Xchanging
www.xchanging.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Xchanging Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014
Xchanging – Bangalore – “Xchanging”

Xchanging Chief Executive Officer Ken Lever

Ken Lever

Pros:
  • "Challenging and Supporting environment to work with, be upfront with client and the company, you get the best possible support"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Perfect start for a fresher, good career growth, better work-life balance,"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "if made them( senior management ) sit on project manager/analysts place they can't survive for half hr"
    in 9 reviews
  • "less-salary, rotational shifts, less hike in the salary"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Pretty average mid-size service provider

Insurance (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Xchanging full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work/life balance, friendly colleagues, flexible working, reasonable pay, generally support training

ConsUnambitious risk-averse company under current leadership, still overreliance on few big contracts without much replacements. Management not employee focused and a total old-boys-club, invisible HR. Insurance monopoly position creates friction with many customers

Advice to Senior ManagementEither take risks to grow or sell up to a larger consultancy, and diversify the leadership teams

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

hopeless people and company

Director (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Xchanging full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat turnaround opp; excellent client base

Consthe people that remain are not of the highest caliber

Advice to Senior Managementtake a hard look at the people in 'leadership' roles

Good company to start with in the City

I have been working at Xchanging full-time for more than 3 years

Prosvery ambitious and forward focused

ConsSignificant old boys network still in operation

Advice to Senior Managementlook to address the team imbalances

Exciting and challenging

I have been working at Xchanging full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people are professional, friendly and passionate about the Company. A great team spirit exists and the committment of people to do the right thing is amazing.

If you are in the right area, you will be rewarded fairly and given opportunitinties to grow and develop

Consit can be hard work. A long hours culture exists within some disciplines which can be difficult when you have a family. Email culture is mad and the pace of change is off the hook

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid being a bottle neck, communicate alot more, consult on changes and let change bed in.

Xchanging Insurance Services - Toxic and Deluded

Somewhere In IT (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Xchanging as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey pay reasonably well and being in the square mile, the location is convenient. That should be 20 words min.

ConsThe management are absolutely clueless and and deluded - just interested in their bonuses. As many have commented, if you have any real skills or passion, then you're wasting your time at this company, who actually act the exact opposite of _all_ their stated values.

The company seems to have a toxic relationship with their main client which permeates the whole organisation. Whilst there I saw highly aggressive behavior, to the stage where I was considering reporting one person there for bullying. I decided not to as they had support of senior management and everyone just said "oh, that's just so-and-so, they can be a bit difficult". The sad thing is that the previous individual was not an isolated instance - these "toxic primadonnas" were scattered everywhere as the company encouraged this sort of behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really don't know. As this is one of the worst places I've worked, with generally insensitive, inexperienced or incompetent management, I can't really think of any advice that the current management would understand or listen to, so I'm not going to bother.

Fantastic company to work for with some of the most pleasant highly driven professionals to work with.

Head of Information Security (Former Employee)

I worked at Xchanging full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpportunities are abundant, career paths are fantastically well described and all staff are fully supported with mentoring and guidance to progress.
Working for Xchanging was a most challenging experience, the company grows and grows at a high but robust pace.

ConsThere are absolutely no cons that I can report- everything and anything can be achieved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe the best

Xchanging company review

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMid sized organisation, easier to manoeuvre, but only if you know the right people within.
Improving communication channels, and employee engagement.

ConsToo many business units for a company of this size, can be quite chaotic.
Lack of defined organisation structure - though this may have gained momentum recently..will be interesting to see where it goes.

My experiance is positive overall, improving the productivity in insurance business.

Transition (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time for more than 10 years

ProsColleagues are good to work with, honest and hard working. management getting better and becoming stable.

ConsManagement slowly maturing after cycles of outside senior managers not truly understanding Xchanging business and therefore historically not able to make productive and effective decisions. HR, I believe should be working to maximise productivity of all employees by creating positive environment for all employees. Unfortunately may be close to management but may be missing a trick with employees lower down the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementHistorically too much change for changes sake and not for business' sake. Seems to be improving.

Entrepreneurial spirit

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMeritocrcacy, quick decision making, lacks bureaucracy, management easy to talk to, innovative and inspiirig

ConsStill growing up, systems being upgraded and change is a constant at present

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the path, involve staff more

Going in the right direction

Category Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time for more than 5 years

ProsXchanging want people to want to work for them and have successful careers. They are investing time and effort in providing skills to staff. The company as a whole actually understands the challenges they face and I think they are trying to do something about it.

ConsXchanging only pay the market median rate for employees in any given role which seems contradictory given their interest in investing in success. The diversity of products also means that there is a silo mentality and can sometimes lead to internal conflict between silos.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency from top to bottom, less of a silo mentality.

Worked for Xchanging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xchanging reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xchanging CEO Ken Lever . All 118 reviews are posted anonymously by Xchanging employees.