alliantgroup, LP

Updated 23 January 2015
Updated 23 January 2015
3.1

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

111 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Changed my life, in more ways than one.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to develop a career, and advance in a high performance culture. If you like being challenged, and are willing to put in the work, the possibilities are endless! Executive Management is constantly collaborating on ways to further invest in their employees, train them to the best of their ability, and show them that they are valued. This company has helped me in my personal and professional growth. I'm married, and have a baby on the way, and I have received unbelievable support from upper management; even in hard times, my husband and I have always been treated like family. While it hasn't been easy, you'll be given all the training and tools that you could possibly ask for to succeed!

Cons

The only con I see is that there are employees that have the wrong perception, and aren't speaking up! Reach out to upper management, elevate your concerns, and you'll always be treated with respect and courtesy!

Keep investing in your employees, and our company will continue to grow beyond our expectations!

Breath of friggin fresh air!!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working in various industries for the past 8 years. For the last 2 companies I have worked for, they claimed their culture to be unique and progressive; ultimately they were boring, stale and reminded me of a post-apocalyptic zombie world. then, as funny as it sounds, my life changed when I joined alliantgroup. Culture is key at this company and it is practiced every day. Who can argue against a culture that promotes investment in people, merit based performance, positive energy, exceptional client service...and to have fun...really having fun is a core value for this organization. For those that strive for excellence, this is seriously nirvana...you are continuously challenged and if you have a problem you can go directly to upper management and discuss your situation without fear of reprisal like every other large traditional company.

Cons

ran out of powerade in the awesome fountain machines..just sayin we need a fill up.

Keep pushing and challenging me and my colleagues. its actually quite remarkable the lifelong skills sets you develop at this organization.

I don't get it...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There's a real sense of community at this company. In the years I have been here, I have made many long term friendships who are now like family. You really get what you put in which is why I don't get a lot of the negative reviews.

It's not a free handout - but no real job or any job with a real career track is easy. I can only guess that some people who had such a bad experience, has had no prior jobs.

I have worked elsewhere and know what it can be like. There are very few places where you can work hard and get rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. Most of my friends working elsewhere have to work hard and can hope for measly raises (if they are lucky).

Those who work at alliantgroup know that if they do well, they can be rewarded very handsomely while doing something very rewarding.

Cons

You do have to do some real work. This is not a place where you come to snooze or put up your feet and hope that you have won the lottery. Some of these negative reviewers probably were hoping to browse the internet and hope to collect a paycheck. Reality check, guys...

You also have to learn to speak up. In an environment of type A individuals who are all high achievers, you can't be a wallflower. Take the initiative and voice concerns - good and bad. Management has done a good job in taking the feedback and making substantive changes.

Continue to promote from within and you're doing a good job with all these continued perks. The yoga and pilates have been great; I can't wait for the new gym!

Fun culture and lots of opportunity !

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are seeking a career (as opposed to a job), this is THE place for you. This is a pure meritocracy and high performance is rewarded greatly. Intelligence and drive are highly prized here.

Cons

There are a lot of new hires so sometimes its easy to get lost in the mix unless you are vocal. If you are not a high performer, you will get lost in the shuffle.

Please pay attention to the high performers who are not as vocal as the blowhards.

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

Progressive.Competitive.Fearless.Elite

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Ultimately, you bring a great benefit to a lot of struggling American companies! My heart used to sing when my clients would tell me they were able to afford a new pinball machine for their rec room, a new boat, or in some cases are able to pay their invoice with the refund they received. Sometimes, I reflect back on my experience and its like when 230 angels take their circular halos and throw them all up at once! Also, this is a great experience to heighten your communication skills. You will talk with CEOs, CFOs, reporters and even the IRS (even after you have left the company). Strong!

You have an opportunity to learn for the best in a high performance culture; the people above and around you are willing to do anything to get the job done. If you're three months in and your boss needs to get a signature from a client you're visiting, they will be more than willing to leave you stranded in a strange city to try and find your way back (don't worry, they reimburse your expenses 6 weeks later).

Company sponsored happy hours are the best and management always seems to know when their employees need a pick-me-up! It particularly hits the spot after a magic trick, the base-limitation disappearing act was my favorite and then you get to go out and celebrate!

Cons

Ryan Gosling memes; cats; alcoholics; coitus with management. All the other things too, like work-life integration.

You're doing a great job.

Terrible!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, free parking

Cons

Management is terrible!! They treat you like dogs!!

Treat people how you want to be treated!

There are great opportunities out there... This just isn't one of them!!

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free soda machines, free food, they pay for your insurance after you've been there a certain amount of time. That's about it.

Cons

Everything else. Management doesn't see the people who are actually working the long hours and promote or recognize them. They pick people they like the best and those are the people who get the credit. Those are often the folks who sneak out early and put their job responsibilities on the rest of the team. If that's who you are or strive to be then this is a great opportunity for you!

The hours are long but in some departments it's just for show. You will get called for meetings well into the night (literally- sometimes starting as late as 10pm after you've already worked a 12 hour day and there is no overtime!) and will definitely get hundreds of emails all night long. If you don't respond quickly enough (read: immediately) you will likely get called out as "not being a team player".

There is zero accountability from your management. The positive reviews tell you that there's so much transparency and you can just take complaints up the chain but the truth is that if you do take a complaint up, you will likely be fired. Management doesn't take too kindly to subordinates having any criticism of them. If you don't get fired, you will wish you did because there will likely be a team meeting that comes up and you will get berated in front of your entire department or in front of people you don't even work with. Public shaming is a big part of this company's "culture".

Speaking of culture... You are expected to attend after-hours events regularly and there is no personal reason that's good enough to miss. Speaking of personal life... Don't expect to keep yours! If you're fresh out of college (as most of these employees are) and aren't married or seriously dating anyone, this might be just fine but if you are married or have a family, you will quickly grow tired of the "raves" and happy hours.

It wouldn't be so bad if your management respected you and understood that not participating in one event doesn't mean you aren't on board or a team player but they don't.

You are also likely to discover that someone who has just graduated college and comes to the team with zero experience or professionalism will be making double what you are getting paid. How will you find this out? These kids will talk about their salaries and how they can't believe how much they make for the little they do! It's an absolute joke. Seriously. Ridiculous.

Management has their heads so far up their own butts that any suggestions are guaranteed to fall on deaf ears. There's no point in trying to make suggestions. These reviews- the ones that are are attempting to tell the truth about this place- are only really going to benefit (HOPEFULLY) those considering jobs at this place. Don't let the shiny new building and glossy descriptions when you interview fool you.

2 Years of Misery

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get a job here - they are desperate to hire. Just look at the job boards at all of the openings...

Cons

Inappropriate and unethical practices from top to bottom. Bizarre company culture that is similar to a pep rally. Inexperienced management. No autonomy over your work. Deceptive hiring practices - you'll see once you've been here for about 2 months.

Take the negative feedback and do something about it. Covering it up is not a longterm solution.

alliantgroup, LP Photos