World Travel Holdings

Updated 23 November 2014
2.3

World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Great for people who want to work from home and don't need daily contact (in 27 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before (in 4 reviews)

• If you have worked in a call center then you know how bad those places really are (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

yes i can attitude.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chili, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chili, WI (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

best service provided good guest communication and handling chutes.

Cons

to be on time according the guest .

more provided job opportunity.

Not a bad place to work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunity to earn sales commission. The other employees and free cruise giveaways!

Cons

The hours were not very appeasing.

Use more positive reinforcement to encourage employees to perform better.

It's an ok place to work

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work at home. computer provided. paid training.

Cons

strict guidelines. not much support from management.

WTH is an ok place to work. It does offer great pay for an at-home job, though. They are very strict on their policies. You do something wrong, you're fired without much time or help to correct what you were doing wrong. Also, schedules change a regular basis and they do not care what's going on in your life. They will schedule you whenever they feel like it. They make you fill out an availability form, but they don't usually stick to that. You have a 2nd job, oh well. You're in college, oh well. It is an ok place to work at, like I said, however don't screw up because they are very unforgiving.

My advice to upper management is to be more forgiving on the first offense for something. We are human beings and sometimes life stuff happens.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very supportive environment and wonderful people to work with. Great perks!!

Cons

Only 2 weeks of PTO per year which makes it difficult to take advantage of some of the travel perks.

Keep doing what you are doing because you are doing a great job! Consider increasing PTO as you are a bit below what other work at home companies offer.

Company's expectations are considerably high and pay is low.

Current Employee - Travel Pro in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Travel Pro in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the person who wants to work from home and has a spouse with a 'real' income, this job is a good option. It will pay between $30k to $35k annually.

Cons

There is excessively high turnover of travel pros. It appears this is the planned way of managing the seasonal needs of the company.

A large part of pay comes from travelers insurance sales. However, if you have less than a 33% ins. take rate on your sales, you get zero incentive on your sales. The commission from your sales is distributed among agents with the higher insurance sales rates.

Customer Care Representative

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Travel Benefits, they will train you, meet awesome people. They value volunteering, they support Make A Wish, good medical/dental benefits, can work from home.

Cons

Management gets bright ideas that don't work but is too prideful to admit they made a mistake.

See above.

Not as good as they make themselves look

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have young children working from home helps save money on daycare and such

Cons

Where to start? When your applying for employment it seems this company is a great place to work. Once you get out of training you realize it isn't as great as they made it seem. you get 3 weeks of training and that does not teach the new employees all they need so we do a lot of clean up work for them. Because they offer benefits you get excited because now your going to receive medical, dental and vision. Well when you start to use your benefits you realize you are paying $300 for benefits that you must meet a $2000.00 deductible before the insurance will pay. So you spend a lot of out of pocket expenses that could or would be avoided if they had real benefits. They train you for one position (again they under train) and when they start to add new features like hotel, flights car rentals and shore excursions, they gave you 1 or 2 hours of training online. What is that suppose to do for us? Not everyone can learn 2 new programs in just 2 hours plus you don't want to give us more money to do more work!!! You hired us to do cruises I understand you want to make more money so why not either hire new employees for your new business purposes or train us better and pay us for the work. More money is coming into the business yet the people in the front lines aren't getting raises while corporate is sitting back enjoying the money.

If you would like to go part-time you have to tell them why you need to do it, if you need a day off they want to know why. Why should I tell you? I have my PTO hours so let me use them. Why should we have to tell you about our personal/private lives?

Do you know how many new hires quit before they even make it to 6 months? They start with a training class of 25 and by the time 6 months arrive they have 10 or less left from that same training class.

A lot of employees don't like working there however with the economy the way it is we are blessed to have a employment. I bet if we could we would all leave and all the experienced and I mean experienced employees would of left years ago yet we stay cause we have bills and families to take care of while WTH is screwing us over

If you read this and still don't know how to fix it than you need better management. The CEO's need to take a look at this. I believe if we could take anonymous surveys regrinding how we feel about the company Brad and Jeff would be shocked. I bet your turnover rates are not good

A good choice for the right individual.

Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do what they say and deliver what they promise and are very clear on expectations if people pay attention. WTH has the potential to be a great place to work. What could be better than work at home in the travel industry? As one would expect with remote locations, they have a lot of tech issues. Their tech department is top notch and can get you back up and running in no time.

Cons

I was hired at least two month before the start date. I asked if there is anything that I can do to prepare and was told no. I was new to the travel industry and was eager to learn. So much could have been reviewed, and I would have, if focused and given guidance. Training is a 3 month college course crammed into a few weeks. I gladly did a lot of work outside of the paid hours but it was not enough. I felt the trainers quickly wrote off individuals they felt would not make the cut. I got a feeling that all the smiles and encouragement were not genuine, but they are in the sales industry so you cannot hold that against them.

Your hiring and training process cannot be inexpensive. You system must work or you would not conduct business in that manner. Were it my company, I would concentrate on screening potential and fully developing that talent. The position offered really can be a long term, rewarding career choice. That was my plan. All I needed and asked for but did not receive was more phone guidance when I went live. But that goes back to my earlier comment, “I felt the trainers quickly wrote off individuals they felt would not make the cut.”

Not a Truly Remarkable Experience

Former Employee - Group Account Executive in Wilmington, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Group Account Executive in Wilmington, MA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, co workers are great, great travel benefits, take advantage of latest tech so agents can work from home and usually works 80% of the time, great tech department.

Cons

Customer / Agent complaints never addressed, upper management has no idea what manager of department is doing, current manager has degree in marketing but has never booked actual travel as an agent and has no idea of actual process, not sure why this person even has this position, manager implements processes that are useless, time consuming and does not enhance agent or client experience. Uses 3rd party company to host group registration websites to collect guest information , credit card info and billing info thus leaving guests open to huge security issues if anything were to ever happen with 3rd party companies site.

Hire a manager that actually nows about booking travel as an agent, your group department should be as automated as your individual in house reservation system is, you would have more productivity, much higher overall agent moral and be much more efficient

Great Travel company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. I was allowed the freedom to do my work without a supervisor constantly watching me.

Cons

I think the outlook of the travel industry is slowly declining. The pay was alright. I enjoyed my job but I wish there was a little more upward mobility.

I believe that the senior management cares and trying their best.

World Travel Holdings Photos