Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

Fast growing company with focus on employee

ProsThere is a great sense of ownership of the services each team provides and with the company growing at a fast pace, there are lot of opportunities for grow into roles which you are looking for.

ConsAs the company is still not know as much as it should be outside US, it is relatively new in Europe and still has to find a name to be amongst the best employer

Love it

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

Prosgreat place to work and growth

Consnot really, still a growing company learning how to manage the increasing number of clients and workers

Very political company - if you're connected, great. If not....good luck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and huge market momentum. Very strong position in the market and working on converting from legacy systems.

ConsExtremely political leadership that takes care of the inside crew and doesn't care about the rest. The top makes all the money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThe Generation Workday program does a good job of bringing in top talent and grooming them to be the future faces of the company. For what I do at the company, I found the pay to be great, coming out of school. The company is growing, so they are adding benefits all the time. Nice free gym membership.

ConsIn certain roles, you can be stretched thin a times. Workday emphasizes fun and friendship as being important to the overall culture, but It can be more attainable to some than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees and paving the way for great enterprise SaaS!

On and OFF place to work. No empowerment to senior employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCulture is ok but needs improvement

ConsNew management, hire comes in and ruins morale...you are never valued and always replaceable. That is the mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees that have been around. They know what's best for the company not some new hot shot executive. Action on submitted complaints.

Fun place to work, great employees, great technology

Associate Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWorking here is a great time. Lots of company parties, team outings, great culture and work-life balance.

ConsNot very competitive with pay, raises, RSU's, or bonuses. I've been here 2 years and I just received my first raise. It would have been a good first year raise, but after 2 years I was expecting much more. They also only give raises/promotions twice a year during performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better compensation

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Definitely a solid place to work.

Associate Software Intern (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsGREAT people, GREAT work environment, very laid back and relax culture.

The people here are very supportive and are always willing to help. They're genuinely happy and don't mind coming in to work, but at the same time, they don't get overworked to the point where they have to come in on weekends all the time. I came in on weekends pretty often because as an intern with no car, I had nothing better to do and the building was virtually empty. This is in stark contrast with companies like Facebook where people are always working.

ConsLimited snack closet and break room snacks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't speak for the managers overall, but the ones I had were very supportive and helpful.

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!