Walgreens Reviews

3,425 Reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson
Greg Wasson
1,827 Ratings

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be (in 207 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good (in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent (in 77 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management (in 122 reviews)

More Highlights

Team were great

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

Great state and federal relations managers

Cons

Lack of understanding of public policy issues,

Hire experts at CMS

Poorly run store

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

It was a very easy to obtain job. Other than that, there really are not any other positives.

Cons

The management at my store was horrendous. Everything was dirty. Money would go missing.

walgreens

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens for less than a year

Pros

good benefits, good co-workers, they hire friendly people, great place for social people.

Cons

low pay, sporadic schedule. work happiness depends on who your management is,

decrease the importance of suggustive selling and make it a more employee first company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmacy Technician

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Sarasota, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sarasota, FL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros

large company, lots of opportunity for full time positions. Good company values.dependability and hard work are appreciated.

Cons

staffing constraints. Equipment is old and in dire need of upgrading. still using windows XP., Other equipment is old and unreliable and is constantly breaking down. Too much emphasis on pleasing the stockholders.

rebuild computer infrastructure. staff up pharmacy to meed expanding business opportunities.

Good Starting point

Current Employee - ASMt  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - ASMt in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours are fair depending on what location you are working at. Depending on what location you work, your team can motivate you or unmotivate you. If you have a strong Store manager everything will be ok. Trainee program is real serious. A lot of room for promotion.

Cons

Un predictable hrs. Holidays not promised. Sometime you find yourself doing more work than employees

Communication is KEY!!!!

Disagree with changes and expectations Corporate is making and with the means they are using to accomplish them.

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Make great friends while working there! Good benefits and discounts.

Cons

Worked at Walgreens for almost 5 years. Seen many changes. I disagreed with current changes and expectations Corporate is making and with the means they are using to accomplish them.

- making me feel cynical, not valued, unrecognized, unappreciated, frustrated and demoralized; taking my enthusiasm and self-esteem
    - Feedback from store employees not considered or valued by Corp: no ongoing dialogue at corp level
    --More simplified and realistic expectations
    - Registers and other systems constantly crashed or are out dated.
    - Need more team members to keep up with customers. Most of the time, we had 1 cashier, 1 dept employee, 1 mgr, and 1 pharmacist. So I felt like I was running 5-6 departments on my own. Customers asked why cosmetics and photo dept don't have anyone there when they need help and why the manager is stuck in pharmacy for a hours at a time because they are understaffed.

Employees are quitting even those that have been with Walgreens for 10 or more years because they no longer believe in the direction the company is going. READ THE STORE BLOGS. Help employees not feel cynical, valued, unrecognized, unappreciated, and demoralized; and build more moral, enthusiasm and self-esteem by considering how the new changes are affecting employees. Consider and value feedback from store employees as much if not more than from customers.

Insightful changes for a better future

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Awesome group of peers. Pay for a store managers is respectable.

Cons

Too many directives and initiatives to try to be accomplished while striving to excel. The current bonus structure is disengaging.

Too much change going on at one time. There is technically no paid vacation for store managers. Pharmacists get their salaries in addition to vacation time, whereas store managers just get their salary.

Good people, fair comp & benefits; a shift in culture - it's not what it once was

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with - very supportive, smart and hard working. Good opportunites for growth and development.

Cons

I think the culture has changed over the last few years. There seems to be less focus on employees and making this company a great place to work.

Focus more on making sure you have the right people in key positions; good people are always the key to any successful organization. Always. Treat your employees with respect.

Position held for 15 years was terminated

Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT)  in  Gilbert, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager (MGT) in Gilbert, AZ (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interaction with customers and fellow team members was the best part of the job. If you're motivated, you can learn many things. Doing resets on departments, merchandising endstands and promotional displays.

Cons

Promotions are few and far between. Corporate office is streamlining the management tier, making it difficult to be promoted.

In streamlining management, many people were left with the decision to step down for a much lower wage or leave the company. I think this will prove to be a bad decision in the future of Walgreens.

Beauty Advisor

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor  in  Douglasville, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Douglasville, GA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

easy, pay is decent, good cultural beliefs

Cons

responsibilities are growing, but wages are staying the same, working holidays

promotions, raises

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!