Xerox

Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.6 1,610 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights
1,610 Employee Reviews

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Greenock, Scotland

ProsFun colleges, interesting job. Challenging at times but in a good way. You get to do few different things.

ConsVery process driven, micro managing. Not very good chances to advance within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employee's, give more space for personal growth.

The Xerox Experience.....

Manager Operations (Current Employee)

ProsBrilliant place to learn......a lot of things to munch on provided you are one of those who really want to.......

ConsNot a very employee centric organization......ESAT is a term that does not exist......They really need to change the way business is being done..or else competitors will eat them soon.....

Advice to Senior ManagementNot a very employee centric organization......ESAT is a term that does not exist......They really need to change the way business is being done..or else competitors will eat them soon.....

Appalling place to work.

Senior Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThere aren't any pro aspects to working at Xerox, if you're utterly desperate for a job (and you would have to be to consider it), then maybe working for Xerox would tide you over for a few weeks. My advice would be to take their training and leave immediately.

ConsXerox is everything you are hoping to avoid particularly if you are thinking of being one of their field engineers. You'll find the lowest salaries coupled with the highest workload. Xerox has (or had in the past), a BS award for their service levels, but you'll find that the service they pretend to offer doesn't actually happen, if you as an engineer actually delivered these service levels the management would be all over you criticising the amount of money you spent and the slowness of your work. NO ONE NEEDS THIS.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no point in offering advice to these people, they know all about the ghastly environment that is Xerox and none of them have the will or desire to change anything. The one message that needs to be conveyed is to the people that are thinking of going to work there and the message is DON'T... Your family deserves more self respect than having to admit that someone in their family is a Xerox employee... Good Grief.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good policies, poor practices. Zero staff motivation.

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)

ProsGood internal training schemes to take on your own time on things like project management and lean six sigma.
    Good internal policies seem supportive to flexible hours working, maternity/paternity leave, etc
    Company is interested in moving into new areas and does diversify when the opportunity presents itself which can lead to interesting new opportunities.

ConsNo career progression. No pay rises. Staff morale has never been lower. Constant expectation that you will do more, deliver more and improve your skills. Company is more interested in getting new business than servicing the business they have well, teams often left to flounder with no management support.

Getting approval for overtime or any expenses involves a lot of paper work, time, and often the approval of a senior manager in America who will have no idea of the actual location or work being done.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward staff who contribute and stay with the company. Telling people to leave if they want a pay rise or better work does not motivate you to work hard for the company. Which might be slightly more palatable if it was not beside a "do more, constantly improve, cut costs" atmosphere.

Good work life balance in sales, manage your diary & time yourself as long as you bring in results

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Uxbridge, England

ProsCompany trust employees to work from home and manage your own diary if in sales, a lot of on-line learning to develop yourself, great people to work with, safe job, good team environment which is encouraged inside and outside work. New UK MD is dynamic and is very hands on.

ConsWe have had no pay rise in 5 years, too much admin is placed on sales which has been an ongoing frustration for years and results in vastly reduced time to see your clients, new SAP system which was supposed to improve processes has made things worse, getting bogged down with invoice queries due to to inept systems, car allowances are due to go down shortly (even though they haven't been reviewed for 13 years). Lack of legal resource frustrates clients and internal staff alike, and delays deals.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring billing back to the UK to prevent so many customer complaints. Commission structure changed January 2014 which makes it totally impossible to calculate what commission you will earn in a deal due to complex calculations based on profit, which you don't know when putting the deal together - give sales appropriate pay and a simple commission calculation you can understand what you will earn.

It's ok. Very strong heritage and culture, used to be a bit old fashioned but with exciting changes in recent years

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Uxbridge, England

Proswork life balance and compensation is ok; recent changes have brought many more opportunities for personal development

Conssome senior managers have stayed way too long and more ideas from the outside are needed. Loyalty and service years used to be very high and as a result sometimes the company was too inward looking.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in more senior leaders from outside the company and help them succeed. Their ideas and input will help find new ways of working and generating business. Avoid the 'not invented here' syndrome.

Don't do it

Engineer (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsSalary and package was OK, and I could work from home so work / life balance was OK

ConsSome good people, lots of horrible management lackeys who made it their business to know yours and look to make brownie points wherever possible...

Advice to Senior Managementgive up and go home

Directionless, profit oriented with no regard for employee development or incentive scheme

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is an option to work and get paid for overtime but you only receive 'time' for this. Quite supportive and protective of employee when client is seeming to take advantage of your responsibilities or time.

ConsNo career development structure. Inefficient processes and systems with no desire to change, despite feedback and solutions offered. Salary freeze, no annual salary increase even in line with inflation. Poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and invest in your personnel. Offer performance bonus structure to create incentive to staff - at least have an annual salary increase.

Not just a job but a career

Sales Executive (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFairness & Respect
    Second to none training
    Work hard play hard philosophy
    Broad spectrum of job types

ConsBlue chip typical- decisions are not immediate
    Large company means you are a number rather than a person

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you think is correct rather than what you think the organisation wants!

An old dog with no new tricks

Prosfriendly environment, very sociable teams. everyone looks out for one another.

Consthe work lacks mental challenge. there seems to be a lack of progressive ideas. for a company with so much history and reputation the pay is ridiculous my peers earn twice what I do and they do much less, absolutely ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementPast glories can only take you so far, satisfied employees guarantee a profitable and sustainable future in a world economy that is in constant flux. Invest more in your people not just be way of training but actual take-home pay.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!