comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Great treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven as an intern, I was looked at as an equal and an asset.

ConsThe work got pretty tedious at times

Not so good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPleasant people and nice atmosphere.

ConsThere are limited career opportunities.

It's the worst place I've ever worked!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsFree drinks & snacks- pretty much to keep you working longer hours

ConsWorst place I've every had the displeasure of working! Starts with HR, there is minimal communication from them, no face time, no orientation time, not there to help you review any info as a new employee- pathetic. Then, there is minimal training which oftentimes the info can be incorrect then you're held accountable for poor communication from your manager! Long hours, I worked over 60hrs /week for 2mos straight without any kind of comp time & they don't pay time & a half you get 1/2 time for anything over 40hrs! What an insult to my hard work & commitment. Then laid off w/ minimal severance pkg, some people were there longer than me didn't get anything, just told to leave! So much prejudice, nepatism/favortism that it is clear they don't like anyone not like them! I hate this place & can't wait to leave, just give me my last paycheck & severance & I'm outta here!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage people, promote from within & stop lying to your staff about hours & some "comscore code" what a joke! You're kiling people, literally with these ridiculous hours & unreasonable expectations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Place to Work

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat people, tons of flexibility, exposure to clients

Conscan have long hours depending on client and project

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to hire people with analytical backgrounds

Survey Research Analyst

Survey Research Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWorking in Willis Tower,

ConsWork/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

Immature exe. and sr. management with lack of vision . Greedy exes are bored with the company and just want a buyout.

ProsThe general employee pool has some of the brightest people I have ever come across. There is potential.

ConsThe company spends a ton of money recruiting with top schools but does nothing to advance these entry level employees. Long-time managers are promoted and moved into other departmental managerial roles where they have no prior experience. This wreaks havoc and leaves a fat mid layer of VPs and SVPs that do nothing except bicker. Expect tons of work with little reward or appreciation. The old guard is king here.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage new ideas and execute on them. Cultivate talent. Don't waste potential.

Great brand name, intelligent co-workers, crappy loyalty and worse management

Prod (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsIf you are starting out in the digital media space, this is a great place to do so. Terrific on-ramp training program, great exposure to many top-notch brands and clients, great way to get a foot in the door. And I enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest in the marketing research and advertising space.

ConsLousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars. Most senior management and divisions don't care for their directs or teams. Almost 100% turnover of my group in less than 8 months. Doesn't really care for their employees, no loyalty or recognition for service or accomplishments. Very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to look at why attrition is incredibly high while morale and retention so low in most groups. Reputation of burning and churning great people, which is killing culture.

Good Place to learn

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsEnterpreneurial setup, good work culture

ConsNot too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Learned a lot and had fun!

Client Service Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProscomScore is a great place to learn about the media industry. If you're the type of person who thrives on thinking outside the box, you would love comScore. The free drinks/snacks are awesome too!

ConsYour experience is contingent upon your team. Some teams are innovative, cutting-edge, and function really well. Others are stuck in their ways. Very siloed teams at comScore.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put out press releases without a solid and tested product to back them up!

Hideous management

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPretty flexible, which keeps people around a long time

ConsMany managers are promoted into management because of tenure - not for any other reason. Managers are not trained and very average. No mentorship, lots of finger-pointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter what I say, they will never listen.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!