Wendy's

Wendy's Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick

Emil Brolick

Pros
  • Overall, good first job to hold(in 13 reviews)

• Good starter job for teens to learn basic customer service skills in a fast paced environment(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with(in 32 reviews)

• Long hours, smelly clothes, no room for advancement working for a Franchisee(in 30 reviews)

Excellent place of employment

Cashier/Crew (Former Employee) Eufaula, AL (US)

ProsThe best reasons for working at Wendy's was the ability of the crew working together to get the job done. We had the best managers ever.

Consyou always received the proper training before being left alone to do your job

Advice to Senior ManagementIn every business there is room for improvement. From past experiences I think the management team at Wendys 505 in Eufaula "ROCKS"

It was okay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuality food is always being served at this particular fast food restaurant, the pay is pretty much equal to what you'll get at similar jobs, and the hours aren't bad.

ConsThe politics involved in moving up make it difficult to want a promotion and depending on your management, it can be a pretty rough experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to value your employees - It hurts when someone thinks of you as less than them simply because of a salary difference.

Cashier

Fast Food Cashier (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI (US)

ProsCo workers and managers were very helpful. It was my first job and it was a good place to get a work experience

ConsIt is open until 1 am and closing takes about an hour. Not a good place if you don't drive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very stressful environment.

Fast Food Cashie (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsFriendly coworkers but that's pretty much it.

ConsAll management is completely horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your lazy butt and actually help during peak periods.

It was an okay expirience

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsThe pros to working at Wendy's is that it's not a hard job.

ConsThe cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

For a fast food job they are an okay company.

Fast Food Cashier (Former Employee) Appomattox, VA (US)

ProsThey do give raises to employees based on performance. They do try to make it a worthwhile job.

ConsIt is fast food so the pay isn't really enough to live off of and no benefits unless you are full time management.

Friendly service with a smile.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Monticello, IN (US)

ProsMost of the staff is really great and fun to work with, including most of management. Everyone seems to enjoy working there most of the time.

ConsIt is hard to get 30 to 40 hours there because they want people to be part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a computer screen for the fry station, it is hard for the fry person to hear every order from three areas! And get better ventilation for the fry area....it is always smoky.

Great experience

General Manager (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsCompetitive salary, fast paced, good product, always new and inventive products

ConsRegular qsr issues, long hours, finding quality employees. Work for a franchisee so some issues with willingness to spend money, I.e some vendors on hold, maintenance issues. Not a lot of room for advancement on the franchise side, depending on the size of the franchise

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease avg wage for crew members

one of the most responsible fast food chains ive ever worked at.

Crew(Manager In Training) (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

Prosthe crew i work with is excellent. the managers do their jobs, and so does the crew. hours are great, raises/reviews every 6 months. i make 9.20 and ive been here for a month and a half. minimum wage right now in arizona is 7.90 (07/17/2014). uniforms are classy and comfortable, customers aren't rude, great environment to work in. we take pride in our work, everyone does. its our responsibility. promotions are handed out like candy depending on how well you work. you can rise to a direct manager/general manager within 2 years.

Conshard to ask for breaks, drama here and there, gm stresses out a lot.

fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfamily time, good salary and growth potential

ConsUsually understaffed. Makes you have to do many jobs at one time

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!