Wynn Resorts

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Wynn Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Wynn

Stephen A. Wynn

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wynn Resorts part-time for more than a year

ProsExciting and it's on the LV Strip

ConsIt's on the LV Strip LOL

Great experience at Wynn Resorts.

I have been working at Wynn Resorts

ProsRoom for growth is exceptional.

ConsVPs have a sense of entitlement.

Advice to Senior ManagementVPs and directors should not come first.

Could be better, like everything else...

Bell Attendant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wynn Resorts part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree meal, beautiful resort, high clientele list and high volume (for the most part).

ConsLowest Union paying positions on the strip, Wynn Employee garage is a headache, lots of pressure (depending where you work) due to constantly being shopped. Management has a lot of snitches and back-stabbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you assume someone is not doing the right thing, put our faith on them and they will eventually see that and do the right thing.

It's a prison

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wynn Resorts full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHmmm, tough, but here goes, nice building

ConsThis is the panoptic work place at its finest. Workers are treated like prisoners at all times and bullied by the Guards who masquerade as executives. Being a tall blonde will get everything. No one gets to the top with their brains.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should do 360 degree reviews. If you think you don't have bullies, chances are it's you.

Avoid working at Wynn

General Manager (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time for more than a year

ProsThe resort is beautiful, great benefits and paid lunch meal.

ConsNot every division run by the same policies and procedures. Upper management decides what policies apply to certain individuals. If you disagree, employee relations will not support you as they state it is the decision that division's upper management and that is who they support. Unless you are willing to be their puppet, you are either fired or forced out. Associate salaries are the lowest on the strip. There is no real training other than new hire orientation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to express themselves and evaluate your current management. Many managers have no experience and hold high positions solely because the "play the game". Unless things change, the new hotels opening on the strip will not only steal away your employees but your guests will opt to stay elsewhere.

A LOT OF POLITICS

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Wynn Resorts full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking in a nice environment

ConsDealing with superiors that are here because of kissing ass everyday and not because of their potentials

Advice to Senior ManagementNo vacation days for the first year. Look around for better oportunities

I'm happy to work in the company

House Person (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Wynn Resorts part-time for more than a year

ProsI work to leave and for my family

Consmay rate is a little bit low

Advice to Senior ManagementJust increase our salary

It is an upscale casino/hotel in Las Vegas that I pride working for.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wynn Resorts part-time for more than 5 years

ProsBeautiful decor, upscale customers, higher than average wage

ConsWynn does not have a pleasant relationship with his table games staff, hostile work environment amongst dealers

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the Encore EDR. The recession is over.

Maintaining 5 stars and happiness.

I have been working at Wynn Resorts full-time

ProsThere is a reason Wynn Resorts consistently maintains 5 stars, its the level of service and behind that are people. The pro is you are truly able to learn from the best in the business, Individuals who have been hand selected for their skill level and absolute dedication to their industry.There is so much to be learned from such different management styles that all have one thing in common, guest satisfaction.

ConsThere is a lot of 'red tape' to go through to get something done that falls outside of Policy and Procedure which limits empowerment. There is no room for error which is understandable, however, it can also create uneasiness among employees and instead of owning mistakes and seeking out guidance it cultivates a certain amount fear in employees(especially line level) and an unwillingness to own their actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and cultivate employees, employees who can seek guidance without difficulty will help create a more cohesive team.

Tons of work added on with extremely low pay and treated like child.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wynn Resorts

ProsTo be honest I truly tried to think of something positive about working here. I cannot think of one thing. I guess the hotel is pretty .....

ConsNumerous pay reductions during a 7 year span.
Department "restructures" aka eliminating departments and giving you the work load.
Increased work load with 0 pay increase
Commissions reduced
Extremely strict monitoring used to determine if you're eligible for commissions.
Permission must be asked to use the restroom
Lunches often get held back 1 or 2 hours based on business demands.
Treated like children
Have to wait for lunch pass when you're allowed to go eat
Micro- managed
Horribly over priced benefits we paid $327 a month for family of 3
No 401K match

I worked here over 7 years and when I finally took the leap and decided to go somewhere that treated me with dignity. I was doing the work of once was 4 departments for about 10K less than when I started. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. It's truly awful management is horrible I feel so very sorry for my old comrades stuck in the hell center .

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating staff like worthless minions. For every queue answered you should get increased pay. of at least $1.00 . Re do the commission structure so that's it's not insulting and demeaning to the staff 2.00 per upgrade on a $500. Room ? You should be ashamed!

Worked for Wynn Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wynn Resorts reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Wynn Resorts CEO Stephen A. Wynn. All 45 reviews are posted anonymously by Wynn Resorts employees.