alliantgroup, LP

alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX US

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Dhaval R. Jadav

69 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great memories of working here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

ProsThis was my first job our of college so my pay was minimal, but the experience was good. Almost like working for a fraternity. They are serious about their work, but have A LOT of fun at the same time. Met a ton of great people and am appreciative for the experience.

ConsIf you left at 5 you were looked down upon. They did not appreciate "clock watchers." Expected to work long hours. No management at the time had kids so they were not understanding of a life/work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure many things have changed, but I know management was fairly immature at the time. Balance the work and fun more.

You Poor Unfortunate Souls

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

ProsI have met some amazing people while working at alliantgroup. The food being brought in is thoughtful but there should be a healthy option everyday.

ConsI would first like to start by saying I did find some wonderful friendships, I learned a tremendous amount about myself and about what I expect out of an employer. I am a strong and capable worker so none of the "if you are lazy and not a top performer" bs doesn't apply to me. You can be a strong, responsible, hard working top performer and still despise going to work at alliantgroup everyday. Which, in all honesty you should despise wasting your talents and energy in a company that could not care less about you as an employee or human being. You are a slave to alliantgroup. You will have zero work-life balance. You WILL be expected to stay late. I am not talking 7 or 7:30, that's reasonable, oh no, you will be there until 8, 10, 12 o'clock sometimes even out of tax season. Heaven forbid you leave on time. Shame on you for having a life and not drinking the "alliantgroup kool-aid" PS you WILL gain weight. And, you WILL be berated in front of your colleagues.Those are just the general cons you will see everyday.

I am intelligent, I have a degree, and I work hard. I bet you do too, but that won't stop management (project managers training you, team directors, CRA leads, senior management, Business Directors) from screaming and belittling you, at a high volume, in front of an audience. If you mess up, own it and deal with it there is a 40% chance you won't be screamed at. Word to Management-let it die after that, no need to keep bringing it up months later just to make someone feel bad when you are having a power trip. If you didn't mess up, well sorry for you, you still did. You will be yelled at and belittle for arbitrary learning mistakes (training is quick, don't miss a word or you'll be effed). You will be screamed at for things your trainee, team director, cra did and now you are accountable for it because you are an easy fall guy. The poor PC's and DE employees get the brunt of almost all the hate. The pm could have clearly messed up and bad. Well, as a PC you better hope to god you saved all your emails with explicit detail into what you were told to do/not do. And as a DE member, its a good thing you have so many checks and balances because when those PM's don't calculate the credit correctly it will now be your fault. QC members, sucks for you too. Luckily you have a little more say and can defend yourselves and your work.

Hey, I have an idea, let's take the mistakes that happen and turn them into learning opportunities. Let's (NICELY) try and guide, train, encourage and teach our team members the correct process in completing any action. Let's NOT guilt trip, yell at, belittle, make each other cry over titling the subject line of an email wrong. Noone needs a 45 minute lecture over silly mistakes. Address the issue, teach someone the correct way (with respect), then move on.

Note to anyone who has somebody "supporting" them. Treat people with respect and dignity. (If this is ever happens I will probably fall over dead.) We are human beings who deserve to be treated with respect and common decency. We are not your slaves. Noone should be living in fear while at work. If I treat you with respect I expect the same in return. You shouldn't speak down to those who are helping you do your job everyday. I am not an idiot, I am not a dog and I am not your bch. Please and thank you will go further than hatefulness and disrespect. If you can't do your job without me why treat me in a manner that makes me want to leave work mid-day? Why are you going to expect everyone to do everything for you when you berate them and make them feel bad about themselves? Eventually you will run out of favors, just ask all the team directors who were demoted. (Except one, who is a kind man, he was demoted for being nice, figures) PS to those who are "back in power" or new to it, savor it, nothing will last forever. Or, try being respectful and getting the most out of happy employees, that will get you farther in life.

Let's cut it out with the ridiculous expectations and requests. Noone can sustain working 65-80 hour work weeks and perform at a high-level. I respect and expect high-performance from myself and others. That does not mean work 70 hours a week just to stay above the drowning line. Don't give people so many clients (60 is ridiculous), work them 70 hours a week, dump 30 projects in a newly promoted "associates" lap. You are setting your employees up for failure. In all honestly, I think management does this on purpose. The turnover is high because noone can get everything done and live up to the expectations. If everyone had a smaller study load then management would have to actually treat people as if they are human beings and that is just not how they like to play. I'm sure HR would love it if all senior management was replaced so they wouldn't have to hide so many HR violations.

A note to project managers-I love most of you but some of you need to remove your head from your a. You are not God, you are not curing cancer, you are not saving the world, and for the love of humanity you are not the smartest person to ever be born. It infuriates me to no end when I hear PM's walking around talking about all PC's, DE, CRA's are "dumb" or "stupid". Thank you for insulting my intelligence and demeaning all the hard work I do for you everyday. If we are so "stupid" why are we filling out all your information needed to "calculate" the credit, write your case studies, or write your status updates? You trust us to take care of that for you but "that's PC work" is said condescendingly on a daily basis.

As I have previously said, I work hard everyday with excellent work product. My work ethic is tremendous which is why I will succeed even in adverse situations like alliantgroup. Had I been treated with respect and dignity maybe I would still be there but I found my way out. To all my friends still suck at alliantgroup, you poor unfortunate souls, there are other opportunities out there don't drink their kool-aid!

PS-When you ask someone to get you a form and they bring you extra (because it will be needed in the future) you shouldn't yell at them at the top of your lungs that you only asked for one and that listening to details is important (for 20 minutes), then mess up on the one form you would take and ask for another. That's called being proactive not ignoring instructions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the senior management. Start fresh with kind humans not dementours who suck out your soul with every lie they tell.

If you can't get rid of them try giving respect.

Awesome People and a High performance culture with high expectations.

Senior Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFinding and saving money for small and mid-size businesses
Company is growing
Great co-workers
Room to advance
Rewarded IF you perform
Fast-paced environment

ConsLong Hours
Not enough employees for amount of work
Management is young and needs more training
Steep learning curve

Long Hours and Hard Work - Great Benefits

Project Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

ProsHealth Benefits, causal dress code, lunches/dinners, off season perks

There is a lot of pros if you are able to put your career above anything else. There is room for growth with a very high learning curve. This is a very challenging job that requires lots of effort and perseverance that can reward you handsomely.

ConsLong hours. heavy work load, communication, very little work life balance, turnover

Advice to Senior Managementget on the same page with other departments and get more training

Why did I accept a job here?

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros$5 for lunch each day, serious overtime possibilites, great starting pay for entry level professionals, met some great people working there

ConsHonestly, almost everything...
Overtime is definitely required and never optional
Do not value your personal life whatsoever
Horrible transparency policy
Employees are afraid to discuss certain issues with upper management b/c they may be fired the next day
High high high turnover rate...I have never seen so many people come and go in such a short period of time. My first week there, 7 people quit.
Mangement does not value employees at all, they just need hands to actually get the job done
High level stress environment
The so called managers are rude and undermining. The way they are allowed to speak to one another is unheard of. I couldn't believe how some of the upper management was treating/speaking to project coordinators, client relations associates, etc.
Favortism is a huge norm here

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to seriously consider the way this company is ran. There is a lot of potential in your employees , but you don't even begin to tap into that. Almost everyone is unhappy and over worked. If you don't figure how to appreciate your employees, and not by just buying them food, you will continue to lose great people.

Amazing company with truly incredible people

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmazing and talented people. Result-oriented culture that rewards those that break the mold and challenge the status quo. The passion for client service, passion for growth and team-based environment gives alliantgroup an incredible edge. There are clear expectations, performance planning and feedback and coaching for those that have the commitment, perseverance, and hunger to succeed!

ConsThere are no cons to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does an great job of investing in its people. Management coaches, molds, and inspires - keep it up!

You Get What You Put In

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-high performance environment
-work with really intelligent individuals
- you're always learning new things (my biggest fear is being bored so this has been the perfect company for me)
-if you are passionate about what you do and put in the effort, you will be rewarded well
-the culture (you develop strong friendships because of all the fun and engaging activities that the Company holds)

ConsI've read through a lot of the reviews on here and although I am baffled by the negative ones, I can see how alliantgroup is not for everyone. If you want a job purely to check in, check out and float through life without being engaged- don't join this company. This is definitely not somewhere you go just to collect a paycheck and have a mind numbing day. You join this company if you want to really enjoy what you do, be engaged and like to be challenged.

It's not a 9-5 job. There are some days you work longer hours and some days you work shorter hours but when you enjoy what you're doing, time flies by either way.

The most abusive, unhealthy environment I have ever experienced in a workplace.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

ProsMet some really great people that I remain friends with, and for that I’m thankful. However, I have never felt so belittled, bullied, and beleaguered as I did when I worked at Alliantgroup. Yeah, that was alliteration. I went there.

Heads up, every single one of the 5 Star Reviews you’ll read here is from somebody who got an internal award or promotion at Alliantgroup. They are required to write one upon receiving such an accolade.

As for the negative reviews, they are all true. I did not believe them when I took the job, figuring those particular people just had a bad experience personally. Upon accepting the position I quickly realized these negative experiences are across the board. Every single person (including the very higher-ups causing the issues) is miserable, and most are actively looking for another job. The amount of turnover is unheard of.

Do. Not. Take. A. Job. Here.

If you do, to quote Arrested Development, you will have made a “huge mistake”.

ConsThis company was sold to me as a “young professional, work hard/play hard, Google-type” environment. So, perhaps naively, I assumed the company would actually live up to the expectations it set during the interviews. I came in expecting to work my butt off yet be rewarded or at least mildly appreciated for it. This assumption was so far from the truth I’m surprised the interviewers weren’t snickering as they lied straight to my face.

I thought I had seen everything that could be wrong about a workplace prior to taking this job. From the illegal billing practices to next-level insane micromanagement, my experience at Alliantgroup taught me new and improved ways to foster an abusive environment and run a company completely into the ground.

For those considering taking at job at Alliantgroup, allow me to educate you:

1. How to succeed at Alliantgroup.

This company consistently pushes away its top performers in favor of employees who will put more effort into cheerleading than doing their jobs. I have certainly worked at companies where the employees who drank the kool-aid also consistently worked the hardest out of anybody. There’s nothing wrong with towing the party line because you want to do a great job. The problem is when the company does not care about the “great job” and rewards only those blindly touting its supposed merits.

The focus at Alliantgroup is not doing good work. Nor is it doing mediocre work, nor is it working at all. You will get in trouble for leaving on time, even if your work is done. Prepare to be interrogated about every single detail of your day--by more than one person. Please note that nobody cares if you are actually working, the higher ups are only concerned with the amount of (billable) hours you take while maintaining the illusion of working. Even if you’re looking at Pinterest until 10pm, wasting the company’s time and the client’s money is a job well done at Alliantgroup.

Which brings us to…

2. Meetings.

You will have one nearly every day, and the topics on the agenda will never get covered. Rather, your department will be expected to trap itself in a conference room for 3 hours in order for the managing director to get his kicks by publicly calling out specific people for imagined lack of performance. When an executive has no concrete issue for which to bully you, he or she will either take a personal jab or manufacture a situation in which you are pushed to react and then belittle you for taking things too seriously. God forbid if you have a legitimate question to ask, you will be called an idiot for not already knowing the answer. Shame on you for trying to learn.

This is textbook manipulation, by the way, and the amount of it across all levels and job titles is unbelievable. It is worse than a 5th grade playground. I witnessed on several occasions the head of our department outright lying to members of project teams in order to pit them against each other. To what end I have yet to figure out the purpose or usefulness of such tactics. It certainly did not serve to foster team building or even promote productivity. In fact, the sheer amount of time required to serve face was an active deterrent to efficiency as well as morale.

I should have run when, on my first day, we were stuck in one such meeting until 10:30pm and an executive took the entire evening to yell at one person and force her to defend herself. Even as a new employee, I couldn’t figure out what she had done wrong, just that she was in the hot seat for whatever reason the capricious executive had decided to pick that day.

3. Micromanagement.

You would assume that a company, upon hiring a person to do a job, would expect that person to do that job.

At Alliantgroup, you would be wrong.

If you choose to work there, you will be regularly interrogated about the basic tasks you accomplish throughout the day by multiple levels of management. Apparently it’s crucial to the inner workings of the entire company that these overseers know the detailed minutiae of even the most mundane to-do items. The management does not believe its employees to be “capable” (direct quote) of handling their work. Thus, the peons must be micromanaged.

Expect angry emails at 2am demanding to know the status of a project, no matter that it can be easily found on the company-wide server or even--crazy idea--dealt with during work hours. Expect to send a spreadsheet detailing every single thing you’ve accomplished for the day within an inch of how many bathroom breaks you’ve taken to an executive who receives over 200 such emails and has no intentions of ever reading it. This meaningless process will take you over an hour. Which, of course, also means extra time to bill to each of the applicable clients. Management has zero interest in maximizing the efficiency of this practice, by the way. Any attempt to streamline the process into even a weekly status report rather than daily is an undertaking rivaling that of Sisyphus.

Bonus Takeaways:

If you try to maximize the efficiency of anything at Alliantgroup, go ahead and pack up your desk because you will be let go.

If you try to request time off, pack up your desk because you will be let go.

If you spend more time working than trying to get an invite to paintball with your boss, you will be accused of “not trying hard enough to build a relationship” with him regardless of your attempts to get on his calendar in order to touch base, so you better pack up your desk because you will be let go.

If you play the game well, do your job, and tow the party line, the company will still be losing money to its ill-advised investment into the new building and multiple major lawsuits, so pack up your desk because you will be let go.

Alliantgroup is and always will be a lose-lose situation.

My only regret is not eating more of the mediocre free food (Café Express!) while I had the chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe level of incompetence at Alliantgroup is astounding. Read an actual book (they even come in digital form now) on managing people. You couldn’t handle a pet rock, much less a team of capable professionals.

You clearly think you can stay afloat on a consistently revolving door of recent college grads, but eventually that tactic will drain your resources. Enjoy your mandatory “raves”, the money will not last forever.

DISSAPOINTMENT WAS SO YESTERDAY

I'm NOT In Management, I'll Say That (Current Employee)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

ProsFirst off… No One told me to write this. This was triggered when I was interviewing a candidate; talent acquisition came to me and said that my candidate declined a second interview, I was shocked and disappointed at the same time because my skillset is very unique and only 3 other people in this company can do what I do. I questioned “Was it because I told him that this isn’t your typical “8a-5p” job?” She replied, “No, we got hit pretty hard on glass door.” So I went and read the reviews, with a doleful look and to my dismay I wanted to write to all you future, current and past alliantgroup employees.

These people on here are clearly disappointed. Disappointment and expectations go together. The greater your expectations are – the greater the disappointment (my candidate for example). Disappointment is a cousin of courage. Courage comes before the action, to be COURAGEOUS is to be prepared, to have faith in your abilities to succeed, to put aside doubt and fear when tackling the difficult, and to have an understanding of what our culture is like and reality – these people evidently did not understand our culture.

Disappointment plays a role in failure, and honestly that is why these people are not here. PERIOD. This is a high-performance culture, you either get it – or – you don’t. Even I have been told that I was not a “High-performer” but in my mind I am, did that let that stop me… NO! It made me want it more. That mentality is welcomed here and that is why I am still here and will continue to grow, because as much as I work on my professional growth, it strengthens my personal growth as well.

When you are coping with reality not being what you “hoped”, the quickest way out of your situation is to put the experience behind you. Blaming others and living in the past is reliving the pain and reinforcing it- in time you become bitter and cynical about your talents and your future.

To Current Employees: If you are unhappy – LEAVE. You deserve the best, this place isn’t for you, it’s ok, and you can leave, make room for people who do want to be here! Why collect a paycheck, why eat their food, why go on company outings (which is regularly), why participate on golf scrambles and trips and all the special things that they do for us? You people are the clear definition of “INSANE” because you are repeating the same action and expecting a different result or some miracle to happen and let’s be honest… you all are low-performers and it’s time pack up your nice desk, say good bye to the cool people you have met, the nice bonus’ that you get at the end of the year, the extravagant parties that you so much enjoy being part of. You’re bitter and cynical, the reason you are on board is because you do reap the ‘benefits’ that alliantgroup has to offer.

To Prior Disgruntled Employees: Your disappointment is on you and only you. It is clearly defined what our culture is, and you didn’t succeed. Bottom line. Own it. Change for the future. Lesson Learned (hopefully)

I have worked in the corporate and service industry for over 15 years. I have some credibility, I’ve been at the bottom and I’ve been at the top. I don’t always make sense, I mess up, I make mistakes and I’m stubborn…I’ve been told this by senior management myself. Stubborn people have an advantage when they channel their stubbornness into positive action. We simply refuse to give up, settle for less and keep trying! THAT is the type of person that needs to work here. If you want to be challenged, rewarded, make great friends, be around the prodigious people in this industry that we serve then this is for you.

I’ll leave with this: Disappointment belongs to YESTERDAY – to hold on to it is to invite future failure. Not having it your way 100% is life. To expect perfection in any form is denying reality. The reality is 1) you’re either unhappy and need to take responsibility of your future or 2) stop bad-mouthing a company in which you feel “disappointed” – Move On. It was SOOO YESTERDAY!

Great Health Benefits
Lots of Perks
Rewarded for good performance
Based on a metric system of set deliverables
Awesome vacation (can only take during certain months but it is a TAX company)
Professional Growth
Personal Growth
If you don't fit in one place they will put you in another if you ask
Work among highly intelligent motivated people
Quarterly Team Building Outings

ConsIf you are looking for that 80-20 O&G work it's not for you this is 9-6, lunches and dinners paid for you. People who say they can't leave... BS, I leave to go walk every day - we are even building a gym in our building which I will be at every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get with Talent Acquisition and make sure you all are on the right page. Houston is growing rapidly no reason we can't have amazing talent at alliantgroup. TA is now on the right path. Skill set and Culture is huge. Honestly you should look for people that have been in the "client service industry" while going through school.

They work hard, they are used to long hours and would be very appreciative of all the perks this company has to give.

Mean Girls Meets Wannabe Wolf of Wall Street

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP as a contractor for less than a year

Pros1. Free food. If you don't mind getting fat. Sometimes provided as many as 3 times a day. Which means without a doubt that your boss expects you to work through every meal.

2. The company "promotes transparency". Welcome to your glass cubicle, where everyone can and will be spying on you. Favoritism and snitching is not only valued but is promoted and initiated by supervisors.

3. If you are male, you might be given the opportunity for growth within the company. If you are female, you might be given the opportunity to move around within the company to various positions, but your career will definitely not see any growth.

ConsLet me tell you a story…..

Poor little alliantgroup, forced to lie and con people into believing that this might be a great company to work for! This company is in cahoots with various staffing companies, so for your own sake, take heed of red flags. Also note, that when an employee of alliantgroup wins an internal award they are REQUIRED to write a positive review of the company online. Those will be the only positive reviews you will ever find about this company.

Red flag: You will be painted a picture that alliantgroup is the next "Google". That alliantgroup has a young fun culture; where the amount of time and effort you put in as an employee will directly impact your career. That your career is in your hands and you can make what you want of it. That drive and professionalism are valued characteristics. You might believe this for a while, but when you're done drinking the kool-aide, you will begin to see the truth. And trust me, the kool-aide always runs out….

Red Flag: Working for the firm in the Wolf of Wall Street would have been a more accurate description of this company. However, imagine that all of your supervisors are Regina George, but not nearly as pretty or skinny. Also imagine that all of their assistants are Gretchen Wieners, plotting how to get closer to their boss and how to get you out of the picture. Lastly, imagine you get paid a lot less. A LOT LESS. Now are you starting to see the picture?

Red Flag: The only people who are permanent/full time employees are those who are hired directly. If you were hired through a staffing agency you can bet ALL of your pretty pennies that you are temp-to-hire. Your agency will tell you to your face that you were hired directly, but once you try to turn in a time sheet, alliantgroup will tell you that you’re not, and you need to fill out the correct “temp-to-hire” timesheet. Welcome to the world of deception! Put nicely.

Red Flag: Should you chose to continue to work for alliantgroup as a temp-to-hire, under the assumption that they will honor your contract and hire you permanently upon its’ completion, assume otherwise. alliantgroup will not hire you, nor many others permanently because they don’t know when you will stop drinking the kool-aide. When you do start to see the reality of it all, should you choose to respect yourself and your career and stand up for yourself, they will fire you. And they certainly don’t want to have to pay you unemployment, disregard that you never had any benefits to begin with, that’s out of the picture.

Red Flag: You will have to beg for time off. You absolutely will have to beg for it, and if you get it, you will be made to feel guilt about it regardless of the fact that you are taking time off WITH OUT pay. Feel bad, you’re a baaaaad person!

Red Flag: Don’t get to close to anyone; if you do they will separate you. This will either happen by moving you to a new department, a different floor, or firing one of you.

BEST WORDS OF ADVICE:
Interview at alliantgroup, there’s a 99% chance that you will be hired. Then use their offer as leverage to get a better job somewhere else.

For those of you who still choose to go ahead and “see what it’s like for yourself” to work at alliantgroup, Glassdoor will be here for you when it’s over and you desperately want some one to know the truth.

Advice to Senior Management1. When you tell your employees that you have an "open door policy", you might want to add that this policy applies only to your favorite employees.
2. The amount of bribes you dole out will never be able to keep the great employees from walking away.
3. The amount of money you make does not equal the amount of success you have managing your employees.
4. If you hired a person to do a job, you should expect that they can do it on their own. Otherwise why don't you just do both jobs if you're going to micromanage.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at alliantgroup, LP reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for alliantgroup, LP CEO Dhaval R. Jadav. All 69 reviews posted anonymously by alliantgroup, LP employees.