What does an Associate Strategy Consultant do?
Strategy consultants analyze a company’s business practices and goals and make suggestions that improve their direction. They suggest strategies including cutting costs, increasing revenue, making critical decisions, and helping companies define their market or identify trends within specific markets. Strategy consultants help troubleshoot current issues and implement solutions, and they conduct a thorough analysis of a business's competitors to help establish proper objectives and goals.
Strategy consultants study current market trends to help companies adjust to changing conditions that influence production or goals. They help identify critical markets for companies to target and adapt to ensure their successful market changes. They also work closely with upper management to help identify a realistic budget and production decisions, evaluate current practices, and make suggestions to cut costs or increase revenue by developing solutions for problems in those areas. Strategy consultants need a minimum bachelor's degree in business administration, business analytics, management, or related fields.
- Prepare briefings, talking points and business plans in support of industry engagement.
- Develop and manage project plans, status reports, management and committee updates.
- Coordinate and serve as project manager across strategic initiatives.
- Help lead various strategic initiative projects, as assigned by senior leaders.
- Mentor and provide guidance to less senior team members.
- Present recommendations for highly complex sales opportunities and solutions when leading project teams.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan.
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners.
- Ensure client goals and project timelines are being met.
- Structure presentations, documentation, request for proposal responses, and other collateral.
- Motivate, coach, and serve as a role model for team members.
- Work with marketing, product, and engineering teams to automate processes and increase across-the-team productivity.
- Collaborate with partners across functions including strategy, finance, analytics, marketing, digital, product management, and technology.
- Develop trust-based relationships with clients and manage client expectations.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative insights to support your recommendation.
- Graduate's or Doctorate Degree in business, business administration, computer science or engineering or Bachelor's Degree and equivalent experience.
- Experience with applicable software and systems such as NDAS, CCAR, APIs, Chatbots, and Agile.
- Comfortable with decision making and leading.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Demonstrated strong collaborative and critical thinking skills.
- Can pay strict attention to detail and prioritize tasks and needs.
- Experience with machine learning, frameworks, and business case development.
Associate Strategy Consultant Salaries
Average Base Pay
Associate Strategy Consultant Career Path
Learn how to become an Associate Strategy Consultant, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Associate Strategy Consultant Insights
“Everyone is supportive of how you want to navigate your career and helps set you up for success.”
“There could not have been a better opportunity for me to develop as a professional and build the next stage of my career.”
“If promotion and career progression are important to you than maybe BAH is not you.”
“It is good a good place to start your career”
“Good good good good good”
“Tons of opps for career and personal development and growth”
“Great place to start and grow your career”
“Poor career and development growth”
Associate Strategy Consultant Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an Associate Strategy Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Implementation Consultant
- Management Consultant