Wynn Resorts

Wynn Resorts Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Wynn Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Wynn

Stephen A. Wynn

Pros
  • Best established casino resort in Las Vegas(in 4 reviews)

• Use to be a great place to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one gets to the top with their brains(in 3 reviews)

• Upper management decides what policies apply to certain individuals(in 3 reviews)

Tons of work added on with extremely low pay and treated like child.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTo be honest I truly tried to think of something positive about working here. I cannot think of one thing. I guess the hotel is pretty .....

ConsNumerous pay reductions during a 7 year span.
    Department "restructures" aka eliminating departments and giving you the work load.
    Increased work load with 0 pay increase
    Commissions reduced
    Extremely strict monitoring used to determine if you're eligible for commissions.
    Permission must be asked to use the restroom
    Lunches often get held back 1 or 2 hours based on business demands.
    Treated like children
    Have to wait for lunch pass when you're allowed to go eat
    Micro- managed
    Horribly over priced benefits we paid $327 a month for family of 3
    No 401K match

I worked here over 7 years and when I finally took the leap and decided to go somewhere that treated me with dignity. I was doing the work of once was 4 departments for about 10K less than when I started. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. It's truly awful management is horrible I feel so very sorry for my old comrades stuck in the hell center .

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating staff like worthless minions. For every queue answered you should get increased pay. of at least $1.00 . Re do the commission structure so that's it's not insulting and demeaning to the staff 2.00 per upgrade on a $500. Room ? You should be ashamed!

Good but not great

Theater Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsWynn is a great place to work because they do offer consistently. There is also an environment that fosters fairness.

ConsIn my current position, there seems to be little, to no advancement possibilities. It also seems like the nail that sticks out gets pounded down.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep your job, then don't try to be a leader. Our two heads run the show their way and want kiss ass managers that will do it the way they want. Kind of sad, but its not a bad place to be if you can stay off the radar.

No Work Life Balance

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsGreat opportunity to utilize the latest greatest technologies

ConsNo commitment to resolving business affecting problems, low pay, ridiculous need for overtime without pay

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your personel

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excelent

Utility Porter (Former Employee)

ProsBecause is good place to work, the company is very worry for all employe

Consnot all have the potential to better position

Not a strong enough sense of improvement.

ProsNot bad for Vegas casino standards. Good variety of opportunities if you network well. Strong market position within Vegas.

ConsHiring based on buddy system, not quality of candidate. Lack of accountability, people try to not get fired, not give their best efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal improvement. Not just facilities.

no place to work

Desktop Support (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

Prosnone to offer, or come to mind

Consmanagement is egotistical and impossible to work with.

Advice to Senior Managementget over yourself

Superb experience and education for my passion for hospitality excellence.

Concierge (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsOutstanding benefits
    Excellent communication amongst departments
    Great promotional opportunities from within
    Excellent opportunities for advancement

ConsToo much favoritism
    Its all about who knows who

Great Company

Director (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThis is a great company to work for. Great work environment and the tools put in place to help you with your development is something I never experienced before. The company truly does their best to set you up for success. You just have to put forth the effort.

ConsTheir are some strong personalities you have to deal with. Once you prove yourself you may or may not be accepted by these people. Job performance is not the key factor in building a career. It is more about relationships.

It's OK, if you're pretty much settled...

Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsPeople are friendly
    Lots of Work activities
    Good food for lunch.

ConsUnless you know someone in a higher position, don't expect promotions based on merit. It's mainly based on seniority and favoritism.

Intimidating and Unethical

Coordinator (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsBeautiful properties, sense of pride for where you work (on the surface), good EDR, okay benefits, limited overtime

ConsLots of unethical marketing practices, very focused on physical appearance of employees (even back of house), no growth opportunities, abusive and harassing middle management, intimidating and unstable upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they have serious concerns regarding ethics or reporting illegal practices - you'll have less turnover

Worked for Wynn Resorts? Contribute to the Community!