World Wrestling Entertainment

Updated 15 January 2015
3.2

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Pros
  • Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym (in 4 reviews)

• Great junior level staff with ability to receive free tickets to the show (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here (in 7 reviews)

• Hard to get to the top when they hire upper-management from outside (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast-paced and exciting. Never a dull moment!

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can learn a lot and get promoted if you work hard and get along well with others.
    Good pay and benefits.
    Nice office building.

Cons

The amount of work can be challenging.

Be more open and transparent about what is going on around the company.

Crazy and fun with an always changing environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

an experience that will never be matched; a great community.

Cons

was only there for 3 years and my whole department was moved (seating and floors) at least 3 times, changed bosses at least 3 times and went through so much infrastructure changes it was detrimental to the work.

compensation was below average, bonuses were unfairly given out.

Great Work Experience

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

- Fun work environment

- People are really passionate about their jobs

- You have a lot of opportunity to try your hand at different projects and initiatives, so it's a great place to work if you're looking to gain experience and really learn a lot from your job

- Great Benefits (Gym in-house, Cafeteria onsite, a lot of paid time off, Medical Coverage, Tickets to events, etc.)

- It's a family company and that really shows in their culture and beliefs

Cons

- The company could offer more opportunities for different departments to interact in ways other than just through business (mixers, events, lunches, etc.)

Cool Place to Work!

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

-Great people to work with
    -There is a cafeteria onsite
    -State of the art gym
    -Parking Lot
    -Shuttle bus to and from Stamford Metro North station
    -Great benefits and vacation time

Cons

-Better work-life balance, depending on the department

Great place to work!!!

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented/passionate employees. Really generous benefits. Great overall culture.

Cons

Perception we are only a "wrestling" company. True leadership not valued-- the people closest to Vince are highly political and are self-serving. Communications from the highest levels is sporadic (we never hear directly from Vince, Michelle Wilson or George Barrios)

Have to do a better job of bringing people on the journey. We believe in what we are doing but we get more information from the dirt sheets and Yahoo Finance than anything from our internal communications.

Wonderful environment for young professionals

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Very welcoming to young talent with many internal growth opportunities. The benefits are generous and the community of employees is a benefit in itself. Very hard working culture where you can make a difference at any level.

Cons

Limited work-life balance. At times, fast paced culture, although exciting, can result in highly stressful work environment. Communication within the company is another point of possible improvement.

Worst working environment ever...any positive reviews on this site are written by HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

If you are into fake wresting, which I am not, you can get tickets, but there are no discounts or special treatment for employees.

Cons

1.) The working environment. After working for various uptight financial companies I was excited to work for a "fun" place where they didn't take themselves so seriously. I mean its fake wresting and TV right? But there was a dark cloud over this place at all times. People were miserable, not friendly, not sharing with each other, not helping each other, not working as a team---as they were always worried about who they could trust, about losing their jobs or about being asked to work ridiculous hours even as they were halfway out the door.
    2.) Extreme work hours. You were expected to work 24/7/365. People were treated like slaves, expected to have no life outside of work, work until 11pm daily, and often as late as 5am (and you were expected to be back by 8am that same day). And there was no recognition or comp days added to compensate you for all of this extra time at work. And I want to make this clear this is just the office staff in CT, not people performing (which of course would have late hours).
    3.) Credit never given where credit is due. It doesn't matter much to me if I get credit for my work as long as I am treated fairly and paid well, but for my fellow WWE employees the humiliation of management constantly passing employee ideas as their own and never saying thank you for hard work---was very disheartening. The management was paranoid and insecure constantly trying to puff themselves up to look better to Vince and the other officers.
    4.) The company is run like Vince's personal piggy bank. It's publicly traded, but Vince has no respect or loyalty to shareholders. He also has not respect or loyalty to return on investment (ROI). He is like a kid in a candy store - Oh today I want to make movies, tomorrow I want to have my own TV network---Oh and don't never forget - I want my own football league! And forget what it means for the brand, company, and return to employees or shareholders!!
    5.) The turnover is staggering. I calculated based on just the information that I knew at the time I was with the company that the company had over a 30% turnover per year. 30%!! How can you even run a company when people are constantly flowing through a revolving door. It's impossible to do your work as you are told to follow up with some person or department and then you call them only to hear "they are no longer with us." I must have heard that 20 times in the first 3 months I was there. Most people in my group never last more than 3-6 months before quitting.

Start running the company as a business not a playground. Respect your employees. Make work/life balance a priority. Fire managers that don't respect and belittle their employees. Sell the company to someone that will focus on your strengths - live entertainment and TV - and get rid of all of your useless network, film, and other businesses that are not part of your core competencies. Vince and Stephanie if you are hell-bent on keeping the company fire all those sycophants you have working for you and higher some talented people that will not always tell you what you want to hear, but will really help to make good decisions in running the company.

Dictatorship

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

The job is not just your average drab corporate atmosphere. It's lively, and can be fun since the (albeit silly) product is ever-changing. It was cool to be a part of a big machine like WWE.

Cons

There is an incredible amount of unfairness, disloyalty, and favortism shown (and this coming from somene who had a great title). High executives (the select few) are like children, and if you're not in the inner circle, you're an underling who barely matters. So much condescension in every part of the job. "Oh, you just drove website sales higher than they've ever been? Thank you! Here are six boxes of donuts for you and your department. I'll just keep your bonus check."

WWE is not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Digital/Mobile Content Producer in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Digital/Mobile Content Producer in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Good Benefits and have a nice gym.

Cons

They don't honor contracts and are over staffed with lawyers to snake their way out of contracts with employees. Human Resources is a department of Lawyers in disguise to protect employees.

It's a dictatorship management style. They use fear tactics to motivate employees.

World Wrestling Entertainment Photos