UPS

3.3 2,358 reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,092 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor(in 222 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees(in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees(in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months(in 149 reviews)

2,358 Employee Reviews

Good

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) London, England

Prosflexibility , good team and understanding team leader

Consmanagement improvement will good and easy going manager

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

A steep learning curve

Trainer (Current Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsGood salary and good benefits.

ConsNone. A good place to work

Dishonest Management

Supervisor (Former Employee) Dewsbury, England

ProsReasonably well paid for the industry, but you will have to put in the hours to earn it.

ConsHypocritical Managers. Company policies are not followed, all in the name of profit. Bullying is rife, from the highest managers downwards. Dishonesty is the best way forwards. If you go by the book, don't expect to progress

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a policy book, use it. You have a code of business conduct, use it. Be honest.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, but work you must

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bristol, England

Prosstrong brand, good reputation, reliable service, reasonably well paid

Conslong hours and a never ending supply of admin

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your people to do their job without analysis paralysis

UPS - A Place To Work!

Administration (Current Employee) Nottingham, England

Prosjob security, christmas chocolate box! competetive salary based on similar jobs in the local area. holiday allowance is good, in own department always willing to be flexible. fairly relaxed working day within own department. recognition scheme works well in general even though it is just a token gesture. open door policy works but getting results is a different matter

Conslack of promotion based on merit and actual ability, management team selected on basis of who you know and not what you know, cliquey atmosphere. not interested in helping employees reach their potential. working environment could be better, cramped office space, bad building maintainence. inability to apply its own policies.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees more, sometimes they have good ideas, we are educated people who can think you know! look at the yearly ERI, this should tell you what is happening!

I drive the browntruck

Full Time Package Car Driver (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe pay and benefits are great when you eventually can get a full-time position. If you enjoy working on your own and can handle pressure, this is a plus. I enjoy meeting the people I deliver to also. I have heard a lot of co-workers who came out of the military compare UPS to that type of a career. It is possible to get an easier job by driving tractors or going into management later on. We get a lot of vacations, over-time, have a pension plan, 401K, company stock discounts, and we get corporate discounts from other companies.

ConsDriving a package car, which is company lingo for the brown delivery truck, is a very physical job that is tough on your body. So you need to be in good shape from a health stand point. The hours are long too, if you have small children you will miss all their activities Monday-Friday. I have an 8:50AM Start Time, I typically clock out at 7:30PM. I live 27 miles away from my work location, this means I leave my driveway about 7:30 in the morning and I get home after 8PM on an average day. The company constantly comes up with new technology to try to increase the amount of work we do, they also know through GPS and other technology what we do all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to hire more employees and decrease the workload a little bit. They also need to improve servicing our customers better.

Great Place to work

UPS Account Executive (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

ProsClose knit, Great room for promotion, Great people. We're all like a family.

ConsNot easy to relocate, but they make it worth staying.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great part time union job

Part Time Package Handler (Current Employee) Middletown, PA (US)

ProsNice pay raises twice a year

ConsLazy staff need to go

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality staff that want to work

Good Company

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsFinancially stable and a secure company to work for.

ConsProcess driven and poor communication flow from senior management

UPS Is good for the money!

Unloader (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are into politics, you will go far; Drivers can make upwards of 90k a year after three years; Full time supervisors and managers (above supervisors) make about 75k-150+k, respectively.

ConsNo upward progression if you don't play the game of politics; most management will not help you advance; the bottom line is the only thing that matters; most supervisor's have absolutely no leadership ability.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt must be working, the stock is up and no one is going hungry but the part timers...and they are a dime a dozen so...I guess if it aint broke, don't fix it!

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!