Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
MWH 4 reviews– United States
MWH - 30+ days ago
Client Service Manager - Natural Resources
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location) United States-Colorado-Denver
Job Category Business Management
About MWH The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
Description The Client Service Manager (CSM) is responsible enhancing MWHs relationships with key clients such that the client views the CSM as their advocate within MWH. The outcome of this relationship is the expansion of the geographies we serve and the services we provide while growing MWH revenue and maximizing profitability with that key client. Metrics are revenue growth, profitability, accounts receivable, expansion of geographies and services, team building, and market sector support.
Key tasks that a successful CSM must conduct include:
1) Understanding the client's growth strategies, initiatives, needs and expectations.
2) Understanding the demands and constraints placed on the client by his/her organization, including duties, chain of decision-making, budgets, procurement requirements/limitations, etc.
3) Identify opportunities to support the clients business needs, organize a capture team working with the Business Unit Leaders (BULs) and Technical Practice Leaders, and support the team during the pursuit-capture phase. Assist the team in pricing to meet MWH profit goals.
4) Monitoring execution including:
? Communicating the client's values and expectations to the project team
? Working with BULs and Technical Practice Leaders to sure that the project team is amply resourced to be successful
? Monitoring the progress of the projects to assure that the client's needs are met
? Monitors accounts receivable and supports BUL and Project Manager (PM) with difficult collections
? Work with the BUL on corrective action when required
5) Creating face time with the client on a regular basis. This face time provides the opportunity to:
? Understand the changing demands being placed on the client by his/her organization
? Share information on MWH's capabilities to support the client and identify project opportunities
? Receive feedback from the client on how MWH is meeting the client's needs
6) As the relationship grows, work with BULs to develop an internal team of resources that can take on relationships with the client or other decision-makers within his/her organization. This team should be internally networked and a global culture of communication and cooperation should be fostered.
7) Actively engaging in internal networks designed to share market trends, competitor intelligence, and support the development of new offerings.
Specific to your role, we will jointly select clients for marketing where our combined relationships, the clients needs, and MWH offering indicate the greatest likelihood for success. This list may be adjusted from time to time. With coaching from the Sector Leader, you will work with Technical Practice Leaders, BULs, and PMs to achieve the desired metrics. The metrics will be $1M in sales after 12 months, and $5M in annual sales after three years.
Additionally, we will ask that your activities related to engaging in internal networks involve staff development and supporting the development of new services under the guidance of the MWH Sector Leader.
Qualifications Required Qualifications & Skills
Bachelors degree in engineering or related field with a masters degree preferred
12+ years experience in the industrial market
Ten years experience managing industrial, EH&S, and/or environmental projects (regulatory agency experience a plus)
Ability to develop and implement a business plan to address business development activities
Demonstrated ability to sell a minimum of $1MM per year
Preferred Specifications Preferred Skills & Abilities:
Project Management Skills
Client Relationship (Service) Management Skills
Professional Geologist or Engineer License
Additional Information MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Requisition Number 4055BR