comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

comScore President, CEO, and Director Magid M. Abraham

Magid M. Abraham

Pros:
  • "Great culture, fast paced, dynamic organization, entrepreneurial spirit, good work / life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Very much a self-directed work environment, not alot of clock watching from management"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it"
    in 10 reviews
  • "can have long hours depending on client and project"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Survey Research Analyst

Survey Research Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking in Willis Tower,

ConsWork/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

Great brand name, intelligent co-workers, crappy loyalty and worse management

Prod (Former Employee)
Reston, VA (US)

I worked at comScore for more than 3 years

ProsIf you are starting out in the digital media space, this is a great place to do so. Terrific on-ramp training program, great exposure to many top-notch brands and clients, great way to get a foot in the door. And I enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest in the marketing research and advertising space.

ConsLousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars. Most senior management and divisions don't care for their directs or teams. Almost 100% turnover of my group in less than 8 months. Doesn't really care for their employees, no loyalty or recognition for service or accomplishments. Very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to look at why attrition is incredibly high while morale and retention so low in most groups. Reputation of burning and churning great people, which is killing culture.

Good Place to learn

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at comScore full-time for less than a year

ProsEnterpreneurial setup, good work culture

ConsNot too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Learned a lot and had fun!

Client Service Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProscomScore is a great place to learn about the media industry. If you're the type of person who thrives on thinking outside the box, you would love comScore. The free drinks/snacks are awesome too!

ConsYour experience is contingent upon your team. Some teams are innovative, cutting-edge, and function really well. Others are stuck in their ways. Very siloed teams at comScore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put out press releases without a solid and tested product to back them up!

company has dramatically changed over time

Vice President (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at comScore full-time for more than 8 years

ProsVery smart group of folks. Many different divisions and solution sets on which to work. Relatively flexibly work environment. Wonderful and exciting clients.

ConsHR not an advocate for employees and workers feel like they cannot get help.Sales Operations folks are inexperienced creating realistic comp plans that reward and incent sales people.comp plans change each year and not for the better. Company has grown so large that your division/team/region may get completely lost in the shuffle of product management roadmaps.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a very close looks at why so many employees have been leaving. What divisions are they in? Who are their managers? What roles are they in? comScore is a research company. But if you do not do research on why you cannot retain strong talent then you are failing yourself. And for god sake's, start doing exit interviews! Your products are superb, but if you fail to retain your employees not only will you fail in meeting your revenue goals, but you will get very bad WOM reviews about working at the company.

Hideous management

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time

ProsPretty flexible, which keeps people around a long time

ConsMany managers are promoted into management because of tenure - not for any other reason. Managers are not trained and very average. No mentorship, lots of finger-pointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter what I say, they will never listen.

Go to a real start up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at comScore full-time

ProsNice computers, nice office, 3 weeks vacation, benefits. Good Pay.

ConsThey always say they are still a small start up. So far from the truth, run like a corporation with a lot of red tape. Try to get you to drink the Kool-Aid. Many very cocky employees with no reason to act in that manner. A lot of good talent is ignored because of seniority or connections to upper management.

Great learning experience

I have been working at comScore full-time

ProsExposure across broad areas of digital
Small company feel
High degree of flexibility in terms of hours, location, work from home

ConsStubborn and political at the top
Only as innovative as it has to be

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on short-term stock price and focus on long-term expansion into broader digital measurement.

Filled with smart, data-savvy, down-to-earth people

Senior Research Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time for less than a year

ProsGood benefits, good compensation, pleasant office space. Everyone I worked with was friendly, highly competent, and intelligent. I enjoyed eating out with my co-workers regularly. Was motivated to high standard of work by my colleagues. Sadly, there were layoffs and many of these great people dispersed.

ConsLess direct communication from management than in other companies I've worked for. Understanding of the business imperative of our group and revenue goals relative to company goals was not so strong. I like to know how my job and contributions are tied to the company's larger goals.

Great company

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time

ProsGreat culture, fast paced, dynamic organization, entrepreneurial spirit, good work / life balance

ConsNot the ideal place if you are very process oriented, and prefer to follow guidelines.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at comScore reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for comScore CEO Magid M. Abraham. All 113 reviews are posted anonymously by comScore employees.