comScore

Updated 9 November 2014
3.2

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta
Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies (in 12 reviews)

• Most coworkers are very smart, a lot to learn from them; laid back work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Lousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars (in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

It's the worst place I've ever worked!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free drinks & snacks- pretty much to keep you working longer hours

Cons

Worst place I've every had the displeasure of working! Starts with HR, there is minimal communication from them, no face time, no orientation time, not there to help you review any info as a new employee- pathetic. Then, there is minimal training which oftentimes the info can be incorrect then you're held accountable for poor communication from your manager! Long hours, I worked over 60hrs /week for 2mos straight without any kind of comp time & they don't pay time & a half you get 1/2 time for anything over 40hrs! What an insult to my hard work & commitment. Then laid off w/ minimal severance pkg, some people were there longer than me didn't get anything, just told to leave! So much prejudice, nepatism/favortism that it is clear they don't like anyone not like them! I hate this place & can't wait to leave, just give me my last paycheck & severance & I'm outta here!

Learn how to manage people, promote from within & stop lying to your staff about hours & some "comscore code" what a joke! You're kiling people, literally with these ridiculous hours & unreasonable expectations.

Not so good place to work

I worked at comScore

Pros

Pleasant people and nice atmosphere.

Cons

There are limited career opportunities.

Awesome Place to Work

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, tons of flexibility, exposure to clients

Cons

can have long hours depending on client and project

continue to hire people with analytical backgrounds

Survey Research Analyst

Former Employee - Survey Research Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Survey Research Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working in Willis Tower,

Cons

Work/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

Immature exe. and sr. management with lack of vision . Greedy exes are bored with the company and just want a buyout.

I have been working at comScore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The general employee pool has some of the brightest people I have ever come across. There is potential.

Cons

The company spends a ton of money recruiting with top schools but does nothing to advance these entry level employees. Long-time managers are promoted and moved into other departmental managerial roles where they have no prior experience. This wreaks havoc and leaves a fat mid layer of VPs and SVPs that do nothing except bicker. Expect tons of work with little reward or appreciation. The old guard is king here.

Encourage new ideas and execute on them. Cultivate talent. Don't waste potential.

Great brand name, intelligent co-workers, crappy loyalty and worse management

Former Employee - Prod in Reston, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Prod in Reston, VA (US)

I worked at comScore (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are starting out in the digital media space, this is a great place to do so. Terrific on-ramp training program, great exposure to many top-notch brands and clients, great way to get a foot in the door. And I enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest in the marketing research and advertising space.

Cons

Lousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars. Most senior management and divisions don't care for their directs or teams. Almost 100% turnover of my group in less than 8 months. Doesn't really care for their employees, no loyalty or recognition for service or accomplishments. Very political environment.

Need to look at why attrition is incredibly high while morale and retention so low in most groups. Reputation of burning and churning great people, which is killing culture.

Good Place to learn

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at comScore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enterpreneurial setup, good work culture

Cons

Not too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Learned a lot and had fun!

Former Employee - Client Service Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

comScore is a great place to learn about the media industry. If you're the type of person who thrives on thinking outside the box, you would love comScore. The free drinks/snacks are awesome too!

Cons

Your experience is contingent upon your team. Some teams are innovative, cutting-edge, and function really well. Others are stuck in their ways. Very siloed teams at comScore.

Don't put out press releases without a solid and tested product to back them up!

Hideous management

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at comScore full-time

Pros

Pretty flexible, which keeps people around a long time

Cons

Many managers are promoted into management because of tenure - not for any other reason. Managers are not trained and very average. No mentorship, lots of finger-pointing.

It doesn't matter what I say, they will never listen.

company has dramatically changed over time

Former Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very smart group of folks. Many different divisions and solution sets on which to work. Relatively flexibly work environment. Wonderful and exciting clients.

Cons

HR not an advocate for employees and workers feel like they cannot get help.Sales Operations folks are inexperienced creating realistic comp plans that reward and incent sales people.comp plans change each year and not for the better. Company has grown so large that your division/team/region may get completely lost in the shuffle of product management roadmaps.

Take a very close looks at why so many employees have been leaving. What divisions are they in? Who are their managers? What roles are they in? comScore is a research company. But if you do not do research on why you cannot retain strong talent then you are failing yourself. And for god sake's, start doing exit interviews! Your products are superb, but if you fail to retain your employees not only will you fail in meeting your revenue goals, but you will get very bad WOM reviews about working at the company.