Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.2 1,381 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights
1,381 Employee Reviews

Passionate staff, great environment to work in...

Sales Associate (Former Employee) London, England

ProsFlexible job, variety in role, staff are passionate about the company, Staff Discount, great training, opportunity for progression

Consshift patterns can have awkward times,

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Not as glamorous as you'd think...

Sales Associate (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe discount and gratis are quite generous, especially on bras
    That's literally it!

ConsI thought it'd be great working here (I work in the Stratford one) but a management figure was so rude and condescending she made me contemplate leaving already and I've only been here for a couple of weeks.
    Other members of management are also quite stuck up and moody, makes it horrible to work there, they talk down to associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementBRUSH UP ON PEOPLE SKILLS. Know how to talk respectfully to people, there is always a nice way to say things. People from recruitment to management need to have some people skills training too. All in all, you can tell if a person is genuinely nice and a "good" person, I haven't met anyone "higher up" who seem that way.

Good teamwork and energy, but not so great paid

Brand Associate (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGood management team
    Multinationals
    Strong fashion retail management
    No odd hours

ConsSometimes difficult to deal with issues instantly since everyone is super busy
    Job responsibility is not very clear
    career path

Advice to Senior Managementimprovement in salary and benefits

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love it!

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsFirst off, Limited Brands is a great company (or L. Brands as they are now called). I love working with and feeling like I actually am helping people, its very rewarding to have someone tell you that something that you have done has literally changed their life... In my store, everyone i work with is so amazing, we have very little drama and its like working with your best friends. The connections you make with customers is also amazing. Bra shopping is a very personal experience and you feel that real connection and trust with our customers and most times they come back and ask to work with you again, I've even had a customer ask for my phone number so that she could text me and make sure i was working every time she planned to come shop with us.

ConsWell I'm part time so I dont get any benefits or anything but I've worked there for over a year and have yet to become full time, which I have expressed the desire to multiple times. So i feel like, at least in my store, its very hard to move up and grow with the company. I've been told that they would make me full time numerous times and again it has yet to happen... You also get some snooty clientele but i think that's almost everywhere. Sometimes communication between management isn't the best either. Changing your availability can also be difficult, I've known a number of people who have tired and it either got denied or they approved the change and started getting scheduled way less.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to have better communication between other SLT members and with the associates as well. I would also advise not making empty promises such as telling someone that they would be put into a full time spot and not fulfilling it...

Great Experience Working With People

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsVS has a fun, energetic atmosphere and it's a great place to start out. There are very many potential employee relationships that can turn into friendships - great for girls first jobs. Definitely sign up for the late night stock or sale preparation overtime hours. VS Pink is very fun to work in, but all of the other sales associates look down on you. If I were to do it again, I'd work in intimates from the beginning.

ConsIt gets a little boring when no ones shopping in the store, but you can keep yourself busy tidying up products. Breaks are only 15 minutes. It's hard to stand in line for food, bring it back to the store & eat it in 15 minutes in a busy mall.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

very rewarding and discounts.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN (US)

Proshours flexiblity, pay is above min.

ConsI have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management.

Cashier

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsMany amazing perks and incentives. There's usually 1-5 going on every month. The staff and management are very friendly and professional. The company is also very strict on making sure you get your lunches and breaks accordingly. Cashier Leads are always very helpful when in need of assistance. I would go back in a heart beat.

ConsClosing is a pain. During holiday season, it would sometimes take us up to four hours to leave. Folding those panty bars are a nightmare! They really need to hire a replenishing crew.

Geat place to work!

Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEach department focuses & gets the job done.

ConsPantry Too small to eat lunch.

Overall great company to work for.

Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsDiscount is generous. You will be given opportunity to move up quickly as long as you put your all into it.

ConsThe public. They can be really mean. And having to make sales plan in a certain amount of time puts a lot of pressure on you. And it is frustrating that we are allowed to take back so much used and damaged product.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates and elevated associates more.

Really enjoyed working at Victoria's Secret.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Geneva, IL (US)

ProsIt was a really great group of people to work with. Enjoyed going to work each day.

ConsPay could be a bit better. But I guess that's what you can expect from an entry-level, part-time job.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!