Wingspan Portfolio

Updated 11 February 2015
Updated 11 February 2015
2.2

Steven Horne

Pros
  • My fellow co-workers, Wingspan has tremendous amount good people working for them (in 4 reviews)

• Great company to network and meet great people most of the employe are good people and hard workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the upper management team at DSCR were fairly incompetent (in 7 reviews)

• Use unethical tactics to threaten employees job security (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Was put out of my misery.

Former Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Melbourne, FL (US)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was great but that was already set from previous employer (now client) whom employment was sold from.
    Great people to work with. Everyone looked out for each other and continues to do so after our employment has ended.

Cons

Having to make up holiday hours client approved off but employer didn't want to lose income.
    No opportunity for growth. A person leaves a position, that position is dissolved.
    Questionable fraternizing among upper management.
    Was with client for over one year, saw a raise and a bonus. With employer for almost twice as long and no bonus and pay raise was never an option.
    No trust in upper management. Was told jobs would be safe for another 18 months only to be told a few short months later that we were being furloughed and previous statement was a "technology contract" for us to use client computers only.
    Executives only sending a letter on last day of employment. Letter stated hoping to bring back 67% of employees within 6 months at "like pay" Offered position 2 months later for significantly less pay and later told those employees, who accepted the reduced pay, their services would not be needed.
    Inability to communicate with client.
    HR not available to employees.

Start thinking about how you can help improve your employees. If you have employees who are not sure about their future or their employer, you're not going to get the elite level of work you expected.

Wingspan

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

It's fun training is great, pay is okay they have a free gym

Cons

They are a 3rd party servicer so all their work comes from somewhere else so they could lose their work they lay off quite a bit

Create your own work

Disorganized, weak management, poor training, left hand didn't communicate with right hand type of management.

Former Employee - DSCR Advocate in Frisco, TX (US)
    Former Employee - DSCR Advocate in Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Wingspan were the people on the production floor. If you were lucky to make friends you would rely on each other to figure things out.

Cons

Team Leads were not held accountable. Office culture was bearable.

Hire people who are familiar with the industry. Place people with knowledge in leadership positions.

Very poor experience

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Company maintains a relaxed work environment

Cons

- Poor management style
    - Poor mentorship or training
    - Benefits are ok, but could be better
    - Poor financial decisions made by the higher-ups
    - Human resources and benefits departments are not the best at communicating or responding to issues

Try to keep employees who are professional, invested, experienced and care about not only their jobs, but also your clients and others within the company.

Very disorganized.

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

Able to keep pay grade from previous employer.

Cons

This is a vendor company. Communication is poor between this company and those businesses it contracts through. Growth is stunted, and people lose job opportunities.

Thoroughly research before sending mass communications. Develop your HR personnel. Solicit site leaders with greater managerial experience.

beware of potentially shady business practices

Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They kept our salary the same after buying us from Chase Bank.

Cons

Kept promising opportunity and growth which never happened, were not allowed to apply for other positions within the company due to having to keep the number of positions the same per their contract with Chase Bank (in other words just a number not actually a person who matters)

Be more mindful of what contracts you enter into with other companies and think about your employees not just getting your name in the media for hiring a bunch of people that you will just let go of in a year.

Fiasco

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio

Pros

Good pay.
    When it was good, it was good.

Cons

Too many chiefs....everyone has a big title
    Grew at an ridiculous rate. Irresponsible management. Caused collapse of company and massive layoff of its workforce.

Stop the nepotism and hiring your good buddy.
    Be responsible with spending and growth decisions.
    Cut some of the layers of management.

Good company, but too many changes in personnel to recommend

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great group of associates and direct management

Cons

Continual realignment over the past year

Please calm down and focus on the business, and your employees will get the job done. Communicate changes and challenges internally more quickly - people will make up something if they are not given the facts. We all know the real estate industry is volatile at times, but we can't be team players if the long range goals aren't shared with us.

CAS

Former Employee - CAS in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Former Employee - CAS in Melbourne, FL (US)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are NO pro's, there is nothing, NOTHING good about this company..They will use you, their managers will abuse you (verbally) and then they will "furlough" you and give you false hope that you are important and will be called back..DON'T FALL FOR IT! Trust all these reviews...

Cons

Way too much to list, horrible company, and again, they will use you until the job is done, then herd you out of their leased building like a bunch of cattle..( I am not joking)
    Disgusting..Biggest mistake Chase ever did was sell off their valuable employees to this scam company.

You will get what is coming for your corrupt actions and lies, and I hope you remember each and every face you LIED too when you close your eyes at night. Karma is coming for you all.