Human Resources AssistantJob Code: 621
Department: Human Resources
Location: CHEVY CHASE, MD US
Travel Involved: None
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: High School or Equivalent
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Provide primary support to head of HumanResources and Human Resources department with some modest support ofthe Marketing group.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Principal Duties andResponsibilities
* Provide executive administrative support to the SVP ofHuman Resources and Corporate Marketing to include:
* Coordinating schedules, travel, and meetings
* Processing expense reports and reconciling credit cardstatements
* Preparing PowerPoint presentations for keymeetings
* Answering phones and providing messages
Support other membersof the Human Resourcesdepartment by:
* Managing requisitions, offer letters, and onboardingprocess via our applicant tracking system
* Participating in new hire process (e.g., runningbackground checks, coordinating and facilitating orientation,obtaining new hire paperwork, ensuring policies areacknowledged)
* Maintaining list of Company temps, auditors,consultants, and contractors, and aid with theironboarding
* Assisting with organizing wellness initiatives andother company offerings/meetings
* Filing and maintaining confidential employee files
* Administering employee online self-servicesystem
* Processing department invoices
* Running reports, as needed
* Overseeing data entry in human resources informationsystem
* Ordering department supplies
* Performing other duties and special projects, asassigned
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college oruniversity preferred
* 3-5 years of experience in HR a plus
* Desire to work within HR area a plus
* Ceridian experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, andAbilities
* Professional self-starter with the ability toanticipate potential situations, resolutions, and departmentalneeds
* Strong follow-up and responsiveness
* Willing to roll up ones sleeves to handle HRadministration and executive support
* Able to maintain strict levels of confidentiality inhandling sensitive information
* Exceptional organizational skills and attention todetail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong data entry skills
* Able to identify and prioritize projects and tasks
* Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Supporting Change: Supports changeand innovation. Is comfortable with a changing environment and isadaptive to such an environment.
* Communicating Effectively: Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearlyconveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps themunderstand and retain the message.
* Championing Customer Needs: Provides timely and professional service to both internal andexternal customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; isalways courteous to the customer and considers the needs of thecustomer when making decisions.
* Demonstrating Initiative: Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handlesproblems independently when appropriate; able to resolve issueswithout relying on extensive help from others; does more than isexpected or asked.
* Delivering High QualityWork: Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet allrequirements and expectations. Finishes tasks promptly andcritically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy. Considers impact of work to others and takes steps to mitigate. Seeks additional work after finishingtasks.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job?--6figurejobs.comAdvertisement -- PrintAgencyCampus PostingsCareerBuilder.comDirect SourceDoostang.comeFinancialCareers.comEmployee ReferralJob Fairjobfox.comJobsInTheMoney.comLinkedIn.comMKTLDR.comMonster.comMonsterTrak.comOtherOur HomepageSelectLeaders.comTemp to PermWashingtonpost.comWord of Mouth
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address:
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will allow you to login if you are a returning user or create a Resume Profile if you are a first time user.)
Jobseeker ToolkitAccount Management
* Change my Password
* Retrieve my Password
Profile & Resume
* View / Edit my Resume Profile
* My Resume Attachments
* Submit Resume
* Resume Submission History
* Manage my Skills Profile
* Manage my Offers
* My Job Search Agents
Create a Job Search Agent
Search our careers and save your search criteria. It will then do the searching for you and e-mail those jobs to you.
© 2010 CapitalSource Finance LLC. All rights reserved.
Portions of this website may contain material subject to third-party copyrights.
633 West 5th Street, Suite 3300, Los Angeles, CA 90071 | 866.590.1566