Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Workday Co-CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great people and a really great company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awesome Rollercoaster!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsBest technology; great people who are in it for the ride, not the cash; huge growth; focus on customer happiness (not screwing them for short term profits); a joined-up and exciting narrative; very honest about flaws and getting better at solving them. Positive, enthusiastic, professional staff - walk the floor: everyone is friendly and you won't know who the VP's as everyone is so friendly - no ivory towers here!

ConsNot as aggressive as competition; growing pains can leave gaps in the organisation and its processes can be clumsy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff informed, continue engaging with as many people internally as you can - the informal 'brown bag' sessions are great to get the big picture.

Extremely poor European Management in the past

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsDynamic fast paced company. Great technology and superior delivery. Talented sales individuals.

ConsThe European management has been a joke in the past. Previous head of EMEA and current CIO EMEA was/is a clown who network well upwards but are not well regarded by their peers locally. Brought in a blame/distrustful culture. Long standing employees who had served the company well but who did not "suck up " to these managers did not fare well. The head of EMEA referred to has left to be part of AsiaPac so hopefully improvements will follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the facility for anonymous reviews of management. You may learn a great deal.

Great leadership, game changing technology and fun to work

London, England

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsTechnology, Leadership, Growth, Products, People, Benefits, WFH,

ConsGrowth brings unique challenges: Politics, Execution of Strategy, Competition catching up, Copycat players in emerging markets

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and leadership direction

Good company, poor European management.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsExcellent market leading product.
Collaborative environment.
Very satisfied customers.

ConsVery few people in Europe meet their targets.
Unsupportive management.
European management team lack autonomy
Cliquey environment - most people have an Peoplesoft/Oracle/SAP connection.
Creative thinking is discouraged, except amongst the 'inner circle.'
The company is referred to internally as 'Workday and night' for good reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not over recruit, it is better to have a few people who have the opportunity to overachieve and are successful than a larger group who feel unable to do their targets and who become disgruntled.
Allow the European managers greater autonomy.

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Definitely a solid place to work.

Associate Software Intern (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Workday as an intern for less than a year

ProsGREAT people, GREAT work environment, very laid back and relax culture.

The people here are very supportive and are always willing to help. They're genuinely happy and don't mind coming in to work, but at the same time, they don't get overworked to the point where they have to come in on weekends all the time. I came in on weekends pretty often because as an intern with no car, I had nothing better to do and the building was virtually empty. This is in stark contrast with companies like Facebook where people are always working.

ConsLimited snack closet and break room snacks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't speak for the managers overall, but the ones I had were very supportive and helpful.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday as a contractor

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Working with fantastic people to positively and effectively disrupt an industry

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsI have never worked with a more positive group of people working collaboratively and determinedly towards a common goal, and having a ton of fun in the process. Employees are the number one company value, and it shows. Because of the continued growth, you can create your own opportunities if you have the drive, the knowledge, and the skills. If you have a great idea, bring it to the table. You will be listened to, but big egos not welcome.

ConsThe pay is not yet competitive. It's more about taking a bet on the company and its potential for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! The tone and the values are set at the top, and ours is amazing.

Great Company with a Culture to Match

Applications Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsTraining here is long but very helpful to get you situated, flexibility in schedule, smart and amazing people to work with and everyone you see is excited to be at work.

ConsFor App Developers you need to keep other programming languages in your back pocket because you won't get to practice them here

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 113 reviews are posted anonymously by Workday employees.