Wingspan Portfolio

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven Horne

Not the worst, but far from the best

Inline Quality Review (Former Employee)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time for more than a year

ProsWe were allowed to obtain a wide variety of mortgage knowledge. Decent compensation. Consistent overtime was a plus

ConsToo many people only there to collect a paycheck and had no interest in bettering themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to make the tough decisions. The business wouldn't be circling the drain if you were willing to remove the incompetent people and insert the people that know their stuff and care about the company

Excellent company with potential.

Director of Professional Services (Former Employee)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat growth opportunities, new business is always on the horizon

ConsCan be difficult at times as a vendor to time new projects with projects which have come to an end.

Great concept, terrible management and execution

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time for more than a year

ProsOn job training for most job titles and a great chance to gain mortgage experience

ConsTime-off policies, promotions, and overall well-being of all employees dependent on who you are dealing with in upper management and for the most part based on personal relationships. Not many opportunities for advancement outside of management. Good business model but lacking in a proper or professional format.

wingspan

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio

ProsGreat Company for advacement,and growth

Consit was contracted not perm

Big dreams and the best intentions, but lack of true corporate transition

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time

ProsWith significant and rapid growth, 80% of revenue was put in the right place. HR, Training, secure IT, etc. In addition the culture for those outside of management is very supportive and promotes a positive and friendly environment.

ConsThe concept of marketing, advertising, or true business development is significantly lacking. Extreme growth created extreme ego's driving current and continued lack of company growth. Currently a frantic scramble for top and bottom line numbers are creating a more hostile and reactive environment overall. In addition, the head of the snake drives the body. Unfortunately there is no true head therefore the body has been either immobile, or moving in several directions simultaneously creating continued friction among senior management and loss of market share.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk 10 entrepreneurs and 9.5 will tell you, don't bring friends and family into an organization. The continued failure to understand this dynamic as well as that the industry overall is very different than in 2008 will be detrimental to long term success.

Overall was a pretty good company to work for, co-workers were easy to get along with.

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time for more than a year

ProsPay was good, was competitive compared to other companies. Very understanding of time off needed to take care of personal responsibilities.

ConsHealthcare benefits were extremely pricey for a family and the company only worked off contracts that could end in 3 months or less.

Advice to Senior ManagementMicro Managing is not a good thing for employees and to get more contracts than from a couple of banks. Don't be dishonest to employees about layoffs.

Was not too comforting

Underwriter (Former Employee)

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time for more than a year

ProsOpen to change for growing ideas

ConsDon't expect to build a long career. Turnover rate is extremely high

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow the background of your senior management personnel

Growing company with challenges

ProsGreat people work here
Great stated culture and desire
Vision to help people stay in their homes
Change is a constant factor (which can be good or bad)
You can find a home any place in the mortgage industry.

ConsThe company doesn't always live up to their values, but I believe they have the desire to do so.
Change happens so quickly based on contracts that they can hire 200 people one month and let 250 people go 3 months later.
Upper management doesn't reflect the best of leadership. They are driven too much by big bank methods or nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan better. You are responsible for the lives of others. You have a good vision. Don't get distracted.

Nice Place to work, not a career.

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time

ProsGood people, good salary, great location.

ConsUpper management has no idea what it's doing

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring and listening to your friends and really look at what's going on!

So far pretty good, young company with good outlook.

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work envoirnment, great co workers. Pretty laid back work envoironment. Current manager is really good have been with him since starting here.

ConsLimited movement through company unless you are a social person and not task oriented. Benefits are rather expensive, could be due to having limited employee totals.

Worked for Wingspan Portfolio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wingspan Portfolio reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Wingspan Portfolio CEO Steven Horne. All 23 reviews are posted anonymously by Wingspan Portfolio employees.