Unilever PLC

www.unilever.com

Unilever PLC Reviews

Updated Jul 07, 2014
Unilever PLC – “Factory Italy”

Unilever PLC – “Factory Italy”

Unilever PLC CEO and Director Paul Polman

Paul Polman

sr brand manager

Senior Brand Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat to build marketing skills
    Nice people
    Very flexible in terms of location

ConsVery poor salary
    Lack of good managerial skills from the leaders

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise salary as it is below the industry average
    Improve balance of ABMs vs. BMs (meaning more ABMs giving BMs more experience to lead people - meaning more than one person)
    Ensure that directors are good managers and have great managerial experience leading teams before promoting them

Really enjoyable work environment.

Finance Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe people - there is a very strong community within the company and several of my colleagues are now friends of mine. The career advancement opportunities are very good, there is a clear career proposition and plenty of chances to prove yourself and to deliver real value and growth to the company. The work/life balance is excellent, managers are very good about letting you take time off/leave early if you need to. There are excellent opportunities to work abroad.

ConsCompensation is claimed to be at a premium above market rate but isn't. Unilever can also be a bit 'soft' for some people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more transparent about the direction of the company instead of justifiying decisions made reterospectively.

Great business to work for!

ProsWorked with many great colleagues over the years and had the opportunity to work across a number of functions and in different countries. Experienced and learnt so many things. Ambitious growth plans, but also very focused on sustainability and core values

ConsHas become much more streamlined in recent years, hence less promotional activity (more time spent at current job level, unless fast track). Has been active on promoting work life balance, but hasn't always worked out for some colleagues. At times not as quick to market as it should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementA great business, that can be even greater. The people that work for Unilever are its greatest asset, please continue to develop and manage to their full potential.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unilever is a great place to work

Customer Development Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) Durban (South Africa)

ProsGreat upbeat culture
    Major emphasis on performance
    Great support with regards to development i.e. mentoring/coaching
    Large leading FMCG
    Socially responsible
    Easily accessible senior management

ConsCareer opportunities are great but they take some time in materialising

Fantastic place to work for and learn.

Finance Director (Former Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsPeople oriented, international workplace. Highly competitive.

ConsWork load and too many meetings (of which many do not add any value) keep you out from the real world. It is a big shock when you leave the company.

Constant change

ProsPay is above most competitors and company store you have the ability to get most Unilver products at half the regular sale price.

ConsMost employees have no sense of urgency. Most managers do what is best to get their bonus not always working in the best interests of the company, often confilcting goals and KPI's.

Living Vitality

Customer Development Intern (Former Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsAt least as an intern, you learn from the best, you work with the best and then you at least think you become the best

ConsEven from an intern's standpoint, the workload can sometimes see you spending more than 9 hours in the office or on the road

A Great Place to work

Information Management (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsIntegrity and Sustainability, connectivity with technology and understanding marketing condition

ConsHave to get more exposure on value added skills and the opportunities should be given to right people and on right time

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Wonderful experience and enjoy all the Trainings attended

Supply Chain Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Lagos (Nigeria)

Pros- Unilever are good at Training her workers
    - Working in Unilever is the best that can happen to man
    - Unilever value her employees and give them rooms to grow.

Cons- You work on week end and always closing late

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should do more to stop Labour turnover

Great work atmosphere for interns, Co op is highly recommended!

Category Procurement Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Trumbull, CT (US)

ProsThe work atmosphere in the Trumbull, CT office was family oriented. People were always very friendly to one another and teams felt like families. As an intern, I was highly respected among all my coworkers. There is a lot of room to grow in the company too with the companies rotational program.

ConsI was not a fan of the location in Trumbull, CT but that is personal preference.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Unilever PLC? Contribute to the Community!