eBay Enterprise

Updated 24 November 2014
2.6

eBay Enterprise President Craig Hayman
Craig Hayman

Pros
  • Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home (in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

eBay Enterprise is a great company to work for. There is room for career development.

Former Employee - Digital Producer in London, England
    Former Employee - Digital Producer in London, England

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people, the career development.

Cons

It can take a while for action to be done.

Make it more well known when there are opportunities for movements across other eBay companies.

Started as a great company to work for, quickly went downhill

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people. Some of them anyway. Decent holiday I suppose.

Cons

The management are beyond awful. Blind leading the blind. They are completely clueless. Unprofessional to the point where it's actually hilarious. What's this company called again? Who's running it? Fickle. They restructure every month. If you're actually a good employee they will reward you by working you into the ground. If you fit in with the right peope you will go places. The day they got rid of the management they had from the start was the day it was over.

You're not getting any from me!

eBay Enterprise (including e-Dialog UK) - Room for (much) improvement, if it would ever improve.

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Some intelligent and nice work colleagues, fruit basket twice a week.

Cons

Salary below the market-rate, politics, disorganisation, constant restructure (and doesn't work), timesheet to record your every movement, out-of-date technology, blame culture.

Follow the process you preach. Deliver as you promise. Manage and support your teams. Pay attention to employees - these are the core people who make the clients happy. Provide real incentive. Recognise and sincerely congratulate good work.

Disappointing place - reviews are on point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was great, worked with great people. some ability to work remotely. great name to have on resume

Cons

Very disorganized with lack of communication between disciplines. The offices are bland and not inspiring. Employees want to work on the new technology, but everything is 5 years in the past. high turn over rate, promotions are rare and career path are hard define.

Senior management needs an overhaul. Their egos get in the way and often unprofessional and cannot make up their mind on direction, communication between teams and the company needs to be more encouraged. Focus on the employee satisfaction and office culture.

Terrible environment, wrongful firings and mistreatment of the worker.

Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY (US)
    Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-Well kept
    -Up to date
    -Great use of technology

Cons

-Mistreatment of workers
    -Corruption
    -Negative environment
    -Rudeness
    -Dangerous at times

I may have the location mixed up, I never used this site prior to this.

I was honestly a bit disgusted by the work environment and co-workers here. They will hire anyone, from pedophiles to 18 year old girls. To ex-cons and an ex-cop that urinated on a 15 year old girl. There is no concern for the worker, but for their safety and they are treated as tools. I would not recommend this job to anyone, and if there was any legal way I would be sure to sue them for the mistreatment. Sadly it is all within their legal rights. They constantly hire and fire workers, for little to no reason at all. Either a personality conflict or a missed day, I understand the legal guidelines and we are speaking beyond this as human beings not as if we are computers. I was really wanting a further opportunity there, but will refuse to show any support and will be sure to even boycott ebay and anyone supporting of it. This is your lose, and not mine I will be sure to take my expertise else where. Somewhere where the worker is seen as a human being and not a tool. Temp workers are people, I understand a lot of them are not the brightest but some are looking to gain money to further their education and improve the business. Andre (Not with Addeco, but a support lead) will openly discriminate based upon race, and fire anyone not of his skin color. It is not taking a rocket scientist to figure this out. I've studied psychology for many years, and it is very obvious. I mean no harm to the business, but I am giving advice to help improve this. If you want good workers, you do not get them in mass numbers and fire the weak as if it was a race to the egg. You take your dedicated and ones who enjoy their job, and you treat them as fellow country men to help them out not discriminate to them based upon class. Also, a lot of drug dealing takes place in the building. I don't report individuals, but it does go on for sure and very openly. Sadly someone has to speak up.

the new member of ebay inc family

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

growing young company
    dynamic working environment
    very international

Cons

has not been well structured yet
    does not offer some of ebay inc side benefits

needs to promote its own workers instead of transferring managers from other companies

Architect

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice and intelligent team to work with. Great product to work on.

Cons

Need more product enhancements and to consolidate the product.

They are working on making this a better solution.

Consolidate the products at a very high level to make the customer feel that is one product.

Case study in corporate dysfunction

Current Employee - Director, Operations
    Current Employee - Director, Operations

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy. Other than that, it's hard to say anything good about this part of eBay. There are zero A players in senior management. They have all left or were forced to leave.

Cons

Lack of understanding of the market, their part in it, how to create value from a strong but aging tool set makes this company totally dysfunctional. The finance group makes budgets based on promises made to San Jose, with no input or consideration on the path to achieve them. Senior leadership is a huge void. A software company that only executes on one requirement- code freeze. Zero support from senior management, they are only concerned with CYA and hiding from responsibility. They constantly talk employee engagement, while having virtual HR and the lowest pay in the industry.

Leave. Close your PA headquarters and fold into San Jose. Hasten your mission to be part of the long list of failed eBay ventures.

From good to ok to horrible in 2 years.

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Free bagels. Flex time IF in the right group. Free parking. Onsite gym and cafe.

Cons

Zero work life balance. Unrealistic expectations with no empathy. Extremely young work force with the me first attitude.

None they don't care.

Still a sweat shop

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Phila, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Phila, PA (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall there has been vast improvements during my tenure but constant business process changes every 90 days mean everytime you start to get traction and see benefits from a process....it gets changed.

Cons

Gypsy management team brought it as 'world class leaders' with high turn over rate.

Develop from within, stop thinking your only choice is another low knowledge but highly polished from finishing school 'leader'.

eBay Enterprise Photos