Advice to Senior Management-Make your own decisions or reach out to the experts you have in-house.

Proud to say I work at US Bank.

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRichard Davis is an excellent leader. US Bank remains true to serving their customers and supporting their communities. Good solid company to work for. 401k matching contribution is a nice perk.

ConsWould like to see more promoting from within the business lines rather than bringing in outside business line employees or outside of US Bank for leadership roles. Employees who have been here for many years are often overlooked for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out and reward existing hard-working, loyal employees who have been with the bank for a long time (10 years or more) through promotions within the business lines.

Good work-home balance, usually. In-store is not as accomdating unless working from 9am to 7:15 pm 1-3 days/week is ok.

In-store Banker II (Current Employee)
Bend, OR (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat vacation set up. 2 weeks after 90 days plus 'float' days for holidays on which we are open (approx 5 days/year, which is an extra week of vacation). They also let you purchase an extra week as well. I have a total of 4 weeks/year.

ConsIn my district, they are somewhat hypocritical. They refuse to advance you into management, even if you have superior leadership and motivational skills, unless you are a top-tier sales person. Each sales person that met the requirements thus far has failed as a manger, letting their responsibilities go and letting the branch and employees fall a part. Whereas a banker who shows excellent skill at conducting management responsibilities and duties is basically spit on because they havent yet become an "assisant banker" but has been employed with the company for several years and meets or exceeds expectations.
In addition to this, outsiders have been hired for management positions with no prior banking experience. So instead of getting support and help, subordinates are training managers on rules/regs etc and are not getting assitance with their needs.
Also, pay is not that great. My base pay is $24k a year and my bonuses only gave me an extra $3k. Im considered a top banker in my district and my annual performance raise was only .43 cents.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to give your employees more credit for the areas in which they accel. Pay better salaries.

US Bank is a great company to work for and I look forward to many years working here.

Credit Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company is very conservative and there is very little worry of layoffs that do occur at many of our other large competitors. Job security is great, and the people are generally easy to work with and will to help.

ConsThe internal processes/systems used are outdated and the company has not indicated that they are working to improve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the training processes. Given the con noted above that the systems are outdated, it would be beneficial to have a better training systems for new hires.

audit manager

Audit Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

ProsBank'a executive leadership is excellent. Richard Davis, CEO, seems to want to do the right thing. All in all, USB is a great bank to work for.

ConsTechnologically, we are not the best in the industry. However, there's effort to upgrade our workstations to bring us more current with the rest of the industry.

Great company to start with.

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Prosgood starting pay, great benefits

Conshard to move forward in the company

Best in class corporate management, atrocious human capital management

Performance Analyst (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery strong leadership makes US Bank a very stable place to work with excellent long term prospects. They have been very accommodating of my needs outside the job as I managed the care of a special needs child at home.

ConsPay is below average for comparable jobs in region. Very little interest in career development. Benefits getting worse each year. Despite 2 promotions and 5 raises in 7 years, real wage growth adjusted for inflation has been virtually non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing and retaining talent or the advantages that have been realized through prudent financial management decisions will be short lived.

US Bank is great

Quality Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsThey are small but growing fast.

ConsSame as above, but we all help them.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the voices of experienced workers you hire- and you do great at it!

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for U.S. Bank CEO Richard K. Davis. All 1,192 reviews are posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees.