What does a Funding Analyst do?
Funding analysts handle the intake and processing of loan applications, and manage data related to lending programs. They develop candidate profiles that allow them to assess applicant eligibility and likelihood or approval. The execute contracts, verify information, and explain funding terms. They also frequently perform data analysis to evaluate programs and systems, and compile information to produce reports and presentations.
Funding analysts typically have at least a high school diploma, although some additional education or training is usually preferred. They commonly have worked in customer service or roles involved processing loans and credit applications. They must be proficient with common office software programs such as Excel, and experience with platforms like Salesforce is helpful. These roles require strong customer service and communication skills, along with project management abilities.
- Facilitate the review and funding of consumer direct loans and lines.
- Assume a role in the presentation and communication of all aspects of the deal structure to the appropriate contact to insure the timely and accurate funding of the transaction.
- Perform complete and thorough analysis. verification and audit of all payoff documentation, ensuring that compliance with the terms and conditions of all aspects of the transaction have been met.
- As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY support legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
- Address complaints concerning customer billing, services rendered, equipment and contracts.
- Establish and direct necessary procedures to insure that follow-up items are received on a prompt and timely basis.
- Monitor program progress and fulfillment of grant commitments in conjunction with the relevant program teams.
- Interface with customers in person and over the phone notifying them of vehicle recall information, expiring offers and promotions, various service specials, vehicle trade specials, and other opportunities.
- Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined.
- Establish, foster, and maintain working relationships with peers and line management within the business unit to support an effective workflow and continuous improvement ethic.
- Identify process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of process.
- Ensure full and up to date donor information is maintained in donor records and database, linkages, reporting and other donor requirements.
- Complete all responsibilities according to established protocols, policies and standard practices in the areas of ADA and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA.
- Handle telephone calls from customers to address questions that may include billing, contracts, service, and scheduling.
- Responsible for the occasional solicitation of equipment recommendation and upgrades to customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering.
- Comfortable interacting with creditors.
- Requires meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Experienced with workflow analysis and user documentation.
- Extensive banking experience is helpful.
Funding Analyst Salaries near United Kingdom
Average Base Pay
Funding Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become a Funding Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Funding Analyst Insights
“And doing a good job and being a Training and eContracting SME made me excited to go to work.”
“Long hours and can be intense if your not built for it but I am.”
“Opportunities to grow into a long term career are promised but that promise is not fulfilled.”
“We are given freedom to conduct business as per our own initiative within an organisation that rewards hard work and success.”
“Pay per hour is fair and equitable .”
“Pay was not the best and no incentives”
“initial training was thorough and almost enjoyable”
“More pay would be great though.”
Funding Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Funding Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Credit Manager
- Credit Analyst
Get anonymous career insight from your peers
Anonymously discuss career and development by joining our professional communities
Feel free to post any interview questions you might be asked and I’ll help you compose an effective response :)
A place to share advice, questions, vent and discuss how to change careers and pivot in to and out of jobs.
A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.