blinkx

blinkx Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee

S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary(in 5 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with(in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company(in 6 reviews)

Great place of employment!

Billing & Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

ConsI currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

Great company to work for!

ProsThere's growth within the company. Everyone here are really friendly and willing to help one another. Since this is a start-up environment, you will have many opportunities to work with different team in this company

Conscheck in weekly with the employee would be nice

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the monthly meeting to let employees know what this company have achieved the past month

Worst professional experience of career.

Directory of Engineering (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsA few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

ConsWorst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Average Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsIt's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

ConsBlinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to your employees and care about them more.

Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsHave been with Blinkx since they acquired us back in 2011, and in that time, the company has expanded, hired, and increased revenue exponentially. I've had the pleasure of working with many others across the other departments/Offices, and there's really a sense of teamwork in most areas here.

ConsThere are some minor "corporate" issues that come along with being a publicly traded company, sometimes there could be lack of communication on what may be going on, outside of monthly meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Internship Review

Corp Dev Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

ConsOther than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the VGA cable in the conference room.

Dead end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and ok benefits

ConsSome rotten managers and technology that is not exciting.

Not Great, but Not Bad

ProsThere was a flexible schedule and independence. Vacation wasn't too bad either and you do learn a lot.

ConsNot great people to work with, not very professional and the staff is very green and junior. Many have bad attitude and there's a lot of racial discrimination. Not a good environment to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into your Montreal office...Lot of shady business dealings there.

Corporate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsSmall office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

ConsThere have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

A good learning experience

Content Editor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsFlexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

ConsTraining, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was great working with you all.

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!