Xerox

2.6 1,390 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,390 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 87 reviews
  • "Current manager is outstanding and the ability to work from home is a pleasure"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE"
    in 80 reviews
  • "Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not"
    in 59 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not just a job but a career

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFairness & Respect
Second to none training
Work hard play hard philosophy
Broad spectrum of job types

ConsBlue chip typical- decisions are not immediate
Large company means you are a number rather than a person

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you think is correct rather than what you think the organisation wants!

Don't do it

Engineer (Former Employee)
Birmingham, England

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary and package was OK, and I could work from home so work / life balance was OK

ConsSome good people, lots of horrible management lackeys who made it their business to know yours and look to make brownie points wherever possible...

Advice to Senior Managementgive up and go home

Directionless, profit oriented with no regard for employee development or incentive scheme

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere is an option to work and get paid for overtime but you only receive 'time' for this. Quite supportive and protective of employee when client is seeming to take advantage of your responsibilities or time.

ConsNo career development structure. Inefficient processes and systems with no desire to change, despite feedback and solutions offered. Salary freeze, no annual salary increase even in line with inflation. Poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and invest in your personnel. Offer performance bonus structure to create incentive to staff - at least have an annual salary increase.

good experience

Logistician (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is fine to work for them, however, I would prefer working to someone else. Who cares, anyway it is just to pay the bills

ConsIt is a very similar approach to the one of pros. If I have to give any advantages on the job I perform in there, I would say it is not for graduates

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell management to provide employees with a better chance to promote in-house

An old dog with no new tricks

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Prosfriendly environment, very sociable teams. everyone looks out for one another.

Consthe work lacks mental challenge. there seems to be a lack of progressive ideas. for a company with so much history and reputation the pay is ridiculous my peers earn twice what I do and they do much less, absolutely ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementPast glories can only take you so far, satisfied employees guarantee a profitable and sustainable future in a world economy that is in constant flux. Invest more in your people not just be way of training but actual take-home pay.

Lack of respectable leadership, only interested in numbers not remotely interested in staff.

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsColleagues are passionate and care about their customers. There are some very talented and committed people working at Xerox.

Cons'Jobs for the boys' attitude is clear among the senior team. Service delivery senior leadership is non existent, compounded by puzzling appointments of inexperienced people with no management skills into senior roles...? Staff on the ground facing clients are totally demoralised, no pay rises or even cost of living rises in 7 years for majority of staff. Not so much as an email of thanks at Xmas, and nothing but more rumours of car allowance cuts and redundancies this week.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine the people you have in charge, ask for feedback from their teams and take it seriously, there are major issues here. They are letting your wonderful staff and your loyal customers down. Xerox just isn't the company it used to be and all that embarrassing, cringeworthy, back-slapping on the stage at year start didn't fool anyone in the UK. I have worked at Xerox for over 10 years, I know a lot of people in various areas of the business and we all talk. If people don't have their cv's out there already, they are preparing them. The flood gates are opening and Canon, Ricoh, Lexmark are quickly catching you up.

Good initiatives but very poor management who dont know what they want

Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Prospeople are great, work/life balance can be great

Conspoor management, IM deliver to themselves, not to the business...lost focus in what is important, not sure if they are even making a profit or not

Advice to Senior Managementget a clear strategy and follow it, go back to investing in your people and great ideas, thats what made you great!

Not a positive experience as far as the career progresion is concerned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Proseuropean reach
variety of IT platforms - although most is outsourced now
some nice people around - but they are also worn down or waiting for pension

Conscareer progression does not exist
in 5 years of my time i had no pay rise, as a result my benefit package got decimeted by 20%
'you can get the next job mister and more responsability, but no pay rise!!'

Advice to Senior Managementstart telling the truth to the staff please! and stop abusing people just because you can! i think this company needs a srtong workers union as the management is unable and not interested to look after the employee.

Great company

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAn exciting place to work

ConsNot applicable - a dynamic environment

Once world class now coach at best

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat colleagues and they once had a great pension which is being stopped end of 2013
Good senior management in my division

ConsVery low morale, frozen salaries for most, large increases for ursula burns and crew. 20 years service downgraded from a reward to a letter of thanks !. No investment whatsoever for 5 years despite being a very profitable division. No replacement of staff just more work for everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about yourselves and think more of your employees, at least when Anne Mulcahy was around you felt appreciated. No one has any idea of where you are taking the company. I assume you are scared to hand out the employee satisfaction surveys anymore!! I loved this company and I feel you have stripped away everything that made it unique. It is the only company able to sell the whole package, pre sales, sales, service and supplies instead of using that strength you are selling off the end of that cycle and making xerox the same as everyone else. I am delighted to be going to Antalis but very very sad that Xerox ended up this way.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,390 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.