University of Central Arkansas

www.uca.edu

University of Central Arkansas Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014
University of Central Arkansas – Conway – “College of Business Building”

Tom Courtway

Great opportunities if you seek them!

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsWonderful school with lots of potential, small school + small town = great work life balance. If you are looking for opportunities to teach, broaden the minds of students, or help serve students in some capacity, this is the place to be.

ConsThe only negative thing I have to say about working at UCA is the lack of communication. I hope that in the near future things get better in this arena, but the lack of communication between departments and employees can be avoided if you are proactive, if not, then it probably still won't diminish your experience too much. It's just a cultural norm to be silo'd, but if that doesn't bother you, then this school is awesome! :)

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage communication! The students and entry level employees do not know or care who you are because you don't talk to them like you're on the same team.

Working at the Student Center felt like being part of a family.

Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsI was given the freedom to use my own ideas to solve tasks.
    Everyone works together to accomplish tasks.
    Leadership truly cares about their employees.
    Hours are flexible to accommodate studies.

ConsChic-Fil-A and Pizza Hut are downstairs (Student Center), which makes eating healthy difficult. This could also be seen as a Pro.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Student Center is doing things right. When I move on to work somewhere else, I will always remember this job fondly. Keep on this track and I feel that anyone to work here will feel the same. Thank you!

Lots of free time

Intern In College of Business (Former Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsThe personnel is very friendly

ConsThe work is not so challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve interns in activities more challenging

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have had a great experience overall with UCA.

Executive Assistant to Our Adv Vice President (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsOur President Tom Courtway-he has integrity to make UCA a better institution better.

ConsSome of the downsides would be all of the media attention at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't judge a book by it's cover because there is so much more inside that holds integrity, hard work and loyalty. I have the experience you are looking for according to your job description.

Great

Coordinator (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsIt's a state job so you get a good 401k, 8 hours of vacation and sick time per month when starting. Great environment: overall local community of Conway Arkansas is a great place to live.

ConsSalaries tend to stay at entry level for a very long time, advancement only happens if you move from job to job by applying for new positions. It is very rare to advance in your own department without years and years of dedicated service. Faculty positions are very much the same with slow advancement in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on top of cola raises and start doing more merit raises as well as one time bonuses.

Student worker (in the office)

Student Worker (Former Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsA lot of sitting down, not very much pressure, not very much *boss/*employee interaction but a lot of *Professor/*Student.

ConsBase pay; Not many hours; not very helpful with experience in general

Wage slavery pure and simple. They pay graduate assistants less than half the area average.

ProsAt times they hire people.

ConsThey pay next to nothing and treat employees very poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees fair wages and treat them with due respect.

Awesome Place to build your Carrer

ProsGood Work Culture, Good Career Guidance

ConsNot too many opportunities to try new things

Football Coach

Football Coach (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsWork Schedule was great in terms of time off.

ConsThere were none for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Greatest work environment!

I T (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsGreat atmosphere, supportive staff, exellent education benefits for employee and family.

ConsSalary, Not the place you want to work if money is priority in your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementSecure more funding for bonuses and raises to help with the increasing cost of living.

Worked for University of Central Arkansas? Contribute to the Community!