Wachovia Reviews

Updated 24 October 2014
3.5

Wachovia Chairman and CEO John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Wachovia was very committed to work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Work/life balance, good benefits (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited cross group interaction at levels below senior management (in 31 reviews)

• Since the merger with Wells Fargo healthcare insurance is not the best (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

definately a good company to work for. people are nice, if you have a good manager who is willing to look after you, your career can surely look good.

Cons

however sometimes you may have a manager who is not that good in terms of look after you, then you should think twice before you take the job.

people manager is the key for the sucess of business. afterall the most valuable asset for a bank is people.

Excellent working teams

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

Great culture and satifying work

Cons

Poor visibility into long term strategy

I learned a lot about mortgage time frames and the over whelming state of the economy.

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Wachovia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well know it Wells Fargo but, it's one of the top banks in the country so, there are great benefits, pay and long lasting friendships.

Cons

I don't have any cons really about this company.

The only thing I would advise to management would be little understanding when family's have someone with a potential fatal illness.

good customer service excellent computer skills sales and a solution to the problem. Good advice.

I have been working at Wachovia

Pros

meeting people and helping find a solution to there banking needs, puting a smile on customers face. very competitive person. willing to work the othe individual.

Cons

geting to find how to increase new numbers each week set myself apart from the rest of the lersonal bankers

always willing to work harder than the other person an put in extra hours to see the numbers come in and the manager is happy. very timely person. out work the other person.

Great company

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

Great company to work of

Cons

Acquisition by first union changed the company

Unfortunately no longer in existence

VP, Manager of Sourcing

I worked at Wachovia

Pros

Work/life balance, good benefits. time-off policies

Cons

good old boy system, limited growth

Nice and knowledgeable co-workers.

Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Wachovia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provided good training. I worked in a busy branch so it was a fast-paced environment. I liked it because it was never boring and the day flew by.

Cons

Teller manager was not flexible with scheduling. It was a mission to schedule doctor appointments. Progressing in the company was not an easy thing to accomplish.

Provide more growth opportunities to current employees that want to better themselves.

Hard On Selling, but Generally a Nice Place to Work

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Wachovia part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, even for part-time work. GREAT teller training. Recognition for doing great. They put an emphasis on creating a good environment for customers, which I appreciated as a teller as it made my job pleasant.

Cons

Expectations varied from branch to branch (I worked at one where the entire team was general happy to be there because of the great management, clear expectations, and generally smooth running of things; the second branch I worked at was the complete opposite, which eventually led me to leave the company). A little too much emphasis on selling products sometimes--especially as Wells Fargo was taking over;

Popularity contest in Derivative Operations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Wachovia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Willing to pay for external talent...Charlotte is an excellent city to live in. Good place to work if learning and not interested in promotion or questioning policies/processes/procedures. Plenty of good people, unfortunately they are not in management.

Cons

Very difficult to promote/transfer internally for high level performers. High level will often be kept in their current position and not allowed chances to grow or change. Less talented employees who focus on popularity contests are more easily promoted and then re-shuffled when they fail. Ethics are not highly regarded and mgmt shows no interest in generating a positive work atmosphere. Highly ethical individuals might become uncomfortable over time.

Loved working here! (call center)

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service in Allentown, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service in Allentown, PA (US)

I worked at Wachovia part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Was great place to work when it was Wachovia! I will rate below based on Wachovia.

Cons

When they became Wells Fargo it took a turn for the worse. Everyone was unhappy employees and customers. The company stopped caring about the customer and only cared about the almighty dollar. Overworked, disrespected and unappreciated their employees. (sad)

Wachovia Photos

One Wachovia Tower, headquarter officer of Wachovia in Charlotte North Carolina. (Photo attributed to Kozo - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)
Sign - Very Nice Clean Branch