Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management (in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth (in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome Rollercoaster!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) London, England

ProsBest technology; great people who are in it for the ride, not the cash; huge growth; focus on customer happiness (not screwing them for short term profits); a joined-up and exciting narrative; very honest about flaws and getting better at solving them. Positive, enthusiastic, professional staff - walk the floor: everyone is friendly and you won't know who the VP's as everyone is so friendly - no ivory towers here!

ConsNot as aggressive as competition; growing pains can leave gaps in the organisation and its processes can be clumsy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff informed, continue engaging with as many people internally as you can - the informal 'brown bag' sessions are great to get the big picture.

Extremely poor European Management in the past

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsDynamic fast paced company. Great technology and superior delivery. Talented sales individuals.

ConsThe European management has been a joke in the past. Previous head of EMEA and current CIO EMEA was/is a clown who network well upwards but are not well regarded by their peers locally. Brought in a blame/distrustful culture. Long standing employees who had served the company well but who did not "suck up " to these managers did not fare well. The head of EMEA referred to has left to be part of AsiaPac so hopefully improvements will follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the facility for anonymous reviews of management. You may learn a great deal.

Great leadership, game changing technology and fun to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsTechnology, Leadership, Growth, Products, People, Benefits, WFH,

ConsGrowth brings unique challenges: Politics, Execution of Strategy, Competition catching up, Copycat players in emerging markets

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and leadership direction

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, poor European management.

Account Executive (Current Employee) London, England

ProsExcellent market leading product.
    Collaborative environment.
    Very satisfied customers.

ConsVery few people in Europe meet their targets.
    Unsupportive management.
    European management team lack autonomy
    Cliquey environment - most people have an Peoplesoft/Oracle/SAP connection.
    Creative thinking is discouraged, except amongst the 'inner circle.'
    The company is referred to internally as 'Workday and night' for good reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not over recruit, it is better to have a few people who have the opportunity to overachieve and are successful than a larger group who feel unable to do their targets and who become disgruntled.
    Allow the European managers greater autonomy.

It has been an amazing time working at Workday. The people are extremely friendly and are always willing to help.

Intern (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsCommunity as a whole
    The work environment

ConsUpper management seems to abuse their power a bit much.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't believe that because you are in a higher position, you will receive everything your heart desires.

It is not what they pretend to be.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsDecent pay.
    Some departments seemed good to work for still when I left.

ConsLies from management.
    Backstabbing to gain rank.
    Sexual harassment towards females at least in my department. (yes a compliant was given to HR. But even the people I know saw it didn't want to get involved)
    The company moto is 'Workday and nights' definitely true if you want to get ahead. Don't expect a family life.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamam your new management. It's about how can I rise though the ranks. Not about employees. You want to be be the best place to work. Stop asking us to lie on the public servey. They give 2 surveys. One for the public. The other for the truth that management sees. And ignores it seems.

Awesome place to work

ProsNice culture, they really care for employees, great pay, excellent benefits, free breakfast, snacks, refreshments, recreation (pool/ping pong/arcade games), gym membership, green workplace, lots and lots of fun events, and the list goes on...

On their products-brilliant architecture, out of the box thinking, all round awesome.

ConsCan't really think of any.

Leading ERP product, divisive Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsBest HR product on the market bar-none, excellent talent and hard working employees

Cons2 CEO's with opposite management styles has created a divisive leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease focus on Management training and improve hiring profiles across key areas

Outstanding Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThe work culture is amazing, there's great benefits, and awesome perks. What more do you need?

ConsIt's growing at a rapid pace so the small business feel is diminishing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was great! She was engaged, honest, and approachable.

Great Company

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe technology is ever evolving to meet our client's needs. Things are never boring or slow paced here.

ConsI am not sure if i have one yet

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE MORE PEOPLE, too much work and not enough employees.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!