World Wrestling Entertainment

Updated 26 February 2015
3.3

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Pros
  • Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym (in 4 reviews)

• Great junior level staff with ability to receive free tickets to the show (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here (in 7 reviews)

• Hard to get to the top when they hire upper-management from outside (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with many opportunities...

Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyday at WWE is a different day and presents different challenges, so there is never a dull moment. The employees are talented and are very passionate about this brand. WWE also values their employees and illustrates that by providing opportunities internally and always looking to grow talent from within.

Cons

Work-life balance is always a challenge no matter where you work, but I think it is more challenging at WWE especially if you are a mom wanting to be successful in your career. I also think that promotions and compensations are inconsistent across the company.

Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Working at WWE

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at WWE for nearly 4 years. It has been a terrific experience both professionally and personally. I have been provided with the opportunity to learn, grow and move within the company. Staff is collaborative and some of the most hard working dedicated people I have ever met. I enjoy coming to work every day and look forward to many years to come.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging at times when working for a 24/7 global entertainment company.

Great Place to Work and Grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Pros

WWE is a great place to work if you’re looking to advance your career, be challenged on a daily basis and work in a fun, fast-paced environment. Employees are rewarded and recognized for their hard work. There's also a great sense of accomplishment among employees. It's a great feeling knowing you're making a real impact to the business.

Cons

Work/life balance is definitely something that’s difficult to manage.

Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

-Friendly staff
    -Great experience, highly recommended for a WWE fan

Cons

-unpaid
    -located in Connecticut, far commute if you live in NYC

-start having paid internships

Great experience for an Intern

Current Intern - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Intern - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

If you are a fan like I am, it's a pretty awesome experience interning at WWE. The people are extremely nice and you wear a number of different hats depending on your department.

Cons

None besides the fact that it wasn't paid. I would've preferred to work full-time and have it be paid as opposed to 20 hours and no pay.

Didn't deal with upper management too much, but I would advise to make yourselves more available to subordinates. I've heard the work-life balance is tough, but I didn't experience that as a part-time Intern.

Working at WWE.

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Good benefits, lots of opportunities to do what you want. Mostly everyone you work with is very friendly and enjoyable to be around. Non salary jobs offer a ton of overtime whenever you want it, flip side being you don't make very much hourly and will need it.

Cons

Pay isn't great. Tough to move through early and mid-career points. Highly political atmosphere that will downright disregard your ability or talent if someone more important than you decides they dislike you.

Understand employees better, offer clearer communication as opposed to vaguely recalling problems in the past. Place a greater importance on creativity and less on politics.

Turnover and no work life balance

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Constant activity, energy. The product is a very unique one that changes each week. Must be a fan to enjoy the day to day here. Only fans work here.

Cons

My role has turned over 4 times in 5 years. Most employees came to the WWE in a situation of need. If people find a way out then they leave. There is a lot of bitterness inside the ranks towards senior senior management for failing to do what management is responsible for in any company. The company is run by two people fighting over the crown to the throne, and they're not in the family.
    Zero work life balance, reads 0.

Sort out the upper ranks and the turnover will subside. Could be the greatest company to work at but ineffective people are costing it, restructure

Toxic environment

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Good pay, very talented staff.

Cons

It's like being in junior high in terms of office politics. It's hard to feel good about your job when a lot of the executive staff is so demeaning.

Be on time and respect your employees. Treating everyone like they are beneath your intellect is counterproductive to a healthy work environment.

Fun projects and great people, but they work you to death.

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun projects, can be very hands on if you are driven. Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

They hire production assistants to do assistant editor and associate producer work for $14 an hour. Hours can be very long and demanding.

Create more of a work life balance.

World Wrestling Entertainment Photos