alliantgroup, LP

Updated 8 September 2014
Updated 8 September 2014
2.7

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Health benefits, free food during tax season, money-if senior leadership likes you (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

No life, no family, no friends? Then this job is perfect for you.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The receptionist at the Irvine office.

Cons

If you work here, you've essentially given up your social life, family life, love life and have accepted to being obese. No work/life balance. CEO is a manipulative & arrogant bully. College fraternity at its finest. You will be trained and pushed to your limit and will be given the "sink or swim" spiel. Those who left are all happier, those who stay are all too scared to leave because of the VERY generous pay they give you to keep you in this prison. No amount of food, alcohol or money will ever be enough or worth the misery.

CEO needs to step down. People are leaving because of you and your mini-me. Take accountability that it might not be them, but you.

Disappointment.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP for more than a year

Pros

The interview process is the most positive aspect of the company. The directors and recruiters are skilled in painting a grand picture of a complete failure of a workplace. They are also great at at writing 5-star reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Meet your "mentors": Desperate, Unprofessional, Micro-managing, Whiny, Lazy, Demanding, and Greedy.

Meet your "managers": Unethical, Narcissistic, Egotistical, Arrogant, and Awkward.

The business model has failed. They cannot maintain an acceptable turnover rate.

Management ignores feedback and often retaliates against those who offer advice.

Best choice I EVER made... I left

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I gained a friend or two from here.

Cons

Oh lord where do I start. I was there for a long time and not once was I “happy”.

I didn’t get my first raise until I was a year and a half in. They didn’t even notice, I setup the meeting and got one. Leaving at 6:30 pm (when your hours are done) is not a option. They get mad at you for not leaving past 7:00pm. During tax season and not during. I’m sorry but that’s freaking ridiculous! Not everyone there hates going home to their husband, wife or family. I guess some of the upper management does. They also LOVE to hire people fresh out of college because they don’t know any better. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason there are a couple of 5 star reviews is because upper management make their employees write them when they get a raise or promoted. Now that’s just sad.

Free soda and lunch…. SOO COOL. I rather go home on my lunch break than eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you people. They only reason they bring in free lunch is so you can’t leave the freaking office. Don’t you get it… they want you to live there! This place is falling apart fast and I will not say I’m sorry about that.

If you are still there just “dealing” with it and saying to yourself it’s a job no one said it was easy. Please read all the negative reviews and take them seriously. It’s only going to get worse for you. If you are dreaming about having a family soon then you better wake up… because at alliantgroup it will not happen.

Not worth it. Nothing will make this company better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Things Have Not Changed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are NO pros--either to state or in management. They are a bunch of egotistical maniacs with a culture that is not only a lie, but toxic, which speaks to their turnover. They walk the line regarding breaking the law. They have been investigated.

Cons

Everything: unprofessional, childish, greedy, out for themselves only, the hours you work will never be enough or appreciated.

Leave.

Bascially a bad corporate job

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent pay, young staff, nice location, catered lunches, sometimes catered alcohol and team events, fully covered benefits, though these aren't spectacular, casual attire acceptable at the office

Cons

Long hours, sociopathic management, questionable ethics, biglaw hours expected at half the salary, high school gossipy office culture, highest leadership engages in self-congratulation, basically a sweatshop that tries to convince you they are silicon valley

none

It really is as bad as the reviews say it is

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food
    Cool co-workers (not management)
    I can't even get to the 20 word minimum for this section, which is sad.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life and health

The worst CEO ever. He calls people out in meetings and tells them how awful they are - he has been know for going off on someone for 30 minutes in front of the entire department.

Want "high performers" aka people will follow them aimlessly and buy into their "culture"

Unbearable hours - if you leave at 6:30 you are looked down upon

Transparency really means the can talk bad about you to everyone

Illegal hiring practices by management. I once heard my director telling a recruiter no accents

Awful language and stories daily and are strongly encouraged.

Tons of drinking and drugs

Lots of games to be played - if you are asked to go anywhere with management but have other plans, make sure you cancel them to make yourself 100% available.

They wouldn't take advice

The worst company in Houston, TX or Irvine, CA to work for.

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to this company.

Cons

To Many to List.....it all starts with the worst CEO in the world and his need to abuse people. He see everyone as the dirt on his shoe.

Just don't Do It

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting out was a huge pro. Talk about dead end. Oh how I wish I could use an emoji. I digress. Other than that, I made a limited amount of good friends but only trusted about 2 of them for good reason. Moving on, sobriety was a limited expectation so if you are in AA or NA, this is not the place for you but you will find many of your relapsed friends here. Good Luck !

Cons

Remember those friends that I previously mentioned? Well they are gone along with much unnecessary anxiety and stress. We are proud of you ! To those who stay, my condolences. Don't expect to see the people you started with longer than 4 -6 months. At some point you will learn that you will never be rightly acknowledged, vastly listened to, respected, or highly admired.. for anything. Being grateful is a joke, but nobody is laughing. At that point you will feel some type of way and people will blame you for no longer giving a... insert blank. When that happens (because it undoubtedly will), take some time to find peace within yourself to ensure you don't make a huge scene and allow people to degrade you even further. Staying "under the radar" is key because let's face the realistic truth. If you're good at your job, you will go thru hell and high water to move up or even diagonally to a better position due to your superior's fear that you can not be replaced. My advice is to live your life before work or at lunch time and pray that nobody notices because that place turns in to Orange Is the New Black after 6pm when you're imprisoned with eyes of judgement as if you were a fugitive on the run trying to escape the office. Another option is to do what I did, have some self respect and resign. Best Regards.

Oh yes! Here's a tip: Listen to other employee ideas, it could save this establishment. Also, stop sleeping around with these young and impressionable children! It is inexplicable when these incestuous office relationships form babies. It is the highest form of desperation to find meaning of your life. You're Welcome ;)

Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!

Current Employee - Associate Attorney  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

High energy environment with endless opportunities!

Current Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Deciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

alliantgroup, LP Photos

alliantgroup implementation dept
Office life at alliantgroup

+ Add Photo

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!