What does a Beauty Consultant do?
Beauty consultants work in retail settings where they are responsible for offering customers advice, keeping counters clean and organized, demonstrating product features, and answering inquiries. They utilize their knowledge of cosmetics and skin-care products to help customers look for products to meet skincare needs and represent companies and their products.
Beauty consultants determine customers’ skin types, concerns, and style preferences and recommend products that fit their needs, tastes, and budgets while demonstrating how the products work. They respond to customer questions and complaints, process sales and returns, and maintain a balanced cash register. They design and maintain attractive displays, manage product inventory, and handle administrative and clerical duties including ordering stock and maintaining customer relationships through follow-up calls and email blasts. They plan and participate in in-store events, manage door-to-door sales, and meet quotas and objectives. Beauty consultants need extensive knowledge of beauty trends, skincare products, cosmetics, and experience in sales, retail, or related fields.
- Manage cleaning, re-stocking and moving boxes as part of display maintenance.
- Maintain excellent store appearance and assist with store merchandising to provide a positive shopping experience for our customers.
- Maintain a professional store environment and communicate inventory issues.
- Give honest, tactful feedback and guidance to customers on beauty products.
- Manage and execute all customer events held at store.
- Support inventory management and pricing needs within the department.
- Influence clients by identifying their needs and suggesting products to drive sales.
- Track sales objectives and create business plan to obtain goals.
- Build long-lasting relationships with customers who have a passion for the latest cosmetics, beauty and fragrance trends.
- Recommend and introduce products and services based on customer needs.
- Associate degree in business.
- Expected to have in-depth product knowledge.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Able to maintain a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- May be required to lift, move and transport equipment and/or materials up to 30lbs.
Beauty Consultant Salaries
Average Base Pay
Beauty Consultant Career Path
Learn how to become a Beauty Consultant, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Beauty Consultant Insights
“I love this industry I went to beauty school and it was amazing interacting with customers”
“The pay was good for someone my age (£10 per hour) and we also got free makeup”
“The customers are fun and I love how self expression and diversity is a top priority”
“If you weren’t a top 5 account your wins and successes weren’t celebrated or noticed!”
“I was very fortunate when I was hired because I was my franchisee's very 1st hire.”
“I believe I’m perfect for this position as I’m sociable and always treat my clients warmly and friendly.”
“The pay is good and no day is the same which makes working for Enjoy interesting.”
“There are many Great opportunities to grow within the company and have a rewarding career.”
Beauty Consultant Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Beauty Consultant
- Makeup Artist
- Salon Manager
- Hair Stylist