Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches (in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department (in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun but old and slow.

QA Game Tester (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat perks.
    Health, dental, an awesome pension scheme and little bonuses like free Disneyland entry and super cheap cruises.

ConsIf you don't work in America, in the mothership, it feels like you're a second class citizen.
    There was lots of posturing regarding career development but my career did not progress at all in 18 months. I actually count myself lucky that I was made redundant and forced to progress my career elsewhere. A dangerously comfortable place to work.

There really is magic

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Hammersmith, England

ProsGreat company to work for, all the perks of working for an international company, the option to move around internally. There is constant change but they are the best at what they do.

ConsNone really, I suppose it depends on who you work for but generally most people seem to have been in the organisation a few years

Disney Magic for some...but not for all.

Legal (Former Employee) London, England

ProsA good ethos, good benefits such as premieres, screenings, Disney passes and discounts

ConsNo internal room for manouvre, lack of support and opportunities. The company is doing well financially but has not rewarded pay rises and does not hold a Christmas party an longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some appreciation in the staff thatdo work hard and want to show inititative but are often pushed aside.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

work hard, play hard!

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat colleagues
    Good benefits
    Feel like you're part of the brand

ConsSlow promotion considering how hard you're worked
    Long hours
    Average pay

Advice to Senior ManagementRelate pay to hours worked.

Start as an intern and work the ladder

Creative (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat ways to move up in the company. All you need to do is find new ways of showing you add value to the company in creative ways.

ConsOthers also wants to move up, and might create a bit of tensions between two competitors that are aiming for the same position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it fun and people will work hard. I found it a great place to work because it was light and fun, as long as everyone was working hard. If someone was lagging behind it was dealt with on the side in a pleasant way.

Great Company but very hard work required

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsAtmosphere
    Great products
    Multicultural
    International
    Salary
    Benefits
    Preview of the movies

ConsStress
    Pressure
    Long Hours
    Teams with less people than required

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in HR
    Increase the number of employees
    Increase the number of people in the teams
    Increase the number of Permanent contract instead of temporary
    Create a Job gate on the Company Website

the Disney store - Office - Ok place to work

Allocator (Former Employee) London, England

Prosnice product
    friendly staff - did not experience much office politics
    looks great on CV and has the wow factor
    Pay is average in comparision to Merchandising/Buying Market

Conscan be very slow at at times except for christmas when sales shoot through the roof
    IT systems are basic
    for Merchandising/Buying the experience is not as strong as Fashion companies
    Stock Range is only bought 5 times a year instead of Weekly
    Poor communication from management

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication. Jobs need to have larger specs because many employees would be finished by 1pm and just looking at the Internet due to lack of work.

It was definitely an entertaining and rewarding experience

Bell Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

ProsUpbeat people. Fun atmosphere. Benefits are nice.

ConsStressful. Many guests feel entitled to free things because of the cost of their vacations.

A company you want to stay at least 3 years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsMany development opportunities, lots of things happen every day, you will meet different people, different culture, and challenges.

ConsSometime it is really stressful because you have so many tasks to do/go at same time

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open talks

Love Your Job and Act Like It

Custodial Cast Member (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

ProsThis is a company that has amazing opportunities for growth in any area you want to pursue as long as you work at it. You must love what you do and work extremely hard, sometimes harder than it seems you should especially in the beginning, but it will be so worth it. This is a company that knows how to take care of employees. And if you are an employee that is passionate about your job, no matter what the title, you will have a job for life and grow in any aspect of this company you are interested in. You just have to have the drive. Don't get me wrong: it is extremely competitive and tough, but if you love it, it will be worth it.

ConsHours can be rough, especially if transportation is a problem for you. This is a company that is notorious for its strict adherence to rules and traditions, but it is only a con for the most part if you simply can't work in a fast paced environment. There are some issues with regulations that are economically, monetarily and time wise for the company, not sound, but if you do your job, then it isn't your issue to fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is such an amazing work culture at Disney that it is a shame that there is inflexibility in smaller managerial or operational issues, such as custodial methods, that are not allowed input from the cast members doing that specific job. There is great open communication between cast members and management, but there is no outlet for any further discussion or possible needed change to actually take place. This is my only criticism. All in all, my job at Disney is my favorite job and was blessed to work for such an amazing company.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!