Xerox

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.6 1,597 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services)(in 64 reviews)

1,597 Employee Reviews

Challenge

Account Manager (Current Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

Prosgreat training, proven sales practice

Conscould be sometimes rough, but thats what sales is all about.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management

Senior Account Management Role

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsStrong brand, planned growth in other markets.

ConsCulture clash & different strategies between the traditional Xerox Technology org and the new Xerox Services group. Offerings need to be stronger outside the US. Weak global leadership - APAC.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify SME's in each vertical that can support the selling & account management efforts across the organization. Add people that know the targeted account inside/out with great relationships - they're the glue. Stay committed to a global approach- account management, cross-selling, standardization across geo's and one voice/strategy.

Great

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsGood work environment, fun, fast-paced.

ConsNone really, I had hoped to get hired for long term.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work with

Senior Functional Analyst (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people, compensation is ok, flexible work environment.

ConsAdvancement is based on who you know.

Employment experience

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat smart coworkers. Flexible hours and decent benefits. Convenient location in suburbs. Opportunity for patenting ideas supported by excellent intellectual property framework.

ConsNo upward mobility, too many managers and not enough working engineers or technicians. Reliance on temporary contract help and no long term commitment to engineering. Way too top heavy with senior management. So much Multitasking that you are behind before you start something new.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not given opportunity to grow their careers because senior management wants to keep good engineers and technicians in their established roles.

Spinning my wheels

Client Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThose on the lower rungs tend to work together and help each other get their jobs done.
    2 weeks vacation and numerous days off within the first year.

ConsNo raises. Told the only way we'll get more money is "to do more." Yet, they will overhire(at more pay than you) if they think they need somebody. With an attitude like that, how can you take on more responsibility?
    Favoritism seems rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart working with people you manage. When you sit in your offices all day in meetings, how do you know what's going on out there? We know, so ask us. You might actually learn something.

It allowed me growth opportunities.

Team Leader (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL (US)

ProsBenefits were fair. The people were friendly.

ConsBad choices of management. Lacks training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers.

Two year xerox associate/account manager

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsDepending on what agency you work for this can be variable but my agency and agent owner are great. We get great support - in terms of longevity things are drastically changing in the print industry. The business is different every year with technology advances and paperless and scan functions, may be obsolete soon enough.

ConsFuture outlook - shaky for the industry in general
    Tons of competition make sales very difficult even when you've identified opportunity
    Must be self motivated and hard to keep up since the commissions are so small considering the amount of work

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some support staff and amp up salaries and commission percentages for better reps, this way we can afford to stay

Review of old ACS sector, not traditional Xerox. If you are looking to move up quickly and not as concerned about pay.

Systems Development Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsThere are a lot of opportunities to move up in the company for those that are hard working and capable.

ConsOld ACS division. It's an outsourcing company so there is a lot of offshoring and low budgets.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions need to be vetted with lower managers instead of made without full insight.

company review

Associate (Current Employee) Noida (India)

Proswork envirnoment gr8 along managment
    us culture alongwith discipline is gr8

Conssalary hikes improper ,shud b improved

more friendly work ethics & envirnoment.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!