Wendy's

Wendy's Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick

Emil Brolick

Pros
  • Good first job and had a family environment (in 14 reviews)

• Good starter job for teens to learn basic customer service skills in a fast paced environment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 32 reviews)

• The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

I loved working there.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Poplar Bluff, MO (US)

ProsGreat management. I loved the people I worked for.

ConsNot many hours at all. 13 a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing great.

I absolutely love my job.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Cranston, RI (US)

ProsAwesome managers, working an average of 20-30 hours a week part time, awesome coworkers, 50% employee discount, easy to work your way up the management chain.

ConsWorking with the public can be really irritating. They can be rude, ignorant, and just plain mean. I've had people scream in my face because their sandwich had lettuce on it when they didn't want lettuce..

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is just an awesome company, I love it.

Great place to work through school

Crew Member (Former Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsFlexible schedule. Chances to move into management.

ConsNo highly paid but of course its fast food.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was pretty happy with management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place of employment

Cashier/Crew (Former Employee) Eufaula, AL (US)

ProsThe best reasons for working at Wendy's was the ability of the crew working together to get the job done. We had the best managers ever.

Consyou always received the proper training before being left alone to do your job

Advice to Senior ManagementIn every business there is room for improvement. From past experiences I think the management team at Wendys 505 in Eufaula "ROCKS"

Cashier

Fast Food Cashier (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI (US)

ProsCo workers and managers were very helpful. It was my first job and it was a good place to get a work experience

ConsIt is open until 1 am and closing takes about an hour. Not a good place if you don't drive

Very stressful environment.

Fast Food Cashie (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsFriendly coworkers but that's pretty much it.

ConsAll management is completely horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your lazy butt and actually help during peak periods.

It was okay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuality food is always being served at this particular fast food restaurant, the pay is pretty much equal to what you'll get at similar jobs, and the hours aren't bad.

ConsThe politics involved in moving up make it difficult to want a promotion and depending on your management, it can be a pretty rough experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to value your employees - It hurts when someone thinks of you as less than them simply because of a salary difference.

Friendly service with a smile.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Monticello, IN (US)

ProsMost of the staff is really great and fun to work with, including most of management. Everyone seems to enjoy working there most of the time.

ConsIt is hard to get 30 to 40 hours there because they want people to be part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a computer screen for the fry station, it is hard for the fry person to hear every order from three areas! And get better ventilation for the fry area....it is always smoky.

Great experience

General Manager (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsCompetitive salary, fast paced, good product, always new and inventive products

ConsRegular qsr issues, long hours, finding quality employees. Work for a franchisee so some issues with willingness to spend money, I.e some vendors on hold, maintenance issues. Not a lot of room for advancement on the franchise side, depending on the size of the franchise

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease avg wage for crew members

It was an okay expirience

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsThe pros to working at Wendy's is that it's not a hard job.

ConsThe cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!