Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,832 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 112 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 115 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Good policies, poor practices. Zero staff motivation.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Xerox full-time

Pros

Good internal training schemes to take on your own time on things like project management and lean six sigma.
    Good internal policies seem supportive to flexible hours working, maternity/paternity leave, etc
    Company is interested in moving into new areas and does diversify when the opportunity presents itself which can lead to interesting new opportunities.

Cons

No career progression. No pay rises. Staff morale has never been lower. Constant expectation that you will do more, deliver more and improve your skills. Company is more interested in getting new business than servicing the business they have well, teams often left to flounder with no management support.

Getting approval for overtime or any expenses involves a lot of paper work, time, and often the approval of a senior manager in America who will have no idea of the actual location or work being done.

Reward staff who contribute and stay with the company. Telling people to leave if they want a pay rise or better work does not motivate you to work hard for the company. Which might be slightly more palatable if it was not beside a "do more, constantly improve, cut costs" atmosphere.

Don't do it

Former Employee - Engineer in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Engineer in Birmingham, England

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary and package was OK, and I could work from home so work / life balance was OK

Cons

Some good people, lots of horrible management lackeys who made it their business to know yours and look to make brownie points wherever possible...

give up and go home

Not just a job but a career

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fairness & Respect
    Second to none training
    Work hard play hard philosophy
    Broad spectrum of job types

Cons

Blue chip typical- decisions are not immediate
    Large company means you are a number rather than a person

Do what you think is correct rather than what you think the organisation wants!

Directionless, profit oriented with no regard for employee development or incentive scheme

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is an option to work and get paid for overtime but you only receive 'time' for this. Quite supportive and protective of employee when client is seeming to take advantage of your responsibilities or time.

Cons

No career development structure. Inefficient processes and systems with no desire to change, despite feedback and solutions offered. Salary freeze, no annual salary increase even in line with inflation. Poor management.

Develop and invest in your personnel. Offer performance bonus structure to create incentive to staff - at least have an annual salary increase.

An old dog with no new tricks

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

friendly environment, very sociable teams. everyone looks out for one another.

Cons

the work lacks mental challenge. there seems to be a lack of progressive ideas. for a company with so much history and reputation the pay is ridiculous my peers earn twice what I do and they do much less, absolutely ridiculous

Past glories can only take you so far, satisfied employees guarantee a profitable and sustainable future in a world economy that is in constant flux. Invest more in your people not just be way of training but actual take-home pay.

good experience

Current Employee - Logistician in London, England
    Current Employee - Logistician in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is fine to work for them, however, I would prefer working to someone else. Who cares, anyway it is just to pay the bills

Cons

It is a very similar approach to the one of pros. If I have to give any advantages on the job I perform in there, I would say it is not for graduates

I would tell management to provide employees with a better chance to promote in-house

Lack of respectable leadership, only interested in numbers not remotely interested in staff.

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues are passionate and care about their customers. There are some very talented and committed people working at Xerox.

Cons

'Jobs for the boys' attitude is clear among the senior team. Service delivery senior leadership is non existent, compounded by puzzling appointments of inexperienced people with no management skills into senior roles...? Staff on the ground facing clients are totally demoralised, no pay rises or even cost of living rises in 7 years for majority of staff. Not so much as an email of thanks at Xmas, and nothing but more rumours of car allowance cuts and redundancies this week.

Examine the people you have in charge, ask for feedback from their teams and take it seriously, there are major issues here. They are letting your wonderful staff and your loyal customers down. Xerox just isn't the company it used to be and all that embarrassing, cringeworthy, back-slapping on the stage at year start didn't fool anyone in the UK. I have worked at Xerox for over 10 years, I know a lot of people in various areas of the business and we all talk. If people don't have their cv's out there already, they are preparing them. The flood gates are opening and Canon, Ricoh, Lexmark are quickly catching you up.

Good initiatives but very poor management who dont know what they want

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Uxbridge, England
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

people are great, work/life balance can be great

Cons

poor management, IM deliver to themselves, not to the business...lost focus in what is important, not sure if they are even making a profit or not

get a clear strategy and follow it, go back to investing in your people and great ideas, thats what made you great!

Not a positive experience as far as the career progresion is concerned

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

european reach
    variety of IT platforms - although most is outsourced now
    some nice people around - but they are also worn down or waiting for pension

Cons

career progression does not exist
    in 5 years of my time i had no pay rise, as a result my benefit package got decimeted by 20%
    'you can get the next job mister and more responsability, but no pay rise!!'

start telling the truth to the staff please! and stop abusing people just because you can! i think this company needs a srtong workers union as the management is unable and not interested to look after the employee.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An exciting place to work

Cons

Not applicable - a dynamic environment