Walmart

Walmart Reviews in Los Angeles, CA US

Updated Jul 04, 2014

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative(in 68 reviews)

• Lot of room for advancement up to the salary level, nice schedule for management(in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • With new schedule your Work/life balance is very poor with very little weekends off(in 119 reviews)

• Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available(in 302 reviews)

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not to bad, Great experience

Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) Lancaster, CA (US)

ProsThe job was very flexible, you learn alot of new things and how the retail world works. I wouldnt say its a career opportunity there but its definitely great experience to put down on the resume.

ConsCustomers were sometimes rude....but then again alot of employees were negative about the job so you just really have to stay positive yourself so that negative aura doesnt affect you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were some great ones but for the not so great ones...be more sociable with your employees and have some respect and they will treat you well.

Review

Cashier (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

ProsI got an interview in 2-3 days of applying. I only had one interview and got hired on the spot.

ConsBeing a cashier can be challenging when the store gets busy. You're also expected to maintain a friendly demeanor.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put the starting of the next shift of an employee within 12 hours of their previous one.

it depends

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) San Dimas, CA (US)

Prosgot lucky and had an awesome supervisor who was supportive yet had a hands off style of management

Conshad long hours and short breaks

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I would have liked it better if I would have gotten hours. Time goes by quick because you are constantly busy.

Cashier (Current Employee) Lancaster, CA (US)

ProsQuick part time. Isn't stress full. If you are slow, don't work here.

Consnot enough hours. dependent on how fast you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had no problems with Management

A Waste of my time

Zone Manager (Former Employee) West Hills, CA (US)

ProsGreat Associates who just want to provide for their families, customer focused with hopes of being recognized and promoted by the upper management team.

ConsYou are showered with the notion that the associates get quarterly bonuses for their hard work. I worked 3 yrs. and received 1 bonus. We were always told that all other expenses whether it be store accidents, equipment repairs come before the associates. If you speak up, you are looked at as a trouble maker. Management rather sit in the office than interact w/ customers & associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementSam Walton harnessed that associate/customer service/family friendly atmosphere. Where did it go?

Can you have a career at Wal-mart

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsYou can move around and learn different things with out having to change Companies. all kind of shift to fit your life style. 10 Precent discount on merchandise.

ConsTop heavy management that all have different views of how the store should be run. Their direction is always changing depending on who's in charge. They don't follow the basic belief of respect for the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if you really follow the belief 's this company was founded on. Train trust follow up retrain if nessary.

A joke

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Glendora, CA (US)

ProsGet to see weird people

ConsManagement is terrrible terrible terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth

Unprofessional, short staffed and hectic

Walmart (Current Employee) Lakewood, CA (US)

ProsIts a very laid back environment.

ConsHorrible customers, working too many departments

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees and fix scheduling

Sales Associate since October 2013

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

ProsWe just were part of opening a new store. It was so fun to set it up and then see it bring in a community of happy people who are truly glad we are there. I enjoy the customers and my co-workers are so much fun.

ConsSo far, there is nothing negative to report.

Great Company

Money Center Associate (Former Employee) Torrance, CA (US)

ProsThe company was a great place to work. The benefits were super awesome, and the environment was high pace.

ConsI felt like they only offered management positions to their relatives and not to people who actually deserve the position. I sometime felt like their was alot of favoritism towards hispanics when it came to handing out promotions. I felt like I had to beg to get fulltime while others had it handed to them on a silver platter.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!