Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Kaiser Permanente – Redwood City, CA
Health Callings - 30+ days ago
Performs a variety of tasks to ensure proper set up and delivery of meals and supplies for patient and non-patient food service. Receives food and supplies and stores in appropriate storage areas. Processes information related to nutritional care of patients. Collects, maintains, and communicates data relative to patients dietary requirements and operational needs of the department.
* Collects patient meal & snack choices according to diet order (MNT) in writing or via handheld electronic device, assuring the patient's age specific, food allergy, religious, cultural & food preference needs are accommodated.
* Offers patients alternative food & beverage selections & resolves problems & concerns utilizing the patient care team, registered dietitian, nutrition clerk or management.
* Prints documents using CBORD software on PC.
* Prepares tray tickets for tray-line & collects food & supplies for service.
* Assembles patient meals (tray line) & snacks accurately according to diet order, tray ticket, snack label or other protocol.
* Measures food portions into individual servings.
* As assigned delivers meals & snacks, stores properly &/or heats & serves trays to proper patient.
* May also deliver & store non patient meals, catering or other assigned food & supplies.
* Receives & stores product deliveries such as groceries, tube feedings, supplements, office supplies, equipment, paper goods, etc.
* Organizes new products in proper location behind older products (First In,
First Out), discards dented products, extra cardboard or garbage, labels any goods or products as assigned.
* Inspects delivery & reviews invoice for accuracy & proper condition of goods & signs invoice if authorized to do so.
* Stocks assigned areas with products such as condiments, paper goods, food, beverages, chemicals according to defined par levels or procedures.
* Stocking may include floor nourishments, tray line supplies, printer paper supplies, chemical dispensers, etc.
* Organizes & cleans & sanitizes assigned pantry & kitchen surfaces & equipment according to defined procedures as frequently as assigned.
* Cleaning of equipment includes coffee brewers, microwaves, blenders, beverage dispensers, toasters, refrigerators, freezers, work surfaces, drawers, cupboards, walls, etc.
* Cleaning of other areas may include office areas, storerooms, walk in refrigerators & walk in freezers.
* Records all assigned data such as food storage temperatures, dishwasher temperatures, pH levels, meal counts, late trays, etc. & logs data in proper area.
* Assures temperatures or other data are within assigned range & follows up with action & documentation when out of range.
* Documents equipment malfunctions according to facility procedure.
* Prepares orders for food, beverages, paper goods, tube feedings, supplies, etc. & places order according to facility procedure.
* Collects & maintains statistical data &/or financial records, calendars meetings, prepares correspondence, reports & email notifications as assigned.
* Monitors pertinent patient information such as admission, discharge, transfer, diet order changes.
* Reviews diet related status of patients' nutritional care via CBORD software system & updates menus, tray tickets, nourishments, tube feeding, preferences, according to facility protocol to assure nutritional adequacy, age specific, cultural, religious needs are met, & avoids potential food-drug interactions.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* High school diploma/GED.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
* Data entry skills utilizing Word or Excel database systems.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other individuals within the organization.
* Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
* Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
* Six (6) months experience in nutritional services department/diet office in an acute care or skilled nursing facility desirable or one (1) year other food service experience.
* Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.
* Data entry skills utilizing Palm Pilot desirable.
* Ability to draft short correspondence desirable.
Job Nutrition / Food Services
Scheduled Hours (1-40) 0
Working Days On-call
Working Hours Start On-call
Working Hours End On-call
Job Type Standard
Employee Status Regular
Employee Group United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level Individual Contributor
Job Eligible for Benefits No