Verizon

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 2,228 reviews

Verizon President & CEO Lowell McAdam

Lowell McAdam

Pros
  • excellent pay and benefits for the type of work performed(in 182 reviews)

• Good benefits and competetive or better salary especially the more years you have(in 209 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a very flexible working schedule to meet today's work/life balance needs(in 77 reviews)

• Management cannot do their jobs due to idiotic Upper Management fiascos(in 78 reviews)

2,228 Employee Reviews

Great company to Work in

ProsSalary increases every year. Offer great packages, great environment to work in and great leadership team.

Consnone so far and would recommend this company to a friend..

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in People.

Verizon turned my life upside down - thank God I escaped and got my life back

Account Executive (Former Employee) London, England

ProsNone. It really is that bad.

ConsThe work life balance made me unwell. And when I got unwell and tried to discuss the challenges of workload, I wasn't listened to. I went sick for two weeks at doctors orders and they stopped my pay. After faithful service for 7 years and not a single day off sick, this is how they treat you. You are disposable. Not valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementA culture of honour, respect, trust and innovation has to be more than the plaque you place in your foyer.

Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice Office with good coffee

ConsPoor management and poor motivation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

neutral

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsIt is centrally situated and has great people who work there. Benefits include working in a big corporate which is great for CV

ConsHardly ever progress people from with-in the company. Recognising talent and promoting it is not the usual practice. the benefit packages are sub standard,

Advice to Senior Managementpromote talent from with-in and avoid losing good employees

Can acquire companies, but cannot integrate, a huge worry for customers!!!

ProsGreat scope for learning all ICT technologies.

ConsWhen hybrid solutions are sold they cannot deliver as poor integration of acquisitions to meet the clients unified network, hosting and cloud needs. Like working with multiple companies trying to deliver one solution

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the right management as they constantly change them. BAD REDUCTION IN FORCE MENTALITY.

Frustrating

Programmer Manager (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsThe people on the ground are really fantastic. Hard working and eager to help.
    The Dot restaurant is OK.

ConsProcesses and admin is a nightmare. The workload seems to expand exponentially as more and more systems and processes stop working.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team. Invest in your people. Stop outsourcing vital functions to save money.

Political driven company with no customer focus

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsGreat people, flexible work hours and interesting projects

ConsConstant re-orgs, incompetent managers that's been on the same position for years makes talanted people leave Verizon

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement by fear is not the way forward, listen to your customers and support your employees' ambition to develop.

Verizon UK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat cultural environment, opportunity to gain involvement across functions

ConsUS centric - and no real opportunity to influence. Driven by internal costs and admin

Joined with high ambition's but disappointed now

Network Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsWorld famous company and you feel honored with the name

Consshort sighted approach to employee , on alot of account they do body shopping.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan for long term before you hire someone , dont spoil people's career

I wouldn't work here again...

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Reading, England

ProsGlobal Diversity which gives you the opportunity to interact with a lot of people from different regions and nationalities.

ConsDownside is you have to make extra effort to interact with other departments. A lot of bureaucracy going on here as well. Difficult to move up the corporate ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers would benefit from taking a few more management courses! Being a manager doesn't necessarily mean you know it all. Take time to listen to your employees!

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!