iCorps Technologies

3.1

Michael Hadley

Little Gem of a Company

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The clients that we work with love us. How many companies get clients to say the best things about what you do? Top notch engineers. Beer cart on Fridays. Tickets to sporting events.

Cons

While some people work remotely, you cannot work from home.

A place you wouldn't want to recommend to anyone

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent place to start off in the IT field--better then being unemployed. Great place to learn what to look for and what not to go for in the next job prospect. Good exposure to SMB industry and services (leaning more to small business <25 employees)

Cons

Just sort through all the previous reviews and you'll have a sense of what to expect. Horrible management, lackluster results. Simply a small business staff augmentation company rather then consulting. Big focus on up selling products.

Shape up--just a bunch of clowns disguised as something called management. Would never make it in any legitimate corporation.

Excellent company

Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly culture, great CEO. The salary and perks are pretty competitive. Some opps to grow (certifications, courses, etc). Felt appreciated

Cons

Serving multiple clients every day can get grueling, especially when you have to squeeze a visit into headquarters.

Keep your finger on the pulse of how tech changes the nature of the business (like cloud) and the new opportunities it creates.

Great Company, Good benefits, appreciate hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

iCorps offers great benefits, especially for a small company. One of many ways they show how much they value their employees.

Cons

There isn't any Work from Home option.

Run away - how does a 50% employee turnover rate sound to you?

Former Employee - Administrative Staff in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Staff in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

well. some people are nice, but after about 1 month of working there, they all turn cold and heartless.
    if you get laid off you can collect.

Cons

401K is deceiving. The company makes a deposit in your account 1x per year, and keeps the accrued interest.
    Women: as you know most men in the IT industry are sexist and demeaning. this company is NO different....watch out!!!!
    office environment of FEAR!!! see Jack Welch at GE! No one is safe
    Constant lay offs - 50 people or less max at all times - in one year 10 people left/laid off/fired.
    No future planning. New office space with limited sq to grow....but yet there's 'plans' to grow by XX%!!!
    Utilization meetings are weekly to determine if you are being utilized over the 70% threshold. If not there's a good chance you may be laid off soon.
    Consultants are asked to upsell the clients to other services. This should be a sales job.
    Ask about turnover rate for admin staff - OTHER than executives - see admin assistants, HR reps, marketing, receptionist, sales reps - Accounting and operations steady.
    Do an extensive search on LinkedIn to see how many people have been in and out of the company within a year.
    Upper management has a bulldog type mentality.
    some top executives go out to questionable establishments during work hours
    No communication between executives and rest of staff. Top executives hold onto key information and its not told to employees

Don't get sick....there are No sick days. You WILL LOSE pay!
    Don't come in 10-15 minutes late within a month, you will docked for 1/2 day Unplanned PTO.
    Drinking in the name of team morale and social harmony....Events in the afternoon and evening revolve around drinking which will affect your work habits.
    To Summarize:
    Go on an interview and ask about: 401K, office environment, drinking, employee turnover (except for Accounting/Operations), uppper managment philosophy and Jack Welch leadership style, attendance, and ask what they think is lacking there....
    I would NEVER recommend someone to work there.....EVER!!!!

Why are you so heartless?

Terrible Working Environment

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None than I can think of.

Cons

One of the worst working environments I’ve ever encountered in my twenty years of employment. A very unfriendly, controlling atmosphere, any conversations with co-workers should always be work based, there is no socializing or free exchange of ideas.

Just the Facts

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Employee for over 10 years.
    - Great salary.
    - Great benefits.
    - Promoted 2 times.
    - Work with a lot of different technology.
    - Management does not "Micro Manage"
    - Management gives you the freedom to be creative.
    - Management gives you the tools you need to succeed. (Training, certifications)
    - Great collegues.
    - We have a lot of fun.

Cons

- Travel but with planning is not an issue.

I have enjoyed watching management use creative ways to keep up with changes in technology over the years while growing the business. Keep up the good wark.

Transformative place to work

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a diverse group of intelligent consultants constantly fuels you to bring it each and every day. iCorps has a wide ranging client base that allows you to interact with various industries. If you love technology and designing creative solutions, it's a great place to work. There are always opportunities for interesting consulting work and the fact that iCorps has multiple offices in the east coast is a guarantee that you will be always working on something interesting. Lastly and more importantly, management was always accessible and provided mentorship that was invaluable to shaping my career.

Cons

As is with the nature of consulting, be prepared to work hard and long hours to meet client expectations.

Continue to give consultants more tools to succeed both with clients and personally.

Consulting without handholding and micromanagement

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*Great hours and quality of life balance.
    *Independence in decision-making, as long as you can back it up.
    *Great people and a good support structure.

I read a lot of reviews about iCorps before I took the job, and I was a little skeptical. What I found was an atmosphere that is much more positive than the negative reviews would suggest: The company takes good care of its employees and the workload isn't overwhelming. What is different from a lot of companies is that the employees are expected to stay busy and productive, even if there is nothing specifically scheduled: Basically there aren't a lot of days sitting around drinking coffee and talking baseball. There are utilization metrics in place to curtail idle time, and that could be jarring to someone new to consulting, I guess.

Cons

The only real downside I can see so far is really a matter of perspective: If you go into this job expecting to have your hand held or expecting to sit and collect a paycheck, you'll be disappointed. Consultants that are hired, I have personally found, are expected to be self-motivated and expected to find ways to stay busy. This is not a place where talking baseball around the water cooler is a normal practice.

You can give this company a lump of coal

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

not very much except they are hiring and will provide a paycheck1

Cons

too much to list--just read the reviews and you'll know more...

shape up