Xerox Reviews

2.5
1,709 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights

Not just a job but a career

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fairness & Respect
    Second to none training
    Work hard play hard philosophy
    Broad spectrum of job types

Cons

Blue chip typical- decisions are not immediate
    Large company means you are a number rather than a person

Do what you think is correct rather than what you think the organisation wants!

An old dog with no new tricks

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly environment, very sociable teams. everyone looks out for one another.

Cons

the work lacks mental challenge. there seems to be a lack of progressive ideas. for a company with so much history and reputation the pay is ridiculous my peers earn twice what I do and they do much less, absolutely ridiculous

Past glories can only take you so far, satisfied employees guarantee a profitable and sustainable future in a world economy that is in constant flux. Invest more in your people not just be way of training but actual take-home pay.

good experience

Current Employee - Logistician  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Logistician in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is fine to work for them, however, I would prefer working to someone else. Who cares, anyway it is just to pay the bills

Cons

It is a very similar approach to the one of pros. If I have to give any advantages on the job I perform in there, I would say it is not for graduates

I would tell management to provide employees with a better chance to promote in-house

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of respectable leadership, only interested in numbers not remotely interested in staff.

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Colleagues are passionate and care about their customers. There are some very talented and committed people working at Xerox.

Cons

'Jobs for the boys' attitude is clear among the senior team. Service delivery senior leadership is non existent, compounded by puzzling appointments of inexperienced people with no management skills into senior roles...? Staff on the ground facing clients are totally demoralised, no pay rises or even cost of living rises in 7 years for majority of staff. Not so much as an email of thanks at Xmas, and nothing but more rumours of car allowance cuts and redundancies this week.

Examine the people you have in charge, ask for feedback from their teams and take it seriously, there are major issues here. They are letting your wonderful staff and your loyal customers down. Xerox just isn't the company it used to be and all that embarrassing, cringeworthy, back-slapping on the stage at year start didn't fool anyone in the UK. I have worked at Xerox for over 10 years, I know a lot of people in various areas of the business and we all talk. If people don't have their cv's out there already, they are preparing them. The flood gates are opening and Canon, Ricoh, Lexmark are quickly catching you up.

Good initiatives but very poor management who dont know what they want

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager  in  Uxbridge, England
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

people are great, work/life balance can be great

Cons

poor management, IM deliver to themselves, not to the business...lost focus in what is important, not sure if they are even making a profit or not

get a clear strategy and follow it, go back to investing in your people and great ideas, thats what made you great!

Not a positive experience as far as the career progresion is concerned

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Uxbridge, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

european reach
    variety of IT platforms - although most is outsourced now
    some nice people around - but they are also worn down or waiting for pension

Cons

career progression does not exist
    in 5 years of my time i had no pay rise, as a result my benefit package got decimeted by 20%
    'you can get the next job mister and more responsability, but no pay rise!!'

start telling the truth to the staff please! and stop abusing people just because you can! i think this company needs a srtong workers union as the management is unable and not interested to look after the employee.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Uxbridge, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

An exciting place to work

Cons

Not applicable - a dynamic environment

Once world class now coach at best

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great colleagues and they once had a great pension which is being stopped end of 2013
    Good senior management in my division

Cons

Very low morale, frozen salaries for most, large increases for ursula burns and crew. 20 years service downgraded from a reward to a letter of thanks !. No investment whatsoever for 5 years despite being a very profitable division. No replacement of staff just more work for everyone else.

Stop thinking about yourselves and think more of your employees, at least when Anne Mulcahy was around you felt appreciated. No one has any idea of where you are taking the company. I assume you are scared to hand out the employee satisfaction surveys anymore!! I loved this company and I feel you have stripped away everything that made it unique. It is the only company able to sell the whole package, pre sales, sales, service and supplies instead of using that strength you are selling off the end of that cycle and making xerox the same as everyone else. I am delighted to be going to Antalis but very very sad that Xerox ended up this way.

Unclear strategy, resulting in misled management and questionable HR practices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People, challenge of change and opportunity to achieve great things

Cons

No acknowledge,ent of the people, or their achievements

Refocus on your people and on doing great things through differentiation, currently you're too wound up with keeping pace with the competition, and you're losing your heart

Great and Fantastic Place

Former Employee - Reprographics Specialist  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Reprographics Specialist in London, England

I worked at Xerox as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

great benefits and leave package

Cons

I was working at the busiest time of the year so struggled with traffic

great people available to support and guide

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!