What does an Internal Auditor do?
As an Internal Auditor you will provide systematic and disciplined approach to effectiveness of risk management control and governance processes. You will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement. You will be accountable for the examination and evaluation of organization processes, reporting findings back to management regarding possible improvements and corrections.
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in accounting with a Certified Internal Auditor certification and proven experience as an Internal Auditor. You will have excellent report writing skills along with analysis and data reporting skills and a high level of interpersonal skills. You must have excellent MS Office proficiency especially in databases and a willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Develop internal audit scope and audit plans
- Acquire, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and share risk aversion methods and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits
- MBA in accounting, preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor, preferred
- Work with little supervision
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent analysis and data reporting skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Proven work experience as an auditor
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Internal Auditor Salaries near United Kingdom
Average Base Pay
Internal Auditor Insights
“No promotion opportunity unless your English is good and with ACCA or another higher certificate level.”
“I have worked here for 4 years and great opportunities for career growth have been provided.”
“life balance is night and day from my prior job and the company cares that you have enough time to enjoy your personal life.”
“Career development is encouraged and supported”
“Salary range not good and late”
“Good salary and the job is not difficult”
“People are nice and friendly.”
“Great people and fun to work for Jabil.”
Internal Auditor Interviews
Get anonymous career insight from your peers
Anonymously discuss career and development by joining our professional communities
Feel free to post any interview questions you might be asked and I’ll help you compose an effective response :)
A place to share advice, questions, vent and discuss how to change careers and pivot in to and out of jobs.
A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.