UniversalPegasus International

www.universalpegasus.com
Profile Unclaimed

I am very excited to be currently working here.

Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team is great and I am treated as part of it even though I am new. Many people go above and beyond to make sure you get settled in as a new employee. The company's HR Dept is very organized. Too new to add anything else at this time.

Cons

A few people should learn manners - swearing within earshot of others is not cool. Also, small items came up missing in my cubicle recently. I really do mean 'a few'. Most people are very professional.

GROWING and CONTINUING TO GROW

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

UPI is a great company that allows you to achieve and grow as much as you wish. Do your job the best you can and you will reap the benefits. You won't always agree with every company move or decision, but that's true no matter who you work for and that includes "youself". UPI allows you the freedom to grow and prosper if you're talented enough and smart enough to grab hold before things pass you by.

Cons

UPI has always been a company of change and growth and like most companies, it sooner or later makes some bone-head decisions. How it recovers and overcomes those decisions is the real measure of the company future. As UPI has grown it takes longer to overcome some missteps. UPI can be a little too slow to show appreciation and a little too quick to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Despite the cons; I think management is really trying. I do agree with some of the naysayers that in the past poor (or lack of) management has been a real problem. That problem is not unique to UPI, but then this is not a critique of other companies. My advice to UPI management is that they continue to make sure they and their decisions are not the problems. To continue to pave that gravel road to success and to always keep an eye on the success of the team. And never, ever forget that the team is really just a bunch of individuals working towards a common goal.

I work with a great team in a workplace that provides challenges and rewards.

Current Employee - Senior Drafter II in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Drafter II in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The environment is upbeat. My colleagues are second to none and always willing to assist in anyway. My compensation is more than fair. I am able to increase my knowledge and experience. Our managers are positive and strive to provide a great place to work; often asking for feedback. The corporate office is very supportive and communicates in order to keep us abreast of company business and projects. This is a good place for me.

Cons

As with “any” engineering or service group the work often comes down at the clients discretion which sometimes is the last minute.

Keep up the hard work.

UPI is a company on the rise. They take care of their employees and they have a good vision of the future.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Good managers and flexible working environment. This is especially helpful with the Houston traffic

Cons

The Houston traffic can make it difficult to get to the office

Hold the your current course and be patient

Up we go.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Company provides great benefits and good work culture. Open door policy applies to everyone in company and is a big plus. After acquisition by HII, company is more aggressive in market for various different and value added projects.

Cons

need better structure within departments.

I enjoy working for UniversalPegasus. Work is very challenging, friendly environment.

Current Employee - Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth. Salaries competitive

Cons

Medical benefits are on the high side.

Costs of medical benefits are way too high compared to other employers.

Very interesting place to work.

Pros

Overall a positive work life balance. Some stressful times, but that keeps you charged. Good people to work with.

Cons

Can sometimes be so process oriented it can make the company appear inflexible and unresponsive. The past few years have been full of changes, and that may be unsettling. Utilization scrutinization can be very demanding, but it is understandable.

Involve more employees in strategic planning and get their feedback and ownership of the overall plan.

Decent company, bad management.

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

relaxed dress code, kept on overhead in between projects. Relaxed atmosphere. Flexible hours.

Cons

culture of contempt, disrespect and condescension. Worst I've seen in this business. If you don't like being addressed like an idiot then stay far away from this company.

Can't say much without disregarding my anonymity.

most demoralizing, meaningless job immangineable

Current Employee - Designer II in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Designer II in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

uhh, paycheck? (for now) They had a pretty good 401K but reduced the match. You are off between Christmas and New years ( You have to charge it to PTO)

Cons

No management capability whatsoever, you have to beg for charge numbers, it is as bad as the reviews posted. . Today ,a New Low!

An email came from senior management today telling employees to go to glass door and post positive comments to sway the negative (truthful) comments- NO KIDDING!

It is so bad management is begging and bullying people to post phony praise out of fear for their job.Don't believe any phony good comments you see after this post. I have seen people set up time after time and fired here. Your manager usually is too busy to assign you work. Too much overhead and you are terminated. Chaotic, unorganized and miserable. Politics are taken to a new low. If you do get work it is usually due in some unreasonable amount of time. Truly one of the worse places in Houston to work.

Maybe get rid of 2 or 3 vice presidents and 5 or 6 deputy directors or however many duplicate bosses you have. Not sure why you need 2 or 3 divisions competing with one another for the same job.Especially when they hate one another.

Overall Great Company to Work for

Current Employee - Engineer III in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good, Benefits are decent although they have been better in the past, opportunity for growth in the company is there, and the company has great culture of giving recognition to employees that go above and beyond duties or expectations.

Cons

There is always something about a company you could find that you do not like, but I choose to overlook the minor issues I have found.

Continue to seek out growth opportunities, and continue to give local management the flexibility needed to make that office a success.