• generous pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 10%
• annual leave (27.5 days plus eight bank holidays)
• learning and development opportunities
• paid course fees and study leave for relevant qualifications
• in-house training programmes such as coaching skills, presentation skills, project management and management development
• funding for external conferences and membership of relevant professional bodies
• interest-free loans to buy season tickets and bicycles for staff on contracts longer than 12 months
• rental deposit loan scheme
• childcare voucher scheme, run by Edenred services
• eye care voucher scheme
All staff and volunteers
There are many benefits available to Museum staff and volunteers, including:
• free entry to the Museum's paid exhibitions
• free entry to a wide range of other museums in the UK
• 20 per cent discount in the Museum shop, as well as the Science Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum shops
• complimentary tickets to temporary exhibitions for friends and family
• invitations to Museum parties
• access to our lectures, seminars and Nature Live events
• a Sports and Social Association offering a variety of activities (a small membership fee applies)
• employee assistance programme for all Museum staff and volunteers, and their families and partners
• volunteers are entitled to £15 per week towards their actual travel and lunch expenses
• interns are entitled to travel expenses up to and including London Underground Zone 3 (or equivalent as a minimum - higher reimbursement is dependent on departmental funds) and up to £15 a week for lunch expenses
• work experience students do not receive any reimbursement for travel or lunch
Depending on which part of the museum you work in and your role flexible and remote working are supported and encouraged.
Lack of equivalent private sector benefits
Free entry in various temporary exhibitions at the NHM, V&A, Kew gardens and others. Discount in museum shops.
Free exhibitions at the Museum and in institutions across London.
No notice in ending of working relations.
Pension, annual leave, flexible with medical appointments, employee assistance programme
List based on reports from current and former employees. It may not be complete.