WMS Gaming

www.wms.com

WMS Gaming Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

David L. Kennedy

Pros
  • Great Benefits, Pay is comparable to industry standards(in 6 reviews)

• Had great benefits, very, very laid back work environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • senior management is doing its best to turn a fun place to work into a world of drudgery and uninteresting business-style development(in 4 reviews)

• Resources in game development are stretched very thin(in 3 reviews)

Good Work culture

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsOffice culture is like no comparison so good.
    For freshers good place to work

ConsI did not found anything.

WMS Gaming is the same Company as Scientific Games In Alpharetta, GA

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsThe work and responsibilities at this company can be very challenging due to Gaming and lottery Business. WMS a company located in Chicago was taken over by Scientific Games in late 2013

ConsNow the Scientific Games is advertising Network Engineer positions using a different name WMS Gaming inc. This WMS and Scientific Games are the same company. Many regulations due to state rules and underground undesirable business competition. Be careful here

The Network Design & Implementation has a very high turn over. No opportunity for Education or advancement. Some minority guys working in here still have the same title of Junior Engineers since they were hired many years ago. All original Management staff left and now Network Design & Implementation is being managed by other company staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate people working under a lot of stress and visiting dangerous locations local and international to set up lottery machines.

Good work environment and Salaries are Ok

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsVery Good work environment.
    Good supportive management

ConsSalaries are not up to the mark

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best of times yet worse of times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPersonal relationships in a carefree environment regarding company and shareholder success - people recruited into company more on safety of hire than on ability to replace management team

ConsPolitical culture that does not understand how to learn from mistakes - meetings to discuss and plan next meeting - too many cooks making the broth

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on shareholder needs than management rewards - communicate with a purpose in mind - recognize internal customers - realize that you're a software company and not a manufacturer

Employee Beware

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad great benefits, very, very laid back work environment.

ConsBad leadership and no real team. A lot of game playing, lying & back stabbing. Unless your willing to play the game you will go nowhere fast. Phony and fake.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake Up

Review of WMS Gaming

Senior Principal Manager (Current Employee) Waukegan, IL (US)

ProsClose by home good products engineering was solid

ConsUpper managers and VPs were clueless on issues too much politics, unearned promotion and retention of poor employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut away the politics and the need to have power and huge bonuses, let the people who know how to run their departments do it and support the managers.

Sr. Test Gaming G2S Engineer

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

Prostesting the DGM/EGM via G2S is awesome test engineering dutires. The QC test cases on hand are an exceptional QA tool and processes

Conssome personnel are to protective and are reluctant on providing you further detail knowledge for full integration of test coverages for the DGM/EGM

Advice to Senior Managementvoice concerns for senior personnel to work with others no matter what level of IT knowledge they bring to the teams

Work Place

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsCool place to work.
    People are good.
    Company works for the employee.
    Suggestions are always welcomed.
    Every one gets chance to speak.

ConsIts only 5 months that I have been here. As of now, haven't encountered anything negative. They are going good.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciable effort!!!

Good working environment.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe workload is reasonable. Rarely need to work weekends. Most colleagues are friendly and enthusiastic.

ConsThe work isn't always very interesting. One slot game is the same as the next. Find myself doing the same thing over and over.

I had a very good experience initially with this company but felt over time it became a more stressful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat working conditions in the Chicago office. Kind of reminds me of what a Google office would be like. Pool, Ping Pong, Gym, Rooftop deck etc. Some great people to work with.

ConsOvertime I felt they were putting a lot of pressure on employees to work more hours. Basically doing more with less. My feeling was employees were being asked too much and not being rewarded for this effort.

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!