Victoria's Secret Stores

3.2 1,183 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

1,183 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great discount, love being able to help shoppers feel better about themselves"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Free bras two times a year and great discount throughout the year"
    in 75 reviews
Cons:
  • "The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job)"
    in 62 reviews
  • "Retail schedules can be tough, although this is the best focus on work life balance I've seen"
    in 53 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Passionate staff, great environment to work in...

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible job, variety in role, staff are passionate about the company, Staff Discount, great training, opportunity for progression

Consshift patterns can have awkward times,

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good teamwork and energy, but not so great paid

Brand Associate (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for less than a year

ProsGood management team
Multinationals
Strong fashion retail management
No odd hours

ConsSometimes difficult to deal with issues instantly since everyone is super busy
Job responsibility is not very clear
career path

Advice to Senior Managementimprovement in salary and benefits

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best Working Environment

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
Garden City, NY (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

ProsGreat people, management, being a member of a great team.

ConsNot enough working hours. Too much focus on opening up store credit cards.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess focus on opening up store credit cards are needed. There are better ways to gain customer loyalty.

Such an amazing company to be a part of!

Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat community of girls and women to work with. So much opportunity for growth. So much fun. Helps you get out of your shell and have a goal to work towards.

ConsHigh turnover rate. Sometimes you don't get the feedback you are looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive as much feedback as possible. We like guidance and direction.

A Mixed Bag

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Brand, Collaborative Culture, Team focused

ConsNo support on change management, New management does not listen to its employees. Way too many time spent on politics vs. getting the work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees. And recognize them.

Company is not consistent

Bra Specialist (Former Employee)
Santa Anita, CA (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

ProsAt one location I worked at I absolutely loved it! Great training, room for advancement, coaching, team members etc. At the second location I transferred to, pros were very few: incentives for associates were nice, incentives for bra specialist were great.

ConsMany managers were rude, disrespectful, would go to sleep in the fitting rooms during an overnight floor set, new seasonal hires did not care and managers did nothing about it. The espoused values did not line up with the lived values.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more effort and consistency among managers between all stores, not just within the store and stopping at corporate.

All over associate

Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMobile. You can move to almost any city and work for this company. I have worked for VS since 2009. As my main career has relocated me, I haev satyed with VS through 4 states. Gotta love it! I get a massive discount on my wireless bill, free flu shots, free and discounted product. 401k and stock as well. They even offered me pet insurance. I started as a regular associate, became a staffing and operations coordinator, then moved to bra specialist. After that I was promoted to Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor.

ConsTeenage drama occurs more often than not. They are serious about availability. There is no playing with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my 401k and associate stock purchase plan. But, had I not been management, would it have been offered?

I love it.

Flex Associate (Current Employee)
Muskegon, MI (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone is so friendly and get along great. There's a really strong team bond and it's a very comfortable work environment and I look forward to going to work every day.

ConsIt really gets under my skin when we have shoplifters come in and do fraudulent returns. I hate knowing that they get away with stealing money from the company and we can't do anything about it even when it's clear they did not purchase the merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest problem I had was when I got hired; I applied in the summer for SAS and after my interview no one contacted me for about a month and when they finally did call me I had gotten another job. I then applied for Holiday and I had to keep calling to find out what was going on. From my experience the hiring process is not very organized and it is very stressful for the one being hired.

I absolutely love my job

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management is very understanding

ConsSo far I do not have any cons

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVS recognizes talent and as long as the individual can learn from coaching and feedback can really grow with the company. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to a store manager. The company is a great brand to work for and has the best company values. VS is a world wide recognized brand and continues to be a pace setter for the retail industry. I think it is a really fun company to work for.

ConsGoods and bads to working with all females the majority of the time.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney. All 1,183 reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees.