Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Great company great growth

Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsManagement is very transparent. A lot of highly visible opportunities.

ConsSalary isn't as high as partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees to keep them happy and consider raises for the deserving.

Best place to work!!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsI could gush about how much I love working at Workday, but the simple fact is I will look back (in 30 years) at my time and say it was the single best work experience of my life!

ConsDo I really need one?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Director Southeast

Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsSuperior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

ConsIn constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best place to work, ever

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsStarted paying super competitively as of November 2013 due to the IPO.
    Management cares about you, and the work place is friendly.
    It has an upbeat college atmosphere where you're expected to be extremely social.

ConsSome people spend all their time here. But that may be simply because they like it, not because they have to.
    People are often loud, joking, and jolly, which is mostly a pro but sometimes is distracting from work. You'll need some noise cancelling headphones if you want to concentrate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp new hires understand what is expected of them.

Great Company with a Culture to Match

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsTraining here is long but very helpful to get you situated, flexibility in schedule, smart and amazing people to work with and everyone you see is excited to be at work.

ConsFor App Developers you need to keep other programming languages in your back pocket because you won't get to practice them here

Innovative, Fun, Inspiring place to work

Software Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsYou know what you are working will have a large contribution to the company and to the overall benefit of our customers. With the new continuous development model we see our impact in as little as 2 weeks from when we developed it.

ConsThe company is growing so quickly and we are constantly trying to make our products better so sometimes the technology might change faster than we know how to adapt to it.

Fast paced, innovation filled, collaborative environment

Professional Services (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsWorkday has been on a growth trajectory but has not changed in its basic outlook towards employees and customers. It's a fun place to work, where you get opportunities to work on exciting new projects. Work life balance is great - there may be some ups and downs in terms of work load, but overall a good balance is maintained. Management is very supportive and encourages innovative thinking. Decisions are made fast and emphasis is on trying, starting small and getting things done.

ConsCan't think of any.

It is a very fun enviornment.

ProsManager really cares about the employee.

ConsI have not experienced any negatives.

Excellent Employer

Senior Engagement Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWorkday has innovative technology, highly intelligent and motivated co-workers and offers you the ability to manage your work arrangement for flexibility and balance. We work hard and achieve excellent results.

ConsWorkday is still a young company and suffers from immature corporate processes. For those who work outside of the Pleasanton corporate offices, communication can be blurred and opportunities are not as clear. In addition, unclear career paths seem to be the norm.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!