Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
A9.com 8 reviews– Palo Alto, CA
A9.com - 30+ days ago
Senior Technical Data Analyst - Search Analytics
A9.com, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. We are dedicated to the continued development of powerful, intelligent and intuitive search and advertising technologies that make it easy to locate products and services.
As a small office, we have a culture of creative problem-solving, intellectual design, fast-paced development and passionate product delivery. Plus, as a subsidiary, we have the longevity and resources of a larger company and the ability to introduce quickly our technology to millions of users.
A9's Search Analytics team develops large scale distributed systems to process the richest and largest product search data in the world. Our data and inferences power ranking of search results, spelling correction, auto-completion, related searches, and many other features at Amazon.com and numerous other websites. Business leaders rely on the insights provided by Search Analytics for running their business.
As a Senior Technical Data Analyst, you will:
* Perform hands-on analysis of massive search and catalog data for driving business performance, forecasting, goal-setting, and product troubleshooting, in partnership with teams across Amazon and A9
* Champion the productive application of analytics and metrics throughout the organization
* Advise product, business development and engineering leadership by using data for strategic and tactical decision making
* Work with engineers building a state-of-the-art analytical platform, advocating for analytic needs throughout the organization
* Experience as an analyst in a large online business, defining and scoping business problems, executing relevant analyses and communicating actionable insights to executives, finance, product management, and engineering
* Strong problem solving, math, statistics and quantitative reasoning skills
* Experience working with very large, disparate data sets, including log files, SQL, Hadoop and OLAP data warehouses
* Outstanding communication skills
It is even better if you have
* Knowledge of machine learning and data-mining techniques
* Hands-on experience with SQL, R or map-reduce languages (Pig, Hive)
* A Master''s degree in Business Administration or other business background
Just submit your applicationonline, and we’ll take it from there.