Xerox

Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.6 1,596 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services)(in 64 reviews)

1,596 Employee Reviews

good experience

Logistician (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIt is fine to work for them, however, I would prefer working to someone else. Who cares, anyway it is just to pay the bills

ConsIt is a very similar approach to the one of pros. If I have to give any advantages on the job I perform in there, I would say it is not for graduates

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell management to provide employees with a better chance to promote in-house

Lack of respectable leadership, only interested in numbers not remotely interested in staff.

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsColleagues are passionate and care about their customers. There are some very talented and committed people working at Xerox.

Cons'Jobs for the boys' attitude is clear among the senior team. Service delivery senior leadership is non existent, compounded by puzzling appointments of inexperienced people with no management skills into senior roles...? Staff on the ground facing clients are totally demoralised, no pay rises or even cost of living rises in 7 years for majority of staff. Not so much as an email of thanks at Xmas, and nothing but more rumours of car allowance cuts and redundancies this week.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine the people you have in charge, ask for feedback from their teams and take it seriously, there are major issues here. They are letting your wonderful staff and your loyal customers down. Xerox just isn't the company it used to be and all that embarrassing, cringeworthy, back-slapping on the stage at year start didn't fool anyone in the UK. I have worked at Xerox for over 10 years, I know a lot of people in various areas of the business and we all talk. If people don't have their cv's out there already, they are preparing them. The flood gates are opening and Canon, Ricoh, Lexmark are quickly catching you up.

Good initiatives but very poor management who dont know what they want

Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Uxbridge, England

Prospeople are great, work/life balance can be great

Conspoor management, IM deliver to themselves, not to the business...lost focus in what is important, not sure if they are even making a profit or not

Advice to Senior Managementget a clear strategy and follow it, go back to investing in your people and great ideas, thats what made you great!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a positive experience as far as the career progresion is concerned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Uxbridge, England

Proseuropean reach
    variety of IT platforms - although most is outsourced now
    some nice people around - but they are also worn down or waiting for pension

Conscareer progression does not exist
    in 5 years of my time i had no pay rise, as a result my benefit package got decimeted by 20%
    'you can get the next job mister and more responsability, but no pay rise!!'

Advice to Senior Managementstart telling the truth to the staff please! and stop abusing people just because you can! i think this company needs a srtong workers union as the management is unable and not interested to look after the employee.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Uxbridge, England

ProsAn exciting place to work

ConsNot applicable - a dynamic environment

Once world class now coach at best

Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat colleagues and they once had a great pension which is being stopped end of 2013
    Good senior management in my division

ConsVery low morale, frozen salaries for most, large increases for ursula burns and crew. 20 years service downgraded from a reward to a letter of thanks !. No investment whatsoever for 5 years despite being a very profitable division. No replacement of staff just more work for everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about yourselves and think more of your employees, at least when Anne Mulcahy was around you felt appreciated. No one has any idea of where you are taking the company. I assume you are scared to hand out the employee satisfaction surveys anymore!! I loved this company and I feel you have stripped away everything that made it unique. It is the only company able to sell the whole package, pre sales, sales, service and supplies instead of using that strength you are selling off the end of that cycle and making xerox the same as everyone else. I am delighted to be going to Antalis but very very sad that Xerox ended up this way.

Unclear strategy, resulting in misled management and questionable HR practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England

ProsPeople, challenge of change and opportunity to achieve great things

ConsNo acknowledge,ent of the people, or their achievements

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus on your people and on doing great things through differentiation, currently you're too wound up with keeping pace with the competition, and you're losing your heart

Great and Fantastic Place

Reprographics Specialist (Former Employee) London, England

Prosgreat benefits and leave package

ConsI was working at the busiest time of the year so struggled with traffic

Advice to Senior Managementgreat people available to support and guide

Great beginning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, helpful and experienced

ConsLow salary and lot of red tape

Bureaucratic, understaffed and lacking in leadership, management

Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) Uxbridge, England

ProsFriendly long-serving employees from better times at Xerox

ConsCompany lacks the family feel with lack of leadership leaving staff to paddle their own canoes. IT Projects face a wall of heavy 'waterfall' bureacracy and powerpoint culture, while many other companys are moving to agile methods and less bureacracy. Offices are aged and/or cramped in Uxbridge. US noticeably better staff resourced than EU which is cut to the bone (marrow).

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many long service yes men in middle management, typical of old corporations.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!