Whitbread Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014

Whitbread Chief Executive Officer Andy Harrison
Andy Harrison

Great friendly company

I have been working at Whitbread

Pros

The company is very friendly

Cons

Location isn't very exciting/difficult to get to without a car

Satisfactory, but no special treatment.

Former Employee - Barman  in  Kettering, England
    Former Employee - Barman in Kettering, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got time off when needed - sometimes at short notice (due to nature of industry), often a good team atmosphere.

Cons

Often long working hours. A great deal of staff rotation. Basic/minimum wage. Some items of machinery/tills constantly needed fixing, and often didn't get replaced when they really should've been.

Perhaps more staff incentives/bonuses would decrease the staff turnover, and also boost morale. This would almost certainly increase customer satisfaction, and therefore generate more repeat business from clientele.

Progressive Company that reshaped its assets

I worked at Whitbread full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Forward thinking and ahead of the game

Cons

looked into systems that are often not polished

Stay Focused and think of operations

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good company with many opportunities

Current Employee - Deputy General Manager  in  Cambridge, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Deputy General Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Whitbread full-time for more than a year

Pros

great approach to customers and staff, good discounts and benefits, opportunities to move across the country with the company. great ideas and new systems put in place to improve service.

Cons

very high pressure to deliver targets with too short time scales. too many discounts and offers sent to customers, never enough budget for repairs and maintenance, working with broken equipment is the standard, focus on people seams to be fading as focus on profit rises. too old systems like micros that needs updating as soon as possible but company is not willing to invest money in to it. Stop giving out free money to customers because they complained as seams that customers are finding any stupid reason just to get free money out of the company. stop looking at trip adviser as this is genuine complaint website. people in general like to complaint just to get free money and with whitbread restaurants seams to be a pattern "lets go to brewers fayre or beefeater, as we will get free food

start investing in right systems and actually speak to lover management to see whats needed in sites rather than listening to F&B team and people that worked in restaurant years ago, be more realistic bout the targets and give the time for mangers to complete the tasks as too much to do in the office but never enough time or hours to achieve what asked for

Hard work but fun people to work with.

Current Employee - Waiter  in  Rainham, London, England
    Current Employee - Waiter in Rainham, London, England

I have been working at Whitbread part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the people i work with, and seeing regular customers every weekend.

Cons

Their is no communication between kitchen and FOH, and I clean areas that become messy the next day.

Their needs to be a better understanding of what is required to work in kitchen and FOH, so that communication is stronger. The whole building needs to be kept clean at all times, and every weekend I work, i try and do a deep clean of as much of the building as I can, but I come in the next weekend to see that no one has respected it and have made it messy again.

A company with full of opportunities........

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Heathrow, England
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Heathrow, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company with friendly working environment.....great opportunities for progression in short span.....timely training for staffs of all levels......great hierarchy system means more opportunities.....the best I like is the INCENTIVE after hitting targets every periods.

Cons

Even though audits are for good and is a must.....some times create pressure on all levels for a quite long period till audit actually happens. Also a department is being judged for the rest of the year just based on the audit of one day...which can be good or bad based on the mood of the employer that faces the auditor....

The management right from the cluster manager to site manager is good .....the one- to -ones at individual sites need to be made more effective for the overall goodness of the site .....keep doing good....All the Best.

disgustingly treated, favouritism, bully for a manager and unprofessional at all times.

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Doncaster, England
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Whitbread part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The guests and feedback they send are so personal and touching. you really get to know guests and making them happy makes me happy.

Cons

underpaid, under staffed, over worked, long hours, no breaks, bullying and harassment, discrimination and lots lots more.

advice to the managers manager, train staff better.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Falkirk, Scotland
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Falkirk, Scotland

I have been working at Whitbread part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Incentives are good and flexible with hours

Cons

Not always trained in a good way

Treat people a little more like humans

Stupid management

I worked at Whitbread

Pros

I done everything for everyone

Cons

When voicing my opinion, I was told I was wrong, even though the so called manager didn't know

Get some knowledge

Has more cons than pros

Former Employee - Bar Staff  in  Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Bar Staff in Manchester, England

I worked at Whitbread full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job was very social and friendly (with customers) it had a lot of potential to move up

Cons

Management let personal issues come before work related issues, lack of social life and favouritism when it comes to holidays. Hard to fit in

You should choose your favourite employee to have time off, you should let people have more of a social life and let people settle in without it being a clique. Don't get personal when it comes to work matters.

Worked for Whitbread? Contribute to the Community!