adidas Group

adidas Group Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer

Herbert Hainer

Pros
  • Laid back and sports centered environment, where work-life balance is given emphasis(in 20 reviews)

• Awesome work environment great world renowned brand(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager(in 8 reviews)

• senior management are out of touch with their employees; make them feel like they are incompetent(in 8 reviews)

Intern COE Retail

Intern Retail Strategy (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment on campus like HQ. Supportive and inspirational managers

ConsHighly structured and a good job does not result in a full time position

Don't feel apart of something, just another sales person.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) London, England

ProsWorldwide Comapny with vast diverse range of products and outlooks.

ConsTotal miscommunication throughout the company leading to mixed messages going out for release dates and when this information proves wrong either down to a short delay or most of the times the date being shifted for several months it not only portrays a unstable company it also comes across to the customer that staff seem distrusting and end up loosing credibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet coherent communication and branding strategy throughout, take notice of entry level staff and make them feel apart of something.

Good place to work

ProsGood opportunities, along with work life balance.

ConsLarge corporation brings different challenges

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice plact to work, but very underpaid

Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) Stockport, England

Prosfree gym, free parking, great people to work with, get to meet some sporting stars, nice environment with the new office building.

Consnot enough money for the responcibilty, too many managers, too much work for the head count on the floor, managers are recognised but not the staff

Advice to Senior Managementmore appreciation should be given as the responcibilty put on staff far outways the salary's paid.

It is great working for the brand, there is always something to learn !

Manager (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

Prosinformal work culture , supportive teams, perks & fringe benefits are good.

Consnon value adding discussions take away good time

Great Career Learning Experience

Team Leader (Former Employee) Central Valley, NY (US)

ProsI began my career here as a 16 year old working in a store that was making about 5 million dollars per year. I worked here throughout high school, on and off when returning for summer vacation from colleges and on long breaks, and then returned full time to assume a management level role at the completion of college. By the time I stepped into a management role, I had seen, and been a part of, this store growing to roughly a 12 million dollar top 5 outlet in the United States for adidas. Throughout my journey I had great mentors in leadership roles, specifically assistant store managers, but did see a revolving door of store managers. The leaders imposed a great, corporate designed, training program upon associates. But unfortunately it fell upon associates to delve deeper into the training since daily tasks, responsibilities, and overall traffic in the store kept managers extremely busy.

As an adidas associate, you have countless opportunities throughout the day to interact with guests and convert them into customers. It is a great training ground for people who are looking to get into a more professional sales role in the future. On the other side, adidas does provide the opportunity to be a long term employee and make a career in retail, or transitioning into a career on the corporate side of the company.

Overall, this was a great place to work, a company with incredible products, great people, flexible schedules, an extremely challenging environment (although this depends on which store you work at), and great advancement opportunities.

Cons- As with any retailer, you generally work all weekends and holidays.
    - Store managers never lasted more than a year or two.
    - Salary started low and raises were very low
    - Technology used within the store (POS) (Receiving Guns) (Price Lookup Guns) were outdated or constantly crashing.

Advice to Senior Management- Convert your top talent to higher paid, salaried employees. You'll get more out of them (There were numerous days where I wanted to work, and work, and work, or come in an extra day to get a head but lack of OT opportunities, and already working a 40/hr week prevented that).

Young performant Environment with challenging opportunities

Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) Herzogenaurach (Germany)

ProsGood working Environment with the possibility to have good work-life Balance. Opportunity to take on challenges in an multi-cultural Environment. International Setup of the Organisation provides enough room to build your individual strength in a certain area. (e.g. Sales, IT, Legal)

ConsIn technical Areas there is strong Focus on Project Management with the loss of technical Expertise therefore high dependency on external contractors.

Great company to work with!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsGreat work environment, great employee discounts, opportunity to work in a true multiculture environment, flexi work, good benefits, emphasis on work life balance

ConsShared services support to be further fine tuned. More humanistics factors to be considered.
    Training can be provided more

Advice to Senior ManagementValue people who are passion for the Company and appreciate talents they have in adidas Group

Limited Opportunities

Team Leader (Current Employee)

Pros- Great benefits that include paid time off, 401k and a discount on merchandise
    - Fun atmosphere in the store environment with a lot of friendly people
    - Flexible schedules where you will most always be given the time off you need

Cons- Expectations are very vague and limited. Not a challenging environment where you may get bored with work and feel you have been there and done that.
    - No one stays with the company. Store manager and multi unit management turnover is so high you can expect a completely different set of managers on a yearly basis
    - Multi-Unit managers are not focused on growing the business by growing their people
    - Customer service is a secondary focus to store tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementMake good hiring decisions and develop your leaders. There will continue to be a revolving door of personnel until the focus shifts to truely developing instead of using it as a talking point.

Probably Great If You Are Executive-Level

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Brantford, ON (Canada)

Pros-great team to work with-- kind, patient, fun individuals
    -provide regular 40-hr workweek with over time regularly available
    -company gives a great staff discount on their products, as well as providing cold, filtered water stations throughout the facility and free coffee/tea/cappuccino drinks for everyone

Cons-company fails to provide adequate equipment and supplies for staffers to do their work satisfactorily
    -company cares about its image far more than they do about the people who work for them, which makes perfect sense considering every item of clothing and piece of sporting gear that bears their name is made in a sweat shop
    -pay/compensation is poor

Worked for adidas Group? Contribute to the Community!