Xerox

2.6 1,361 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,361 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Great work/life balance; being able to work from home, etc"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises or bonuses in the last 3 years, longer for others who have been there longer"
    in 66 reviews
  • "Upper management do not have a clear strategy nor do they communicate it well"
    in 54 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good experience but needs to motivate employees more.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time

ProsWorked with a good manager who trusts the team. We all worked well together. I had the opportunity to have a good leader which is not common within the department. My manager valued the work that I was doing. Although I can see other teams who do not have the same experience with their managers. Some managers are not effective leaders.

ConsHad no pay raise for 3 years that I was there. Need more good leaders and stop micromanaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team more so that will be motivated to perform better.

ACS - A Giant meat market for the unknowing

Direct Express Debit Card Services Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Draper, UT (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for less than a year

ProsIt was a job and nothing more

ConsIt's metrix are completely horrible, and the pay is piece rate and the training is absolutely grueling and terribly long

Advice to Senior ManagementFind another place to work

Good place work as an Intern

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
Webster, NY (US)

I worked at Xerox as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt's wonderful place for internship. You will get paid almost the same as the full-time employee. Usually, an intern will get a very interesting project to work. At the end of the internship, there is a post session just for interns to present their works.

ConsThe company is confusing. Since there is very limit market for printers, people are trying to work in different areas where they are not good at them.

Xerox, ACS Consulting (specific consulting group unmentioned)

Xerox ACS Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge organization with multiple divisions. Opportunity for growth and great a business model. Large group of diverse, knowledgeable talent.

ConsRetention of team members regardless of multiple client and coworker reports of unprofessional/vulgar behavior. Not terminated but moved from team to team to propagate this lack of morality and values within the organization. I would recommend Xerox Consulting as a company but not the specific group I worked in until they "clean house".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't retain unprofessional employees for the sake of having a warm body with a "good" resume. Ursula Burns would have immediately terminated the unprofessional employees on this team and possibly the managers if she had been provided this insight.

Loved my career at Xerox

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsXerox brand is strong and other companies respect your training and skills developed.

ConsCost cutting has become the method to profit; Xerox is struggling to get growth.

Management seems lost

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Wilsonville, OR (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLoved the work and the coworkers around me. Coworkers more than willing to help each other out and very supportive of each other.

ConsA lot of employees acting very busy, but really not working at all. Managers have little connection with their employees, so when it's lay off time, they don't defend the positions, but worry about themselves. Managers don't respect current CEO, and they are not afraid to voice that dissatisfaction. Every meeting I was in there were complaints about "xerox Mothership" and senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring all contractors and retain employees who are willing to work hard for you. The consistent layoffs while contractors stay makes for terrible morale. Dump the managers who have been there 20+ yrs and consistently tell their employees how terrible senior management is and what a terrible company Xerox is to work for. Until consistent layoffs stop, I can't recommend anyone go to work here.

Overall, I have enjoyed working for this company until I was laid off many years of service.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat management, coworkers, customers, salary and benefits.

ConsToo many lay offs and out sourcing of jobs to the 3rd world countries. Very unprofessional about how IRIFs are conducted. Hardly any notice and not good enough explanation from HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management are just as vulnerable about pending lay offs. They are the best that I have worked with.

Good

Senior Define Benefit Associate (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsGood atmosphare, Good for Learning!!!!

ConsNo fix cycle for appraisal,

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to recognise the Good talant in Your Company and then promote them....

Working experience

I have been working at Xerox

ProsGood pay guaranteed 40 hours each week

ConsSupervisors unfair often use favoritism

Hard and frustrating

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Xerox brand and Ursula Burns.

ConsPay freeze (for 5 years) and no growth for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach leadership skills.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,361 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.