WebiMax

Updated Jul 21, 2014

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsAs project manager you do learn many different things and develop your skillset. You can strengthen your ability speaking with clients in person and on the phone, managing clients (expectations, deadlines, etc.), develop online marketing strategy and skills further, manage time efficiently, work on the small to-do's while keeping an eye on the big picture, work to deadlines. Time off is very generous and the work environment is fun, and supportive if you put in the time and effort and you show care for your clients to your colleagues and management. This is noticed. Contrary to what some reviewers say, management works hard to push the company forward and will meet you half way of you put in the effort. You are encouraged to work independently but the support network is there. Staff is quality, there are quality people that you want to work beside and you can develop solid relationships as a result.

ConsThe flow of information can improve regarding announcements and developments. The office space is older without much atmosphere, but that does not negatively impact the core experience. Pay for some positions can be neutral, but these are entry positions and as you develop, your salary grows along with your role and responsibilities.

Horrible

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsYou make friends because you all go through the same thing together

ConsI don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementKen, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

A good start

ProsI credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

ConsIt appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

Mar 11, 2014

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsAs the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

ConsWhile it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

Feb 25, 2014

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high
    ... More

A great place to move up the ladder.

SEO Content Writer (Current Employee)

ProsI've been with WebiMax for a few years now and they provide every opportunity for people to move up the ladder. The more you put in, the more you get out of your experience.

ConsI guess pay could be a bit better.

Mar 12, 2014

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty. We’re happy to hear that you appreciate the opportunities to
    ... More

Great workers, poor management, no pathway to advancement all leads to sky-high turnover

SEO Content Writer (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsThe people who work for this company are loyal and they really care about making the company better.

ConsThese loyal employees are not supported by management. In fact, the management wanders around the office looking to catch people slipping up and micromanage their teams until all creativity is stamped out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people who care and pay them when they deserve it. And get a sales team that can sell without promising things the company can't deliver.

Feb 21, 2014

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that our employees are loyal and care about making the company better. We’ve always said our
    ... More

Opportunity of a lifetime. Jump start to further your career.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people. Team environment and yes the upper management actually are competent. They promote from within and allow for you to learn new skills to better your position. Work hard and you are rewarded.

ConsSalary employees sometimes feel like hourly employees. The time tracking doesn't take into account working remotely.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe salary employees work remotely a lot which can not be 'clocked in'. Clocking in and out for the day or for a lunch break is not something a salary employee usually has to do. I advise management to change this practice.

Mar 07, 2014

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. Processes such as time tracking are crucial for any agency and provide metrics we rely on to effectively

Great Atmosphere

ProsThere is a great environment here. There is a lot of room to advance with a lot of room to learn new things within the industry. Getting time off is not hard and they are very understanding of PTO. There is very little pressure when it comes to getting things done. They have new wood desks for everyone which makes the office look cool. There is even an arcade game in the kitchen. Vending machines with drinks, snacks or frozen food is available along with a vending machine for drinks. They provide free coffee as well.

ConsThere seems to be a constant fear of lay-off and people seem to fear upper management. There has been broken promises and the pay is at an extreme minimum. At times, it seems like upper management roams around wanting to find some one slip-up when they could instead be busy getting important work done. Once was a newsletter which was great to learn about company updates, but that is now gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay can be better, most people are barely getting by.

Mar 05, 2014

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Great news – the Newsletter is officially back! We heard buzz around the office that our employees miss it so we have decided to resurrect it in 2014.

We’re happy

Fast Growing Company With A Team Mentality

Inbound Marketer (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsFun work environment allows for creativity and comradery. Organic company growth. Plenty chances for advancement. A willingness to teach those interested in the industry. Numerous training and certification opportunities. Causal Dress. Flexible hours. Constantly rewarded for hard work. Ideas are openly shared and communicated throughout the company as a whole. Weekly news letter keeps everyone up to date with current events in company. Numerous charity events. Strong cooperate culture. Up-to-date on the latest industry trends. Ability to work from home. Overall a great company to be apart of.

ConsTraffic in the surrounding area can get a little congested in the morning and afternoon. Time tracking can be confusing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

Mar 03, 2014

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Rt. 73 can be a bit congested in the morning, try a different route! :)

We work hard to make WebiMax a great place to work where people can be creative and

Great Environment to Expand your Knowledge

Inbound Marketer (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

ProsFriendly and relaxed work environment. Easy to have conversations about the nuances of SEO and really learn about the industry. You gain a lot by putting in effort. Many knowledge co-workers who are very willing to share what they know

ConsCommunication between the departments can be difficult at times. Located in a high traffic area that can be difficult to get to during peak hours.

Advice to Senior Managementhelp to better bridge the communication gap between different departments

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!