comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Challenging and interesting

Research Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsCreating new technology and products all the time
    Work with a lot of very intelligent people
    Laid back office atmosphere and culture

ConsLayoffs - across the board and targeted (4 rounds in 5.5 years working here).
    Sales staff - often sell garbage and don't support their business post-sale, creating a lot of extra work for those who are expected to deliver.
    Promotions - really only based on tenure, not so much on performance. There are some highly unqualified people working in senior level positions as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the poor performers and focus more on performance when considering promotions. Don't promise things to clients that you know can't be delivered.

Great to be part of a growing company

Senior Director (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsUpward mobility for smart, creative, hardworking people; solid senior management team; flexibility given to top performers; great industry

ConsLack of investment in people management skill development; very aggressive revenue goals create a lot of stress from top-down; very data-heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate avenues for young analysts to get exposure and make an impact; collect feedback from the bottom of the organization to better understand the effectiveness of middle management; do more internal education -- everyone that works there should be an expert in digital

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsSmart, hardworking and loyal employees that are often working late nights to meet deadlines and objectives. Loved working with talented people and comScore is full of them.

ConsExecutive team needs to drive a vision throughout the organization that all may understand follow. When talent leaves, it is often a result or lack of upside. comScore needs to create a better path of success.

Advice to Senior ManagementVision and messaging comes from the top. This should be driven top down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant change

Client Service Manager (Former Employee)

Prosgreat peers, smart people, family friendly; Ability to work remotely if needed.

ConsReally difficult to understand how products work together; constant re-org and not enough resources to get everything done. Benefits are really average for the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job understanding where you need resources and stop reorganizing every few months. The constant change makes it really hard to focus on clients.

Something needs changes

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsGreat/Tablent ppl to work wit, fast/dynamic pace; lots of learning opportunites

Consunstable management. Limited resource for long term development

Long hours and a never ending workload.

Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsNice office and casual environment.

ConsFeels like your job is on the line every other day.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart encouraging work/life balance.

great for college hires

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfree snacks
    no dress code jkhkjhkjh

Conslong working hours
    learning curve for the first year

Immature exe. and sr. management with lack of vision . Greedy exes are bored with the company and just want a buyout.

ProsThe general employee pool has some of the brightest people I have ever come across. There is potential.

ConsThe company spends a ton of money recruiting with top schools but does nothing to advance these entry level employees. Long-time managers are promoted and moved into other departmental managerial roles where they have no prior experience. This wreaks havoc and leaves a fat mid layer of VPs and SVPs that do nothing except bicker. Expect tons of work with little reward or appreciation. The old guard is king here.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage new ideas and execute on them. Cultivate talent. Don't waste potential.

If you like living in fear of layoffs, this is the place for you

Ad-Ops (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsSnacks. Coffee. New decor. The immediate group of people I worked with were OK. Maybe not the most talkative bunch for me, but to each his own.

ConsI've been sitting on this review I wrote eight months ago, but as I just heard that comScore did ANOTHER round of layoffs (almost exactly a year after I was laid off) I figured it was time to share:

The upper-management that runs their ad-ops area should be ashamed of themselves. The company spent a month and a half recruiting me, interviewing me both in person and over the phone. They made me an offer and I accepted. I gave my two weeks at my job and started at comScore the following Monday. At the end of my third week there I looked over to see the girl that I started with putting her things into a box. They had let her go. I was surprised, but what shocked me even more is I was then called into the manager's office where I was greeted by an HR person from the Reston, VA corporate office.

That's right, I was let go. Along with about 50 other people across the company. Corporations are well within their rights to employ people for as long or as short as they wish, but their reputation deserves the hit if they pull crap like this. To add to the hilarity, my severance package was worth more than the time I spent there.

A couple months later comScore reached out to me to see if I would come back as two people had resigned from the department within a week of each other. I asked for more money or a signing bonus. The recruiter had the audacity to say "if we were to do a bonus it would have to be paid back if you left within a year." I wasn't the one with the commitment issues in this relationship.

I later found the meeting minutes from the quarterly shareholders meeting where it was discussed that they would be reducing costs via layoffs. An extremely short-sighted solution to appease investors.

Thank God the company I was at before comScore called me up and asked me if I wanted to come back. I accepted that with a promotion and significant increase in pay.
    This company does not deserve your investment; whether it is as an employee investing in your career, or someone actually foolish enough to buy stock in this outfit.

Great treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven as an intern, I was looked at as an equal and an asset.

ConsThe work got pretty tedious at times

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!