Xchanging

Xchanging Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Xchanging Chief Executive Officer Ken Lever

Ken Lever

Pros
  • Work Life balance is excellent- you complete your work and then shifts are flexible for you (in 12 reviews)

• Challenging and Supporting environment to work with, be upfront with client and the company, you get the best possible support (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • if made them( senior management ) sit on project manager/analysts place they can't survive for half hr (in 9 reviews)

• work culture: less professionalism and huge politics (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

The potential for growth is unimaginable

Team Leader (Current Employee) Basildon, East of England, England

ProsDevelopment is always available, the company is growing to new levels for the rest of 2014 and 2015, and the benefits are pretty good too

Consafter seeing the new Walbrook building in London i feel that now the Basildon office needs a massive revamp and the technology updated

Happy days

Senior PMO Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThis is the the best place to learn and grow in a bigger environment.

ConsTools and Techniques not in place effectively

I am with the orginisation close to 8+ year, growing parallely in career

Project Manager (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsThe team is good including the next level manager

Consteam retention distrubing other team members work balance

Advice to Senior Managementretain knowledgeable people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A toxic, chaotic and depressing place to work

XIS (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe managers have very little idea what anyone does or where they are most of the time, so is a great opportunity to do what's right for number one and "learn on the job" for your next role (which if you are average or better you will be seeking sooner rather than later).

ConsToo many people trying to do the same jobs in different places. Nobody feels responsible for anything or empowered to change anything

Unable to get even simple collaborative tools to work (computer logons, wireless networks etc)

The company is dependent on a single declining contract, and seems desperate to try anything it can to replace it. Except there is no strategy, direction or willingness to invest to get any of the ideas right.

Everything at Xchanging seems to take ten times longer and cost three times as much as it should.

Senior managers are too busy trying to appear as everyones friend, writing sickly poetry or posting silly pictures online every other day. They need to grow up, wake up, open their eyes and take a serious look at the chaos they preside over.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign and let some experienced, credible professionals from outside come in and take a long hard look at Xchanging before it is too late. The monopoly you've relied on since the companies inception is disappearing fast, leaving you with an unprofitable, bloated, lazy and chaotic mess to unravel.

Pretty average mid-size service provider

Insurance (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGood work/life balance, friendly colleagues, flexible working, reasonable pay, generally support training

ConsUnambitious risk-averse company under current leadership, still overreliance on few big contracts without much replacements. Management not employee focused and a total old-boys-club, invisible HR. Insurance monopoly position creates friction with many customers

Advice to Senior ManagementEither take risks to grow or sell up to a larger consultancy, and diversify the leadership teams

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

hopeless people and company

Director (Former Employee) London, England

Prosgreat turnaround opp; excellent client base

Consthe people that remain are not of the highest caliber

Advice to Senior Managementtake a hard look at the people in 'leadership' roles

Good company to start with in the City

Prosvery ambitious and forward focused

ConsSignificant old boys network still in operation

Advice to Senior Managementlook to address the team imbalances

Exciting and challenging

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe people are professional, friendly and passionate about the Company. A great team spirit exists and the committment of people to do the right thing is amazing.

If you are in the right area, you will be rewarded fairly and given opportunitinties to grow and develop

Consit can be hard work. A long hours culture exists within some disciplines which can be difficult when you have a family. Email culture is mad and the pace of change is off the hook

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid being a bottle neck, communicate alot more, consult on changes and let change bed in.

Xchanging Insurance Services - Toxic and Deluded

Somewhere In IT (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThey pay reasonably well and being in the square mile, the location is convenient. That should be 20 words min.

ConsThe management are absolutely clueless and and deluded - just interested in their bonuses. As many have commented, if you have any real skills or passion, then you're wasting your time at this company, who actually act the exact opposite of _all_ their stated values.

The company seems to have a toxic relationship with their main client which permeates the whole organisation. Whilst there I saw highly aggressive behavior, to the stage where I was considering reporting one person there for bullying. I decided not to as they had support of senior management and everyone just said "oh, that's just so-and-so, they can be a bit difficult". The sad thing is that the previous individual was not an isolated instance - these "toxic primadonnas" were scattered everywhere as the company encouraged this sort of behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really don't know. As this is one of the worst places I've worked, with generally insensitive, inexperienced or incompetent management, I can't really think of any advice that the current management would understand or listen to, so I'm not going to bother.

Fantastic company to work for with some of the most pleasant highly driven professionals to work with.

Head of Information Security (Former Employee) London, England

ProsOpportunities are abundant, career paths are fantastically well described and all staff are fully supported with mentoring and guidance to progress.
    Working for Xchanging was a most challenging experience, the company grows and grows at a high but robust pace.

ConsThere are absolutely no cons that I can report- everything and anything can be achieved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe the best

Worked for Xchanging? Contribute to the Community!