XcelHR

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Ted Winglass

Worst company to work for in the state!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD (US)

I worked at XcelHR full-time for more than a year

ProsCan't think of a single positive thing to say about them

ConsIndian owned so employees are treated like cattle which is the culture of that country. Churn 'em and burn 'em. Low pay, long hours and incompetent management. Haven't given the employees a raise for going on 4 years yet the owner is building a mansion in Great Falls. No 401k contribution for 4 years either. Company is not long for survival.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let people with half a brain try to save the company

Stable and average

Business Consultant (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD (US)

I worked at XcelHR full-time for less than a year

ProsI found this company to be exceptionally strong in customer services, with a loyal sales teams. Good People to work with and a very competent and professional HR department.

ConsThis is a growing regional company that is still being run like a small mom and pop by the leadership. This style works in the rural markets but not in the highly competitive cities.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate responsibilities. You can't do it all.

If you love stress and don't mind a small paycheck, work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at XcelHR

ProsMany wonderful employees to work with, good work life balance. Great dedicated sales team.

ConsEXTREMELY poor leadership from the VP of Operations down to line management who are inexperienced and lack the knowledge in their field to effectively run an organization. Creativity and innovation are practically discouraged. Teams are overworked and under appreciated with a management, sink or swim mentality. Turnover is extremely high and employees are not valued. No training, no raises, no recognition, no performance review. If your just in it for a small paycheck this employer is okay, if you are looking for more, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire experienced executive and line managers to lead the company. Invest in your people, require education and certifications for your payroll, benefits, accounting and HR departments. Value your staff, encourage innovation and creativity and listen to those with experience and expertise in their field.

Worked for XcelHR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at XcelHR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for XcelHR CEO Ted Winglass. All reviews posted anonymously by XcelHR employees.