Verengo Solar
www.verengosolar.com Torrance, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Verengo Solar Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Randy Bishop

Pros:
  • "Growth Opportunities - Very Fast growing industry puts employees ahead of the curve for future job growth sectors in U"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Verengo Solar is a POWERFUL GROWING COMPANY AND I AM PROUD TO BE AN EMPLOYEE"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Fairly new to the company but overall no cons comes to mind, great team"
    in 5 reviews
  • "If you don't like change, or constant improvement, or fast paced companies that you can be (and become) a great leader in - then Verengo is NOT for you"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Doing Good and Doing Well

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsOpen minded, forward thinking, engaging and fun culture. Keeps you on your tip toes and challenges you to grow personally and professionally! I love the TRUSTED values and how everyone stands behind them. Feels like everyone is in it together and treats one another like family. The start up feel is still there and its both challenging and exciting.

Consthis is not a job for someone who is not not driven, self motivated, hard working, focused professional. no sitting behind the desk here. everything is moving, changing, evolving. its positively unpredictable and unpredictably positive. if you want to just push the pencil and collect a weekly paycheck, better go elsewhere ;)

I am a happy "Verengonian" !!

TSR - Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsI have been working for Verengo Solar for over a year. For the most part, I love my job. The overall environment in the office is upbeat and positive. My coworkers are by far the best part of this job! I love all of the "Verengonians" - they truly make this company the best place to work. I am happy that Verengo is growing so quickly, and I am proud to be a part of this expansion. I know there will be many, many opportunities for me to grow with this company and move into other job positions. I am excited for my future with Verengo. Some "pros" of working at Verengo solar: great coworkers, upper management who cares about you as a person and employee, your opinions are heard, competitive pay, full benefits (health, vision, dental, PTO, short term disability, etc),

ConsBecause Verengo is growing so quickly, we are always changing policies and procedures in the office. You have to keep up with all the changes to ensure that you are doing your job correctly. Sometimes, I believe that we roll out changes without first working out the "kinks" and imperfections. Change is good, and being dynamic is absolutely necessary at Verengo Solar. My recommendation to improve this would be to slow down the implementation of changes. If we spend a little more time up front making these changes "perfect," it will be easier to implement them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy suggestion to improve the sales department is to create a culture of inclusion, rather than exclusion. Being a sales department, everything is very competitive and there is a high value placed on "being the best." Unfortunately, some employees cut corners to climb to the top, and they are rewarded for this. I believe it would be a better strategy to focus on quality, rather than quantity.

Verengo has given me a chance to advance my career and offers me the opportunity to succeed

Facilities Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVerengo offers a family-like atmosphere and treat everyone equally. The offer comprehensive salary packages and gives employees the ability to advance and develop new and exciting skills. They offer management programs and training and develop employees within.

ConsNo cons to speak of. Verengo is everything that a person would want in an employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in the individuals that work for you and develop their skills daily. One on one interaction is important and needs to be focused on all the time. Always comfort and support employees decisions and guide them toward the right direction.

Awesome place to work!

Information Technology (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsVery fast paced environment which is exactly what I was looking for, great team members and I am also involved in the daily decision making that affects my job & duties, I really feel as a valuable member of my team and the company!

ConsThings change fast and some people may struggle with it, I personally like it and have no cons so far!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get employees involved in decision making as you are now, revised time off / sick time would be great for the future.

Great Growth Opportunity for People Drive and Embrace Change

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have worked here for more than fours years. I really like the start-up fast-paced environment, drive and embrace changes and had great opportunities to directly work with senior executives over the past four years. I had a great opportunity to expose myself in various functions and departments within the company. I really enjoy being often challenged to find creative solutions for various new transactions and problems. Here you can have impact and see the result!!!

ConsYou need to learn to stay positive everyday to drive and embrace change.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep growing.

Energetic Environment

Field Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsWhen you enter inside the office you would feel the difference yourself with alot of positive energy and work ethic in the air which would make you feel to give your more then 100%. Its really fun to work with Verengo Solar.

ConsI didnt come across any kind of cons yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work!

Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVerengo employs extremely talented individuals, who really live the company values, which are Trust, Responsibility, Uncompromising, Smart, Team, Enthusiastic & Dynamic ("TRUSTED"). I'm very proud to be part of a company that is focused on making a positive difference.

ConsThere's never a dull day at Verengo! With such rapid growth, one must be ok with changing priorities and demands, which is good news for folks that thrive in such circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with your on-going commitment to process and system improvements that will sustain and promote the growth that created the company we are today.

Most Helpful Team of People I Have Worked With!

Lead Gen Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is the most proactive company I have worked for. They constantly challenge us with growth and opportunity, and reward for a job well done! Great vision and leadership. I will be here until I retire!

ConsWe are going to need more space as we grow!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the health care environment closely to make sure with 1000 employees you are getting the best rates for your employees! Also, keep working on the 401k match!

My experience with verengo has been that it is the greatest place on earth to work. It is in growth mode and it is fun.

TSR (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe ability to be flexible with scheduling and that hours can be made up when missed. There is constant opportunity for upward mobility. Because of our constant growth management positions open up all the time. You have the ability to make as much money as you want with unlimited commissions, We are treated as one big family.

ConsThe toughest part is not having a permanent schedule the schedule can change every three weeks and policy changes are sometimes tough to keep up with. And the fact that commission structure changes so frequently it seems if we do to well as a group management feels we are making too much money and will change commission structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try working on communication of changes on a more universal level rather than individuals.
Sometimes even management is not exactly on current policies after back and forth changes

Outstanding Experience - Love the Growth at the Call Center

Loyal Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsI love our call center culture. If you're looking for a great call center culture and experience. You can get it here. Leadership listens to you

ConsLots of change but no need to fear it

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's keep growing and putting solar on roofs

Worked for Verengo Solar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verengo Solar reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Verengo Solar CEO Randy Bishop. All 89 reviews are posted anonymously by Verengo Solar employees.